• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
User Banned (1 week): System warring, previous ban for same behaviour, junior account
I'm mostly a nintendo gamer so getting PC version of a game isn't an option for me anyway.

I understand. Exclusives are a valid reason to prefer a console, even if they are anti-consumer.

I also rather sit with a switch(or any handheld) in a waiting room (which I regulary do btw) than a laptop or tablet with a controller.

The Switch is essentially a cheap tablet with a more restrictive OS. You can buy a Windows 10 tablet that looks virtually identical if you want.

vastking_g800_7.jpg

I'm 40 years old and have no problem with that as I do not believe that the switch is a kids-only device. I also do not feel weird or anything.
Others constantly look on their smartphones so why the hell should I give a fuck when playing my switch in public?

I personally don't care, but you made a point about looking stupid in your previous post. Many people will always view the Switch as a childrens toy.

Also I don't see the point of using a controller with a laptop, since it's already a portable device and kb/m is objectively superior for complex/fast games.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So is this like nioh's stance switching
Not quite, DMC styles are more complex and allow much more crazier things, specially in DMC3 where they allow you to do stuff like stop time or summon doppelgangers. Also, there isn´t a stamina system and style switching doesn´t affect it like it in Nioh, so it´s not as critical to use (except for style points), specially in 3 where the game doesn´t offer it on the fly.

Nov 18, 2017
How much do you spend every generation on price gouged re-releases?

I knew how to install mods as a little kid. If an adult can't figure out how to extract files in 2020 they are beyond help.

Why not? A laptop does exactly what you are saying, and draws less attention than a grown man playing a Switch in public.

You could also buy a Windows 10 detachable tablet instead, if a regular laptop is too bulky for you. Decent ones sell for as low as $300.

Jesus christ you make me ashamed to be a PC gamer, the fact what other people are using to play games bothers you this much makes me cringe by association.

Jun 2, 2019
I understand. Exclusives are a valid reason to prefer a console, even if they are anti-consumer.

The Switch is essentially a cheap tablet with a more restrictive OS. You can buy a Windows 10 tablet that looks virtually identical if you want.

vastking_g800_7.jpg

I personally don't care, but you made a point about looking stupid in your previous post. Many people will always view the Switch as a childrens toy.

Also I don't see the point of using a controller with a laptop, since it's already a portable device and kb/m is objectively superior for complex/fast games.

As a fellow PC user it pains me to tell you this, but just stop, you're leaving yourself in evidence with the innecessary platform warring.

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017

You are truly PC chad. Keep going.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I think this means I am "In".

DMC3 was by far my favorite one and any improvement to make gameplay variability better is aces in my book

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

vastking_g800_7.jpg

whats that tablet?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Well that was a painful distraction.

Anyways, I'm legally obligated to tell you that according to top scientists around the world, Capcom is indeed back.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Here's my fucking problem. I played 1 for the first time on Switch and it was so meh so much I passed on 2. I wanna care because I hear 3 is really good. Is 3 really really good?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Well guess I'm getting DMC 3 on the Switch......will wait for the first sale though.

3 is a classic and I wanna own as many classic games on the Switch as possible.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I try to avoid going digital on Switch, but I'll definitely make an exception for DMC3 if style switching is in.

Probably going to have to get a Pro Controller, though.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I've never played a DMC game but yall are getting me hyped. This a good place to start? I'm assuming from the comments here that the gameplay holds up.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a DMC game but yall are getting me hyped. This a good place to start? I'm assuming from the comments here that the gameplay holds up.
Gameplay holds up and story wise it's a prequel so you don't have to play the previous two to get into it (especially 2. Never 2).

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
If every time I switch style the satisfying Switch sound plays I'll buy this at a high price.

It would be super dumb but I would love it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
3 is the beginning of the timeline, so it's a good place to jump in. For reference, the timeline goes...
  1. DMC3
  2. DMC1
  3. DMC Anime
  4. DMC2
  5. DMC4
  6. DMC5

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
How much do you spend every generation on price gouged re-releases?

I knew how to install mods as a little kid. If an adult can't figure out how to extract files in 2020 they are beyond help.

Why not? A laptop does exactly what you are saying, and draws less attention than a grown man playing a Switch in public.

You could also buy a Windows 10 detachable tablet instead, if a regular laptop is too bulky for you. Decent ones sell for as low as $300.
289fbQX.gif

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. That's one hell of a game-changing addition right there. Guess I'll be triple-dipping then, solely because of this new feature.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Hooooly shit

I hope that they can also find a way for you to switch between all of your weapons instead of only having two at a time

Tolby

Sep 24, 2019
Eastern Europe
Style switching is only broken when you're good enough to know the game mechanics inside-out.
This is a great addition for both newcomers and returning fans.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Fucking Capcom! If they're really doing this, and it is indeed exclusive to Nintendo, then release a physical copy of DMC3 for Switch. Don't cheap out on DMC3 you damn imbeciles! I'll pay up.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Is it port begging to say patch pls?
Well, to go by most people's reactions in Era threads where something may be exclusive, as long as it is wishing for something that is on the Switch then no, it is not port begging, it is what people are due. In threads where it would be the other way around, yes it would definitely be considered port begging and invite attacks by most thread visitors.

This is just an an observation in response to your semi rhetorical question, I'm not criticizing you at all (I think you are actually the only person who alluded here this could even be considered port begging)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Okabe

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Maybe implementing style switch is a way for people to practice how it works for smash .....

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Okay. So now I just wait for some performance impressions or gameplay footage, and I'm ready to bite.
It's a PS2 game, so I wouldn't worry too much about the game hitting 60fps consistently. If anything, I'm hoping that we get a separate physical release for DMC3 Switch at some point......also I hope we get to switch between every weapon in the game.