• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't happen to a better game. It's still the only survival game that ever hooked me.

I'm looking forward to doing it all again when Below Zero is finished!

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Wow, didn't expect that, but well deserved. One of my favorite games of the past decade, amazing atmosphere and sense of discovery.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved indeed. One of the best games I've played in the past 2-3 years. Looking forward to playing the expansion they're working on.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
really enjoyed my time with it, has a really nice, chill progression

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Frankly, it's well-deserved. It's one of the best games that came out in recent years. It's one of the few Early Access projects where being in EA worked out well. The developers always had been open about feedback, tried to experiment, and even though the end product is not without flaws, it's an excellent experience. Literally the only survival game I have legit enjoyed as well (it helps that micro managing the hunger/water meters becomes trivial fairly early into the game).

I'm really glad for the devs.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I had so much fun with this but uninstalled it in rage after loosing hours of playtime twice because of the broken save system.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Great success, probably the best survival game ever made and one of the best games of the past decade easily.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the parallel universe where it achieved these sales while having a stable release with the landscaping mechanic intact.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
It's almost a great game but the limited viewing distance really kills the exploration for me and I have no idea where I've been or where interesting stuff might be. That and the lack of guidance that sometimes leaves me stumbling around randomly searching for construction parts on the ocean floor.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Awesome game and my most played early access title. I wanted to play the VR version too,but damn was that a claustrophobic experience. Did not get sick or something,but it was too much for me to handle

Oct 27, 2017
Deserved. It's an excellent game and despite not really liking survival games, it's the only one that hooked me for a substantial amount of time. I'll probably get Below Zero assuming it comes to PS4 as well.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I keep hearing good things about the game, but every time I pick it up, it seems boring. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought it on holiday sale for PS4 really enjoyed it but the end was a bit tedious. PS4 is a bit glitchy as well with terrain not loading fairly often. Definitely interested in below zero.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best games for me in this Generation. Is the follow up in the ice world a stand alone expansion and not a sequel? Do we know anything how it may compare size wise to the base game? Hopefully we get a console release this year.

Praglik

Nov 3, 2017
SH
Is it sustainable for a studio this size given that those 5 millions sales were made on a period of 6/7 years ?

Oct 25, 2017
It's either the buggiest great game I've ever played or the greatest buggy game I've ever played.

An incredibly ambitious design, full of craftsmanship and wonder, and probably the only game to make me curious about what it must be like in VR. I'd love to return to this with better hardware over time, but hardware can only do so much to cover for the performance issues on the software side. Hope the base game continues to be maintained even as the developers proceed full speed ahead on Below Zero.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
It's also 17.99 on PSN for a few more days on discount.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Good! Phenomenal game. It took a little while for it to click but I got really hooked on the building, and the exploration is such a thrill... I have an irrational fear of the ocean and everything that lives in it, so the areas where you can only see a few metres ahead (but could hear the distant roars of some very big things) were so atmospheric and terrifying. Can't wait for the sequel to be finished!

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
It's on Gamepass if you're wondering whether it's worth it. I liked it, but there's some game breaking bugs that you have to bust the console out for.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
My kids love it. It was one of the first games they DLed on Game Pass on Xmas when they got their own Xboxes.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Uwe are goat. Natural selection mod for half life was one of the greatest multiplayer games of its time and is still better and more ambitious than a lot of stuff that comes out now.

Can't wait to see where they go after sub zero but secretly hoping for ns3 😫👌