• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Make some beacons, they are cheap in resources to make and I always have 4 or 5 on my Moth at all times. You can just turn them on or off from the menu if your view is starting to get cluttered.
Yeah, this is basically something you'll have to do as you get to exploring more, as the lack of any ingame map will become a major hindrance as you start to progress downwards. Beacons are a Godsend for helping get a sense of the area. Also, use them to mark zone transitions, as some areas are safe, and others house gigantic monsters, and knowing when you're coming up on a monster area will help remind you when you need to be alert.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I'm pretty sure you can find everything for the Cyclops at 200 meters and up, since I had everything for it before upgrading my Seamoth. You definitely can find everything for it above 300 meters. Also, none of the Cyclops base pieces will be in the wrecks themselves; they'll be on the seafloor surrounding wrecks. You should still go in the wrecks because there's a lot of other tech and Prawn suit modules that you can find in there, but the specific sets of pieces for the Cyclops are outside the wrecks themselves. You can also find them in random spots on the seafloor, which is why I recommend sticking to the seafloor as you explore around. I know I found a bridge piece and an engine piece in the transition area between the grassy plateau and the mushroom forest to the Northwest of my lifepod just on the floor next to absolutely nothing at all.

Okay that's good to know thanks. I didn't realize they could be out in the open like that. I definitely find myself subconsciously staying towards the surface more than I should because it's scary down there lol. But I'll do what you said though and there's still some areas I haven't been too yet or at least haven't thoroughly searched. And Praxis had a great idea too, beacons will help avoid covering the same areas over again and marking points of interest. I've been able to make them for a while and just haven't utilized them like I should.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Okay that's good to know thanks. I didn't realize they could be out in the open like that. I definitely find myself subconsciously staying towards the surface more than I should because it's scary down there lol. But I'll do what you said though and there's still some areas I haven't been too yet or at least haven't thoroughly searched. And Praxis had a great idea too, beacons will help avoid covering the same areas over again and marking points of interest. I've been able to make them for a while and just haven't utilized them like I should.
I did the same thing at the beginning. But the seafloor actually acts as a good shield for some of the bigger aggressive species that can really hurt you. If you're in open water and certain species set on you, you are completely boned. If you are close to the seafloor, you can throw a juke and they'll tend to peel off before they hit the ground. And then you can book it right out of there and try and hide behind a rock or something. The seafloor is also one of the most telling indicators of what biome you're in. If there's lots of red grass, you're OK. If there's giant mushroom trees, also basically safe. If there's lots of sand and not much else, well, that's a sign that you might want to be somewhere else. You can't see any of that from near the surface though, so you might unwittingly wander into a very dangerous area with no visual cue.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Oh that's interesting, good to know. I always thought being by the surface was safe but of course you can never see what's below you. I saw a map and noticed there's a huge Dunes area so I'm assuming that's one of the more dangerous places. I haven't actually been there yet. But yeah that sounds like a plan, I feel like I haven't made much progress recently and it's really because I'm just not taking more chances with exploring. That'll have to change.

Spectone

I found most of the cyclops pieces to be in the northern section of the map at a few hundred meters. For instance if you go to the large mushroom forest area and look at its edge where it becomes dunes. Also around that island to the north and in the areas with the Kush bush as well.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Cyclops hull pieces are some bullshit. I had probably scanned enough bridges and engines to get their blueprints three times over before I finally looked up where to find the last two hull fragments.
The two I needed were in the mushroom forest, one somewhere in the southern-ish part of it and one on the border to the bulb zone

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I found most of my cyclops pieces in the mushroom forest and area around it.

55 hours into the game and loving it.

Just built a secondary base in the lost river, just at the entrance to the inactive lava zone. The first room I built was the scanner and I am now pretty much swimming in ruby and uraninite. Planning on bringing the cyclop with the PRAWN down here tomorrow so I can grab loads of nickel and keep going deeper [\spoiler]

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Just built a secondary base in the lost river, just at the entrance to the inactive lava zone. The first room I built was the scanner and I am now pretty much swimming in ruby and uraninite. Planning on bringing the cyclop with the PRAWN down here tomorrow so I can grab loads of nickel and keep going deeper [\spoiler]

Regretting building my deep sea base where I did. It's too far away to use the scanner room for anything other than the lost river. Guess I'll just build a standalone scanner deeper down.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR

I tried building a base in the same location.

It failed miserably. I cannot get the thermal plant to connect to the power extenders no matter how close they are or how they're aligned. The thermal plant is in an area that's 50+ degrees, so it's fully-powered, but it will not transmit the power. I'm guessing it's because it's basically completely sideways on a wall, which I placed out of necessity because I have had three warpers circling the entrance to the inactive lava zone continuously which means when I attempt to move anything, I start getting teleported and attacked constantly. So that's been an utter failure. I decided to just press on and wrap up the game narrative rather than struggle anymore with that nonsense.

So speaking of pressing on, I knew that the lava areas were home to the Sea Dragon Leviathan. And I knew that one patrolled the area around the "Lava Castle". I made my way into that chamber and thought "I am going to be clever about this," and found a narrow path that led up around the outside of the entire chamber. I figured "big guy in middle, stick to sides." I'd run into the occasional Warper, but I could hang back on them no problem. And then I rounded a corner and I was face-to-face with the beast. It swatted me off my perch and a hail of fireballs followed me as I grappled off as fast as my Prawn suit would carry me. It was utterly terrifying. And after the attack, and making my way to the Lava Castle for shelter to assess the damage, it turns out that it did less damage than those aggressive fish that live down there. What the hell?

My wife had been clamoring to see more giant monsters in the game. I showed her that guy and her first reaction was "so he's like some sort of sea dragon?" Unknown Worlds really nailed that one.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The Grapple Arm on the Prawn Suit is fucking sick. I haven't gotten the jump jet upgrade (I think I need Kyanite if I remember correctly), but honestly spidermanning all over the place does the job more than well enough. I was afraid to jump down into the Blood Kelp Zone the trench one I believe, it's in a cave that's regular-looking, then turns into Blood Kelp). Once I got the Grapple Arm, I could jump down there without a worry (other than the nasty shit down there). Warpers are annoying, but aren't incredibly damaging. I haven't had one warp in a predator yet fortunately.

OP
OP
TeenageFBI

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Grapple Arm on the Prawn Suit is fucking sick. I haven't gotten the jump jet upgrade (I think I need Kyanite if I remember correctly), but honestly spidermanning all over the place does the job more than well enough.
Grapple plus three jump jets is the best. It's fun and it makes the Prawn Suit nearly as fast as a Seamoth! All that extra boost power means you'll almost never have to use the hang-off-a-cliff-while-your-boost-recharges exploit.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was climbing out of the lave zone using the grapple hook, made it nearly the whole way out - until my grapple took me through the wall and under the game world and almost falling to my death. Luckily I managed to grapple myself back into the world and not fall into the void, saving myself a good hour of hoarding.

Spectone

Finally finished the game using only the seaglide. I did not build the seamoth or PRAWN suit as they are not necessary however the cyclops fabricator is needed to build one essential component to finish the game. So I built a cyclops but never piloted it.

Jerykk

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Finally finished the game using only the seaglide. I did not build the seamoth or PRAWN suit as they are not necessary however the cyclops fabricator is needed to build one essential component to finish the game. So I built a cyclops but never piloted it.

That seems really inconvenient. The main benefit of the Seamoth, PRAWN and Cyclops is that they provide an infinite supply of oxygen. Trying to explore the depths with only a Seaglide means you'd constantly run out of oxygen. Also, you can move a lot faster with the Seamoth and PRAWN and the Cyclops provides a lot of mobile storage space.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that sounds crazy. I guess you could plant a bunch of brain coral to create air bubbles?

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
You can just build those basic compartments. They are cheap and fast to build and will give you enough oxygen to keep going if you build it, dissemble it and keep going

Spectone

I had a whole chain of bases, some with just brain coral in a bed on a platform. I didn't end up disassembling any of them though. Since they are required for your return journey to the surface. You can swim for a long distance with the seaglide with the largest air tank.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Haven't had the chance to play the game tonight. Planning on heading down to the inactive lava zone and the actibve one. Any tips you guys could share with me?

I've got a small base with a very reliable source of food and water after the cove tree, just right before the hole that goes down to the inactive lava zone.

My cyclop (fully upgraded) is still in the shallows, with my PRAWN suit (drill and claw arms). Planning on taking both things down to the cove tree, leave the cyclop next to my base ans head down in the suit

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Haven't had the chance to play the game tonight. Planning on heading down to the inactive lava zone and the actibve one. Any tips you guys could share with me?

I've got a small base with a very reliable source of food and water after the cove tree, just right before the hole that goes down to the inactive lava zone.

My cyclop (fully upgraded) is still in the shallows, with my PRAWN suit (drill and claw arms). Planning on taking both things down to the cove tree, leave the cyclop next to my base ans head down in the suit

You will definitely want the Prawn to drill materials.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, definately going down with it. Is it hard to navigate through the Lost River with the cyclop?

There is a very easy path you can take that is close to
lifepod 2
it's the widest entrance and pretty well lit with bioluminescence and hardly any dangerous creatures.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
There is a very easy path you can take that is close to
lifepod 2
it's the widest entrance and pretty well lit with bioluminescence and hardly any dangerous creatures.

Yeah that's the one I have memorised. Is it hard to climb back up to the Cove Tree with the PRAWN suit, or should I take the cyclop down the hole too?

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah that's the one I have memorised. Is it hard to climb back up to the Cove Tree with the PRAWN suit, or should I take the cyclop down the hole too?

I took just the suit down. There were a couple of annoying moments with warpers, but other than that it was fine climbing out with the grapple arm. Other than that one time when I clipped through the world!

I didn't have any upgrades to the boost either, so I imagine if you do it would be even easier. Just remember to bring food + water and a spare powercell (if you don't have the thermal upgrade).

I didn't realise at first, but there's a (enemy spoiler)
worm/limpet thing down there that clamps onto your vehicle's and sucks the power from them unless you climb out and knock them off with the knife

Last edited:

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Where in the lava zone is this alien base? Im where this huge ancient sea dinosaur flies around, been grappling around endlessly but didnt find it and eventually was beamed out of my prawn suit by a warper and instakilled, then ragequit once again

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Where in the lava zone is this alien base? Im where this huge ancient sea dinosaur flies around, been grappling around endlessly but didnt find it and eventually was beamed out of my prawn suit by a warper and instakilled, then ragequit once again

Not sure if you are talking about the Inactive Lava Zone or the Lava Lakes.
If it's the former, there's a gate with some alien pillars around it halfway up the central volcano (the 'lava castle' that the dragon flies around.)

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if you are talking about the Inactive Lava Zone or the Lava Lakes.
If it's the former, there's a gate with some alien pillars around it halfway up the central volcano (the 'lava castle' that the dragon flies around.)
There are actually two entrances on opposite sides of it. They are pretty easy to miss though. I circled around a couple times without seeing them, and was about to try to go down the nearby chasm, thinking that maybe i had to enter from below. Nope, just keep looking for one of those rectangular green-lit alien entryways.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Is there anything in-game that gives names to the areas like "Inactive Lava Zone"? Or do those just come from the game files, console commands, etc?

It wouldn't surprise me if there's some way to scan a biome to get a PDA entry on it, and I've just overlooked it. It took me forever to realize I could get seeds for mushrooms and melons by knifing them, and I just last night realized that you can charge up the stasis rifle

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR

Getting in and out of the lava zone is kind of a pain in the ass, especially as the Prawn Suit is difficult to move in even upgraded with a grappling arm and jump jets (if you don't have the grapple arm yet, don't even bother with the lava zone until you do). Frankly, I would recommend trying to do all of the lava zone in one go without returning to your base / sub. So that means you're going to want a LOT of food and water (focus on the most efficient use of space; nutrient bars and large waters from a water purifier). You should go in with a fully charged power cell and bring another with you as well. You won't need things like your flashlight or laser cutter, but a Seaglide is important if a Warper pulls you out of your Prawn Suit, and the repair tool is absolutely necessary. The Stasis rifle can help, but frankly, you're better off just learning how to haul ass in the Prawn suit with the grapple arm.

You'll be visiting alien bases, so it's going to be a good idea to bring some alien tablets with you.

The final base in the game contains four warp gates that take you back to four warp gates across different biomes, some of which are very close to the surface. After you've unlocked them, it's going to be easier to park your sub at one of them and just warp in and out rather than try and navigate the lava zone continuously. Leave your Seamoth somewhere easy to get to, warp out of the last base to the surface, retrieve your Seamoth and use it to navigate the Lost River to retrieve your sub. You'll never need to go down there again unless you want to explore more or you need certain resources.

SirVilhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anything in-game that gives names to the areas like "Inactive Lava Zone"? Or do those just come from the game files, console commands, etc?

It wouldn't surprise me if there's some way to scan a biome to get a PDA entry on it, and I've just overlooked it. It took me forever to realize I could get seeds for mushrooms and melons by knifing them, and I just last night realized that you can charge up the stasis rifle

I've only found the console to give you those names. I play on Xbox so it's "sandwich button + X" to bring up console. It then shows you your coordinates and current biome

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Using only the Seaglide, you could just take numerous air tanks and switch when you get low. The ultra high capacity ones are big, but each one is an extra 3 minutes of air. I think carrying multiple tanks slows your swim speed a lot, but using the Seaglide makes that irrelevant.

I'd be interested to see a speed run of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Re: Using only the Seaglide, you could just take numerous air tanks and switch when you get low. The ultra high capacity ones are big, but each one is an extra 3 minutes of air. I think carrying multiple tanks slows your swim speed a lot, but using the Seaglide makes that irrelevant.

I'd be interested to see a speed run of the game.
Here's a guy who did it roughly 4 times faster than it took me to figure out how to build a SeaGlide (video contains spoilers, obviously):

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017

I'm still in the middle of doing all this, but I definitely think it's worth taking the Cyclops down there. It allows you to take your time more, since you can grow food/water on board, and it prevents you from needing to go back and forth a long distance to it to resupply, craft new things, or just take a break. The whole sequence feels like it was designed for the Cyclops.

More specifics, but not really story related:
Trying to climb back up with just the prawn can be a huge pain and dangerous, since the vertical shafts have a bunch of warpers. Getting warped out of your suit with a big drop below you really sucks.

You'll find kyanite down there, which you'll need to use to craft at least the final depth upgrade. It's nice to have your Cyclops nearby to just do that without back tracking. You may want to have a second copy of the cyclops depth upgrade on hand so that you can upgrade and swap without needing to go all the way back up or risking being without a depth module while you try to upgrade. You'll also be able to craft the thermal generator upgrade for the Cyclops to give you infinite energy down there.

In the deepest(?) area the temperature is to high to be safe outside the prawn for long, so keeping it repaired could be dangerous without a safe place to easily retreat to

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I'm still in the middle of doing all this, but I definitely think it's worth taking the Cyclops down there. It allows you to take your time more, since you can grow food/water on board, and it prevents you from needing to go back and forth a long distance to it to resupply, craft new things, or just take a break. The whole sequence feels like it was designed for the Cyclops.

More specifics, but not really story related:
Trying to climb back up with just the prawn can be a huge pain and dangerous, since the vertical shafts have a bunch of warpers. Getting warped out of your suit with a big drop below you really sucks.

You'll find kyanite down there, which you'll need to use to craft at least the final depth upgrade. It's nice to have your Cyclops nearby to just do that without back tracking. You may want to have a second copy of the cyclops depth upgrade on hand so that you can upgrade and swap without needing to go all the way back up or risking being without a depth module while you try to upgrade. You'll also be able to craft the thermal generator upgrade for the Cyclops to give you infinite energy down there.

In the deepest(?) area the temperature is to high to be safe outside the prawn for long, so keeping it repaired could be dangerous without a safe place to easily retreat to
I was able to spend time outside my Prawn Suit doing repairs and I don't recall getting injured at all (this was after I foolishly left my Prawn sitting in a pool of lava assuming it wasn't hurting me). Do you have the Reinforced Dive Suit? If you climb the walls to get away from the big lava lake, the temps are around 70 degrees which the Reinforced suit protects against.

I really wish I had taken the Cyclops down to the inactive lava zone at least, but I was worried about Warpers dragging me out since I had three circling the entrance at all times. Can Warpers pull you out of the Cyclops?

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to spend time outside my Prawn Suit doing repairs and I don't recall getting injured at all (this was after I foolishly left my Prawn sitting in a pool of lava assuming it wasn't hurting me). Do you have the Reinforced Dive Suit? If you climb the walls to get away from the big lava lake, the temps are around 70 degrees which the Reinforced suit protects against.

I really wish I had taken the Cyclops down to the inactive lava zone at least, but I was worried about Warpers dragging me out since I had three circling the entrance at all times. Can Warpers pull you out of the Cyclops?
Reply to spoilered question:
Yes, I have the reinforced suit. I didn't stay out of prawn long enough to really see how quickly I was taking damage, but I was immediately getting the burning effect. It might only be a really slow health drain at 70 C, but still not something I'd be comfortable with. I didn't try going all the way to the walls, but it seemed like the whole area is 70, kind of like how the whole area above it is 50. Thermal power generation on the cyclops is pretty great at 70 C

Warpers don't seem to be able to do anything to the Cyclops. Even if they could warp you out of it, I'd feel more comfortable with that than with getting warped out of the prawn suit and having it potentially fall down a chasm or into lava. The cyclops at least is able to hold its position

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
Reply to spoilered question:
Yes, I have the reinforced suit. I didn't stay out of prawn long enough to really see how quickly I was taking damage, but I was immediately getting the burning effect. It might only be a really slow health drain at 70 C, but still not something I'd be comfortable with. I didn't try going all the way to the walls, but it seemed like the whole area is 70, kind of like how the whole area above it is 50. Thermal power generation on the cyclops is pretty great at 70 C

Warpers don't seem to be able to do anything to the Cyclops. Even if they could warp you out of it, I'd feel more comfortable with that than with getting warped out of the prawn suit and having it potentially fall down a chasm or into lava. The cyclops at least is able to hold its position

Actually, if you get warped out of the prawn suit, it stays put, floating in the water, which is kind of goofy.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I came so close to finishing last night.

I made the hatching enzymes, hatched the baby sea emperors, cured the disease, disabled the quarantine enforcement facility and built the Neptune launch platform. I had to make another trip back to the Lost River and the Inactive Lava Zone to get some resources for the rocket; all I need to do now is build the final piece (I already have all the materials for it). I would have done it all last night, but we had just watched Coco and midnight was rolling around. But tonight, I'm definitely off this planet.

It's so cool being able to swim up to Warpers and having them completely ignore you.

When you finish, does the game give you an option to continue from your last save so you can still explore and build stuff? I figure once I've actually beaten it, I'm no longer terrified of venturing into certain areas. Time to explore those dunes.

EDIT:
So the hatching enzymes have five ingredients from five different plants. The Sea Crown can be found in the aquarium, so that's one right off the bat. The other four are endemic to the four zones that the various arches in that base teleport you to, which is convenient (although I had Bone Sharks clip through the wall in two of the four locations). But it turns out that you can find both the Eye Stalk and the Ghost Weed within about 20 meters of each other as you descend in the Blood Kelp Trench. It's a tremendous time-saver over trying to navigate the Crag Field or getting by the Ghost Leviathan patrolling the Warp Gate in the Lost River.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I beat it. I knew I was pretty much done, so I was running it on the TV with a controller. They really need to clarify that this game does not have full controller support. To wit; I needed a piece of enameled glass, so I was going to simply deconstruct a piece of my base, but you can't access deconstruction in the habitat builder using a controller. It simply doesn't exist. Also, for the final sequence, there is an item that specifically requires you to input text, which you cannot do via controller, which means it's literally impossible to beat the game without incorporating a keyboard. That's a minor quibble, frankly, but it's something I hope gets fixed up a little more in a future update. The feeling of exploration while sitting on a couch looking at a giant TV is still really epic compared to a computer monitor; I'd like to be able to name beacons as I go along without resorting to a wireless keyboard.

Absolutely excellent game, all things considered. I liked it a lot more than I ever expected I would, even though it scared the absolute piss out of me on a routine basis.

OP
OP
TeenageFBI

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I beat it. I knew I was pretty much done, so I was running it on the TV with a controller. They really need to clarify that this game does not have full controller support. To wit; I needed a piece of enameled glass, so I was going to simply deconstruct a piece of my base, but you can't access deconstruction in the habitat builder using a controller. It simply doesn't exist.
You can absolutely do this on an XInput controller. I did it often. I think you have to hold down on the d-pad or something.

You could also have run into one of the complications where the game won't allow you to deconstruct a part because doing so would interfere with a nearby structure. The game isn't very good at explaining this.

You're right about the text input though. Not sure why they can't implement the Steam keyboard in BPM or something.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?

end-game spoiler image:
pCdDEuP.jpg

I had everything all prepped and ready to go so I could end the game this morning... Then this morning's patch broke the first one. Luckily I had enough extra materials that I could build the second one after just foraging some more titanium

So... is there a point of no return?
No. You might be able to save during the final sequence, but I don't know why you'd even try. It's pretty obvious when you're about to end the game, and then afterward you can just resume from your save before that.

SirVilhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on if the dev team is doing to good the pop in on the X1X version? Was living the game up until I started exploring the lost River. So hard to get a sense of were to go when the game doesn't render the scene ahead just several meters. I think I am going into another area just to have a wall pop right in. No is no sense of scale, it's frustrating.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Any word on if the dev team is doing to good the pop in on the X1X version? Was living the game up until I started exploring the lost River. So hard to get a sense of were to go when the game doesn't render the scene ahead just several meters. I think I am going into another area just to have a wall pop right in. No is no sense of scale, it's frustrating.

It's bad on PC as well, not sure how much worse it is on console, if any.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
I never ran into any gameplay-affecting pop-in issues like that on PC. Maybe HDD vs SSD issue, or amount of ram?

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I never ran into any gameplay-affecting pop-in issues like that on PC. Maybe HDD vs SSD issue, or amount of ram?

Have it on an SSD and 16gb RAM, and personally it has never had an effect on gameplay for me but I know some people are much more sensitive to such things and didn't want to throw the console version under the bus lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
The Lost River is fine on my PC; I get much worse pop-in descending into the Mushroom Forest. I'll be coming down in the Cyclops and I'll crash into a mushroom tree that didn't render until I hit it. The Lost River still has very noticeable pop-in, mind, but it's further out, and I'm generally moving slower so as not to draw the attention of certain larger aggressive species.

SirVilhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like PC is better with pop-in which really isn't surprising. Love the game, just been having a hard time navigating the lost river. Which brings me to another question.

I was venturing around in the sea moth with the depth module 3 installed. I got to a point in the river where there is a very deep drop well past the 900 meter mark. I am guessing at that point the sea moth is useless? Time to move into the prawn? I thought about taking the cyclops down there but its such a pain to navigate.

OP
OP
TeenageFBI

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was venturing around in the sea moth with the depth module 3 installed. I got to a point in the river where there is a very deep drop well past the 900 meter mark. I am guessing at that point the sea moth is useless? Time to move into the prawn? I thought about taking the cyclops down there but its such a pain to navigate.
That's right. Gotta switch to Cyclops/Prawn. i suggest a bunch of jump jets and a grapple on the Prawn so it isn't as godawful slow!