• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
ohhhhh cool

This is why they took 6 years for GOT?
They had a cancelled game

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Man, this looks fantastic. That medieval cityscape and interiors looked sick.

amazing amount of detail too, hopefully they'll get to realize their vision they had for this game someday.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's 2020, and somehow, many people still don't realize that 'video unavailable' usually just means that embeds don't work.

Like, just open the video in a new tab, and it'll work. You don't even have to open a new tab yourself. Just click the title of the video instead of the play button, and it'll open a new tab itself.

Ever notice how half of the videos in music sharing threads seem not to work? That's why, now you know.

edit: Well then... The YouTube vid was just fully taken down. Now it's really unavailable lmao

Last edited:

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Very happy we got GoT instead of this. I like the bleak style of the city environment but nothing else sticks. Feels like a sci-fi original movie or mid-budget early 2000s science fantasy drama.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like absolute shit. No artistic or gameplay identity whatsoever. They were right to go with Ghost.

and it also seems like they were hellbent on aping Assassin's Creed no matter what. They need to strike out and do something different next gen.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Oh well, this looks way more interesting then GoT... hope they will have a chance to make it one day. They have to work on the style, it's a bit weird (I see a lot of Prince of Persia influences).

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Visually and conceptually it seems very simple, maybe with more polish and time it would become something more interesting, but happy that they chose to make Ghost instead.
Besides, many mechanics and stuff from this were certainly passed on to Ghost in some way.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
This looks incredibly generic. It looks like something that would have been released early in the 360/PS3 era.

Now im wondering how long they were working on Ghost of Tsushima for. Cause it doesn't sound like 6 years.

Oct 24, 2019
Looks like alchemy featured pretty heavily in it-- was getting some A Plague Tale vibes there with the armor-melting powder lol.

Looked pretty great, but I think Ghost is definitely the better choice

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Looks like it's been taken down on YouTube. Won't let me go any further. Managed to watch more than half of it though. Looks really cool.

Edit: Oh nice, a different link.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
When was it cancelled? Did they have two teams or is this why GoT took so long?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any details available apart from "this is a video of it"? Like how far it was into development, plot and why it was cancelled. What's the origin of the video? Looks good but very, very Assassin's Creed.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
I'm always an advocate for new IP but for some reason I just want more Infamous. Same with Evolution Studios when they made Driveclub, just give me more MotorStorm.

Sucker Punch are an incredibly talented studio though and I'm sure they'll make something that connects with me again one day.

That's me being incredibly selfish obviously

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
the map transition was very cool.

it would need to have a very big personality and unique twists to stand out (which GoT has) and it does not look like the case.

c bweezie

Jan 8, 2020
It's 2020, and somehow, many people still don't realize that 'video unavailable' usually just means that embeds don't work.

Like, just open the video in a new tab, and it'll work. You don't even have to open a new tab yourself. Just click the title of the video instead of the play button, and it'll open a new tab itself.

Ever notice how half of the videos in music sharing threads seem not to work? That's why, now you know.

edit: Well then... The YouTube vid was just fully taken down. Now it's really unavailable lmao

relax.