• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
dmSHr01.jpg

Me waking up in the morning.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks interesting enough, needed a bit more work but I wasn't expecting a crazy amount of polish to begin with. I'm glad they went with GoT instead.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
This settings needs something real special to make it appealing. Outside of the Order 1886 and the Witcher III, most of the time it's just kinda ok for me. Doesn't really do much.

He kinda looks like the womanizer guy main guy from the Order 1886.

What makes a game not a generic open world game? Instead of listing just 1 or 2 games, what would make it unique?
Something in the gameplay department that can separate it from the rest. BOTW had a lot of generic designs like the towers but the having physic based gameplay and being able to literally interact and go anywhere separated it to a completely different level compared to the rest.

Right

Nov 24, 2017
Strong AC vibes at beginning, then strong Uncharted vibes sims in.
Everything looks rough, and lots of things looks to be scripted, but I think there's potential if it's properly executed

DireRaven

Oct 27, 2017
Looks OK, but it's an 'assassin creed type' game set in a single city? too similar to Infamous, and I can see why they transplanted this into medieval japan, it gave them the push they needed to go large scale full open world, something I'm not sure this game was aiming for.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
People keep bringing up Assassins Creed, that looked more like a Thief/Uncharted hybrid.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that looks really bad. The AC comparisons would have been relentless. The setting is not good and the voice acting is really offputting too (assuming it isnt just placeholder stuff).

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
Nothing about this appealed to me in anyway whatsoever. They made the right call. I wonder what other prototypes they tried.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Graphics are definitely early PS4 era, and the first part of the demo looks uninspiring but the set-piece after he got injured looked cool.

Oct 27, 2017

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
the animation when he slips through the open space after kicking in the fence looks identical to how Jin slips between tight spaces with R2, so cool to see some animations they were working on in this game make their way into GoT.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting aesthetic, sort of like AC meets Dishonored, but its hard to form any sort of opinion beyond that from such a small slice. I would imagine there was a legitimate reason for why it was cancelled and the team moved on to GoT instead.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting. Obviously not rendered in real time on something like a PS4 though, it is a vertical slice / proof of concept. Geometry doesn't look current gen, even if quite a bit of it looked rough.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
the animation when he slips through the open space after kicking in the fence looks identical to how Jin slips between tight spaces with R2, so cool to see some animations they were working on in this game make their way into GoT.
Same thing I thought when I saw it. This game looks interesting but I'm also glad they went with Ghost of Tsushima. I wouldn't mind seeing this game come out one day tho.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely a familiar vibe/setting (with some sprinkles of Asian culture thrown in) to other popular games. Combat looked fine, but not special. Couldn't guess as to why it ended up getting canceled though.

Nine_Ball

Jun 12, 2020
It looks like a very interesting game, something I would have definitely desired more than Ghost of Tsushima.

I got some Games of Thrones vibe from the general environment.

Great stuff from the very talented guys at Suckerpunch.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This looks like order mixed with assasin creed 1.

Sucker punch dodged a bullet by going with GOT.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
It does seem a bit too Assassin's Creed like in setting and look.

Was cool though. I',m happy they decided to change direction, as Ghost is just damn beautiful looking.

Feb 8, 2018
The name is good and the scripted stuff isn't bad. I'll take AC 3 and Origins over this when it comes to the setting. Simply is more interesting to me.