• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Launch month?

• June 2020

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • July 2020

Votes: 260 22.5%
  • August 2020

Votes: 456 39.4%
  • September 2020

Votes: 353 30.5%

• Total voters

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Calm down dude. I am not "objectively comparing a current gen game with a next generation game", I just shared my impression from the TGA. Why the fuck do people feel attacked because of that?

Console wars, wat. I have *literally* just a PS4 Pro under my TV. It looks good for a PS4 game. Would have looked better if it was made for the PS5, which will release, like, 3 months after the game.
Imagine telling people to calm down after you just entered this thread to post some shitty trolling comparing actual gameplay of a current gen PS4 game, to the CINEMATICS of a next gen Xbox game that showed literally zero gameplay. You can see how this makes no sense, right?

Last edited:

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
This game is shaping up to be exactly what I wanted from it. Good god, I cannot fucking wait.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, and the world looks so varied too given the art and scenes they've shown previously. SP literally had all gen to make this game, just amazing what we're about to get. :D

rx63S6w.gif

zxHcgSr.gif

Holy shit. Looks beautiful

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Wow I love what I'm seeing. I think my Pro is going to be a hot mess trying to play this game though lol. Props to Sucker Punch on the presentation of this game. Visually, it's stunning. Hope the gameplay matches!

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't be very wise to skip the PS4 release of this game after they promised it for PS4. PS4 has sold over 100 million units. That's a lot of sales they'd be losing out on. Let the next gen games be the next gen games. This'll likely get a PS5 patch anyway.
Sure, but a simultaneous release would be best of both worlds. But that's fine, I'd rather get it early, and hopefully the ps5 launch lineup is killer without it.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
This looks like the game I've been waiting for since like, forever.

Hopefully it's early summer 2020, if not that is ok too I guess as it'll be a great birthday gift lol

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, looks very nice. Very crisp.

Trailer was mehh. As a first reveal it would be great.

But I need more gameplay at this point, not cutscenes.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Looking really good. I liked it when he swished his sword down, and ''The Ghost' came up on screen!

Can't wait to see the gameplay trailers next year!

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why is the camera so tight up in there during the horse riding???

Presumably to extenuate the model detailing and animations, not to mention the physics and visuals of all the flora. It works well imo. Makes the riding look more aggressive and intense.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited for this game. Always wanted a modern game in this setting/time period and me passing on Sekiro as me trying to play/get anywhere in Sekiro would be just about impossible due to having very poor/slow physical reflexes where as that shouldn't be needed to play this game and seems this game will be far more accessable. Looks absolutely beautiful!

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
This might have been my favourite scene. Quite nice detail that the swords fly out of the hands and in the direction of the motion of the body. The Enemy carrying two swords makes me think the player might also be able to do the same given he also has two swords.
SociableCheerfulArmedcrab-size_restricted.gif

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
I'm so excited for this game. Always wanted a modern game in this setting/time period and me passing on Sekiro as me trying to play/get anywhere in Sekiro would be just about impossible due to having very poor/slow physical reflexes where as that shouldn't be needed to play this game and seems this game will be far more accessable. Looks absolutely beautiful!

I see I'm not the only one, I normally like challenging games but Sekiro didn't grab me at all.

Oct 27, 2017
This might have been my favourite scene. Quite nice detail that the swords fly out of the hands and in the direction of the motion of the body. The Enemy carrying two swords makes me think the player might also be able to do the same given he also has two swords.
Why is the CG blood in this trailer look better than most CG blood in many movies ? lol

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hope to god the actual gameplay isn't like that. You'd want to be surveying the game world in this situations, not admiring horse animations

Just because it doesn't have cheat mode levels of FoV, doesn't mean you can't already see a lot of the environment around you, and for anything more you can simply look around with the camera controls, eg rely on actual interactivity and gameplay input.

e4SyNN9.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fantastic and wonderful trailer. Easily my most wanted game of next year. And I see they're going with that killer box art too.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

Most samurai carried Daisho which is a pair of swords. One short and one long.

but they usually only used one. But the bow was actually their main weapon.

some did use the shorter sword in conjunction with the longer one, it's known as nitoken

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
What I like about this game is the hair and clothes physics. Definitely sells what they are presenting very nicely.

Still not that hyped for this. Maybe once I see gameplay cuz right now its not something I want to dive into. Also holding out for this one on ps5. So maybe that's why.

After Part2, it buying any more 1st party stuff on ps4. Will wait for ps5. I'll keep playing the backlog obviously.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks beautiful. And Sucker Punch makes fun, although relatively easy, games.

Not a fan of the horse riding camera. Wish it was more like SOTC.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Will give it ago. Looks like it could be pretty good.

I need to see combat though, like a combat video or something. I'll try not to compare this game to sekiro while playing but its gonna be tough.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
If there ever was a game I'd want that only exists in my dreams.... it's this game.

Good gracious.