• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

As our games continue to grow in scale and complexity, they require the full attention of our studio. With our focus on our current project, we have no plans to revisit inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper right now, and no other studio is currently working on projects related to those franchises either. These characters are very special and near and dear to our hearts, so while we'd never say never to re-opening those doors down the road, for now there are no inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper games in development.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Infamous dying for a ubisoft rip off. This is the darkest timeline.

Oct 28, 2017
fucking betraylaton of highest order

but in a more serious take, shit sucks. ill be fine with decent remasters/remakes of the first InFamous games tbh

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
One kind of sad thign about modern gen development is that it takes developers all possible effort to make games like Ghost of Tsushima. Which is worth it, GoT is a phenomonal game, but I do miss it when devs could work on multiple IP's. Oh well.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
No surprise, honestly.

Maybe Nixxes could eventually do a port of some of those games to PC, but I don't expect to see those IP again for a long while.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Not even ports of the previous games to PS5 and PC? I'm sad.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Don't care for Ghost so...

9vsdypukq7t41.png

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
"As our games continue to grow in scale and complexity, they require the full attention of our studio. With our focus on our current project, we have no plans to revisit inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper right now, and no other studio is currently working on projects related to those franchises either. These characters are very special and near and dear to our hearts, so while we'd never say never to re-opening those doors down the road, for now there are no inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper games in development."

Confirmed that Sucker Punch, nor any other studio is working on Infamous or Sly Cooper.

Guess Shpeshal_Nick misheard or had a bad source regarding Infamous.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Damn. Ghost is fine and all but I'm kind of tired of the formula. Would've loved to see a PS5 inFamous game.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Infamous is my favorite Sony franchise. It's a shame they aren't making any new ones, but glad suckerpunch is still doing their thing with other new IPs.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
I keep telling people to ignore what that fake insider Shpeshal_Nick says. The guy is constantly wrong about stuff. Stop giving these fake people attention.

Oct 25, 2017
One kind of sad thign about modern gen development is that it takes developers all possible effort to make games like Ghost of Tsushima. Which is worth it, GoT is a phenomonal game, but I do miss it when devs could work on multiple IP's. Oh well.

They could still do it, it they scale up. Insomniac is working on at least three games, Firesprite is working on four games and SSM and GG are also working on multiple games at the same time. I have no idea if Sucker Punch would even be interested in working on Sly or Infamous though.

Connope

Mar 6, 2022
Guess someone must be starting production on Sly 5 tomorrow then? Very smart to trick everyone by posting this.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Sony has actual superheroes to makes games about, they don't need knock-offs anymore.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
as a sly fan this sucks but is also understandable. ghost of tsushima probably sold more than the whole sly franchise lol.