• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Source: https://www.destructoid.com/suda51-...g-travis-strikes-again-into-2019-520831.phtml

Why the slight setback? We had a chance to talk with Goichi "Suda51" Suda at PAX West and he gave us some valuable insight as to the external market forces that made early 2019 a better launch window. We're in the Nintendo booth, and he gestures to the giant Smash Bros. banner that's looming over us. Suddenly, it's obvious.

"So, as you know, Super Smash Bros. is coming out in December," Suda tells us. "I'd feel really bad about impacting their sales negatively. I'll give them a break and move it over into next year."
Great point. You wouldn't want to accidentally smash Smash Bros.

Very considerate of him as Smash needs all the sales it can get. Maybe Sakurai should repay the favour by including Travis Touchdown in the game ?

The game was recently announced to be released on January 18, 2019 by the way

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He knows he couldn't compete and turned it into a joke. He wasn't seriously saying he'd impact sales of smash.

Wander

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been other cases where developers or publishers come out and say they move release dates because of a specific game?

But yeah good on Suda tho idk January seems pretty packed too.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean. Im still buying travis and skiping smash so idk.. i dont think it helps

M-PG71C

Oct 29, 2017
Very good man! I'll support him by buying his game next year too! So considerate! Now if only others would do the same for poor Red Dead Redemption 2

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously because Travis is in smash and the market simply cannot handle two Travis games releasing in the same month.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man he's really doing Sakurai a solid, I hope Sakurai scratches his back too and gives Travis a place in Smash

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What a nice guy. Sakurai really should thank him by putting Travis in Smash!

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lol this is like the game dev equivalent to someone saying "I broke his fist with my face".

Rondras

Banned
Aug 28, 2018
That is funny but the actual reason could be that he saw that people dont actually like the game and he wants to add something better in the gameplay. At least I hope so.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Incidentally I think I once heard a rumor that he moved up the original No More Heroes' release date to cover for Brawl's delay but I don't know how true that is

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's was kinda tense there for a moment or two but I'm glad he did the right thing for all of us. Massive respect.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Hopefully Travis makes it in Smash eventually

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I hope he's kidding. Smash doesn't need to worry. A no more heroes that doesn't play and barely looks like a no more heroes game should be worried.

Maybe, just maybe, I'm just slightly cheesed because i love suda51 and want all his games asap though, logic and manners be damned.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I'll take Travis for Smash any day. As long as no one ever brings up Goku again.

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif