• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
just announced in this live stream. horror indie game, budget of around 1 million dollars, published by devlover digital. will update with more info as it comes.

edit 1:
They said it's supposed to be easy to pickup and play, so it would even be easy to play on devices such as "mobile, switch & stadia".

Major Inspiration is supposed to be Siren (switching rooms in the Hotel, seeing different perspectives).

edit 2:
hell yeah, Swery talked about how he finds straight horror comical but responds much more to something like David Lynch, specifically season 3 of twin peaks and the unsettling finale
edit 3:
"doesn't have to be in Barcelona" they seem to just like the title

maybe it's about a journalist writing an article about the hotel, it's just an idea don't hold them to it
Swery wants to create a character that is 100% bad and maybe you're forced to play as them and kill people
edit 4:
Swery seemingly offhanded said it should be a sidescroller because that feels indie
edit 5:
This is clownery lmao. THEY'RE MESSAGING TOYAMA LIVE TO ROPE HIM INTO THE PROJECT. The creator of Silent Hill and Siren lmaooo
TOYAMA SAID YES. WHAT.

Last edited:

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
I think this is meant to be a joke? The way it's being discussed, such as the fact they apparently started work on-stream. Makes it come off as one.

Edit: Also, they were allegedly collaborating for a Playstation VR game at one point. But the project was canned.
The pitch was about food, Suda picked ramen. and Swery picked pancakes. (and is supposedly forming a religion about them now.)

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I think they said switch, not stadia?

also inspired by siren (!!!)

They said it's supposed to be easy to pickup and play, so it would even be easy to play on devices such as "mobile, switch & stadia".

Major Inspiration is supposed to be Siren (switching rooms in the Hotel, seeing different perspectives).

Oct 25, 2017
yeah they want it to be easy to play for accessible platforms

really wish I understood Japanese, I'm missing all the jokes!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Suda working on a new horror game after decades and the possibility that it actually stays horror due to being indie and having no publisher interference? I am there.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Aight i would get it on ipad and maybe even android too.
Hope it would release on all platforms tho.

Oct 25, 2017
hell yeah, Swery talked about how he finds straight horror comical but responds much more to something like David Lynch, specifically season 3 of twin peaks and the unsettling finale

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Am i ready for such a potential mindfuck? Well, only way to find out is playing once this project is really out there.

Oct 25, 2017
"doesn't have to be in Barcelona" they seem to just like the title

maybe it's about a journalist writing an article about the hotel, it's just an idea don't hold them to it

Oct 25, 2017
they are eating hotdogs with chopsticks and Swery seemingly offhanded said it should be a sidescroller because that feels indie

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like they didn't even bring it into consideration by devolver and they don't have the one million

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
This is clownery lmao. THEY'RE MESSAGING TOYAMA LIVE TO ROPE HIM INTO THE PROJECT. The creator of Silent Hill and Siren lmaooo

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You know what's somehow funny?

The thought that this ... whatever ... still feels like better project planing than SQEX with their almost decade long stuff. ^^

Oct 25, 2017
Swery, Suda, Toyama. And here I thought Deadly Premonition 2 was the craziest SWERY related announcement I could possibly get this year.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck me. This game is either going to:

A - Never come out.
B - Become one if my all time favourite games
C - Be absolutely terrible.

Points B and C aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.
I just can't see a world where this thing is only mediocre and my reception of it is indifferent.

Excited to find out more, to say the least!

Status
Not open for further replies.