• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Engine Software were the one who made the excellent remaster of Killer7 on PC. They also said on the steam forums that their engine can port it to Switch easily. So it was just a matter of working it out with Capcom.

It also says that he is a producer on an unannounced title with a prolific JP game designer, which could probably be No More Heroes Remaster?

tumblr_oiyjoko6hp1w1prgyo1_500.gif

Ee1TRc8WkAIPnUY

Reviews on Steam:
unknown.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish you all the luck, and die like a dog. Then laugh it off. I'll be waiting for you with a grin as wide as the truth.

Oct 26, 2017
No surprise. Just hope the Engine employee only at most gets a slap on the wrist as I don't think companies like their projects being leaked in their resumes. :(

Edit: Oh, it's Tre, still fucking snooping around LinkedIn, no matter the consequences.

Reminder he unironically uses the r-word. In short; fuck him, period.

Here if you want proof (at 2:17):

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I bought the Steam remaster when it came out a while back, and was somewhat surprised it never came to consoles after that, but apparently the rights issue with it is kind of weird. It seems at least one of the characters from Killer 7 will have a potential role of some kind in NHM3, so I guess they want to finally get it on there

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
They should make the shooting levels optional light gun segments using the Joy-Con IR pointer. Adjust the difficulty to compensate.

Great news, especially since we know it'll absolutely top-notch based on how great a job they already did with the PC port. I wonder if this means NISA finally made inroads to handling it for Capcom, since Suda had already said that Capcom was the one folks needed to ask to make this happen.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Ok Era... can someone "explain" this game for me? So I gave this title a shot but I couldn't understand the gist. I only played like 20-30 minutes but all I was doing was choosing left/right/straight and going into rooms where stuff happened... but not much more.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok Era... can someone "explain" this game for me? So I gave this title a shot but I couldn't understand the gist. I only played like 20-30 minutes but all I was doing was choosing left/right/straight and going into rooms where stuff happened... but not much more.

It's like Resident Evil made by a paranoid maniac.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No surprise. Just hope the Engine employee only at most gets a slap on the wrist as I don't think companies like their projects being leaked in their resumes. :(

Edit: Oh, it's Tre, still fucking snooping around LinkedIn, no matter the consequences.

Reminder he unironically uses the r-word. In short; fuck him, period.

Here if you want proof (at 2:17):

WTF, ya have goddamn explaining to do tre!

Last edited:

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gyro aiming would be pretty good for this.

actually, they should add Ring Con support, too, and have you run in place to traverse levels like in Ring Fit. The exploration is all linear, so I bet it wouldn't be too bad! lol

It's a game well known for operating on a wavelength that most aliens can't tune to, but the simple version is that it's a point and click survival horror game with rail-based movement. It definitely takes a lot of getting used to as a result, especially with the story itself starting out as a kind of anthology rather than a linear tale, but if you find a way to get into it, its hooks will burrow deep and won't let go until the conclusion.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to post some out of context Killer7 videos but every scene is gold and I can't bear to spoil it.

By the way, women are all the same!

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

jxnlDSm.gif

tumblr_mib2aou7Zu1r8uz24o1_400.gif

tumblr_n8amswZewS1rr5qhqo1_500.gifv

tumblr_ok7evrEXmR1ruva68o1_500.gif

It's fun. Try it again, it might click for you this time? Took me two tries before I got it back in the day (definitely one you have to be in the right mood for).

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is United States? What is the purpose of the President?

I'm Japanese. How the hell should I know?

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't there rumors or something in an interview about it coming to Switch around the time the Steam release happened? Maybe I just imagined it. I think seeing they were at least considering it. Anyway, it'd be cool if they just released it on everything at this point. Like, why not?

It's a trippy on-rails FPS with some adventure/puzzle elements. It has easily my favorite story in the medium, but ironically, to fully understand it you have to do some digging in the supplemental materials that I don't think were ever officially translated into English. You can find everything you need to know online, though, if the story hooks you like it did me.

You're essentially fighting invisible suicide bombers and you play as multiple split personalities, the Smiths. It's bonkers.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Weren't there rumors or something in an interview about it coming to Switch around the time the Steam release happened? Maybe I just imagined it. I think seeing they were at least considering it. Anyway, it'd be cool if they just released it on everything at this point. Like, why not?
Suda said strong sales of Killer7 on Steam could lead to a release on Switch but it only got like 800 reviews there

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted Killer is Dead, but sure, whatever, I'll get this one too.

I hope we'll get PS3 era Grasshopper games too. All three of them.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Finally got around to playing it on steam earlier this year. LOVE this game. Definitely double dipping if true. Looks live suda may have worked out a lot of his titles going by it.