• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
This seems to be a place for my kind of people. Had no clue it existed. It's too bad it hasn't exceeded one page yet.

he started from a bad game and made a decent one. I still don't have a PS4 so I unfortunately can't get to enjoy it as much as I could have. The lad should port it to PC !

If you're referring to Killer Is Dead at the start, I might be one of the few that really enjoyed it, especially from a gameplay standpoint. It was one of Grasshopper's most enjoyable games mechanically, perhaps its very best, before Let It Die was released.

It's too bad that Killer7's IP is owned by Capcom because I'm certain that a re-master for it or, damnit, a PC port would re-open people's eyes to Suda's artistic vision, especially when it's clearly his most well-regarded title. On the note of Capcom, wasn't Killer7 developed against the wishes of the company and was only protected by Mikami's presence as the producer? It's incredible to think the amount of talent that was under Capcom's name in the PS2 generation.

VKO-GFX

Dec 19, 2017
Killer7 is one of my all time faves. I'd definitely re-buy it for PC.

Also, it took me way too long to realize why The Silver Case get's a 51% discount during sales. lol

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
So how many of us pre-ordered the 25th Ward LE from Amazon during the price mishap? ($29.99)

Go to your open orders and try clicking on the LE.

I'll wait.

It won't be shipped to us. Why wouldn't they just cancel the orders instead of being sneaky like this? Is amazon even gonna stock the LE again?

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
It's Suda's 50th birthday.

2869723-suda51silver.jpg

Even if next year is the more important anniversary...

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Anyone knows what this is from NIS ? An arrange album announcement ? TSC and 25th footage in here

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Well some good news maybe? Amazon sent me an email confirming the 25th Ward LE for March 27th, but the product page is still deleted...

50/50 chances maybe?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I never played Shadows of the Damned but it's incredible how much of a shitshow the development was. EA are truly the worst out there, and the original draft sounded so great too !

dvmhqbkx0ai14lg4bs90.jpg

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Baian Sayaka actually has a full version that I did not know existed for the full version.

It reminds me how prescient and incredible that chapter was. Suda51 nailed what the internet was about, and I wish he was recognized for it. Powerful chapter.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
And it's a chronology of Suda's work at both HUMAN and Grasshopper...I want a copy.

Now that killer7, No More Heroes and FS&R all getting love (and Syndrome rumours at the Spike Chunsoft event), seems like all the fans are catered for now. :P
Never been a better time to be a fan, really. What's even better is now composer Masafumi Takada and Suda obviously made up and are working together again. And Miyamoto is doing so much art for Suda again, the whole gangs back together (like an old band getting back together again, for some concerts and new albums). This is just great.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
yeah hearing of Takada back again is warming my heart. I feel like the timeline has been corrected to the best one in some sort of miracle

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah between working on Suda's directed games, Mikami's directed games, Sandlot's games (EDF), Cyber Sleuth series and Kodaka's (Danganronpa series and undoubtedly whatever his new IP ends up being) games, Takada is one busy man nowadays, which is great for big fans of his work like us, just means we get more of his amazing music to listen to.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
This thread reminded me that I'm sad that we never got a Contact 2. The originally was one of my favourite DS games.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
So did anyone buy that new book in the end? Is it good, different from the previous one?

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
"Travis Stikes Again" has a release date - January 18th 2019! It seems a lot of people are down on it, but I can't wait.

I hope it's cool to post this here. I drew this last month and I like the way it came out (but it wasn't well received, especially on twitter)-

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
"Travis Stikes Again" has a release date - January 18th 2019! It seems a lot of people are down on it, but I can't wait.

I hope it's cool to post this here. I drew this last month and I like the way it came out (but it wasn't well received, especially on twitter)-

your art looks very good, I really like it

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Looking up online Hideyuki Shin and Suda 51 both worked on Killer is dead. Hideyuki Shin is credited to have worked on Let it die.
I am curious if Hideyuki became inspired by Suda 51's work.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Currently on a Grasshopper kick, have any of y'all played Blood+? How is it?
If I was to pick between it or the Samurai Champloo game next, which is more interesting?

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Not played Blood+ since it's in Japanese only and mine has gotten rusty nowadays but Samurai Champloo is decent, combat gets dull after a while but it has a cool soundtrack from Takada and the story is different from the anime (written and directed by Suda himself). I enjoyed my time with it, probably one of the weaker GhM games that I've played but still worth checking out I'd say.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not played Blood+ since it's in Japanese only and mine has gotten rusty nowadays but Samurai Champloo is decent, combat gets dull after a while but it has a cool soundtrack from Takada and the story is different from the anime (written and directed by Suda himself). I enjoyed my time with it, probably one of the weaker GhM games that I've played but still worth checking out I'd say.

Yeah, I've got no Japanese but I feel if the presentation, OST and gameplay are there, I'd be in. It's also fairly cheap.

I'll take your recommendation and hit up Samurai Champloo first though. I actually know and like the source material for that one too. Didn't know it was a Suda directed too, that's great. Maybe most excited for that soundtrack though.

Nov 5, 2017
I've been thinking about Killer7 since I last played it (around 8 years ago).
Really want to play through it again, hoping it gets some lovely remastering treatment (and comes out on Xbox) soon.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Currently on a Grasshopper kick, have any of y'all played Blood+? How is it?
If I was to pick between it or the Samurai Champloo game next, which is more interesting?

I imported it years ago. From what I remember, it was a really stylish precursor to NMH. I thought it was much more interesting than the Samurai Champloo game.