• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoXUE4TKHwc
Check out the first official look at 4-player Co-op Gameplay for Suicide Squad in this exclusive Sony State of Play trailer as Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, and King Shark combine their unique traversal abilities, gunplay, melee, tactics, and teamwork to face off against waves of Brainiac's corrupted soldiers and take down a huge techno-organic artillery gun that has been phased into Metropolis.

+ Traversal (!!)
+ Metropolis
+ Story looks interesting
+ Co-op antics could be really fun
- Battle Pass
- Gear Score
- Weapons sound like NERF guns
- Shooting purple orbs
- Never-ending forever game (not really a fan of these to be totally frank but more power to you if you are!)

Bit torn, honestly. It looks solid (presentation is impeccable as to be expected) but a live-service always-online game is not the sort of thing you'd think Rocksteady of all studios would be behind. I won't be surprised if this is a sleeper hit as long as it doesn't shit the bed come launch but I'd have rather they'd be given the chance to make something entirely new in the time between Arkham Knight/Arkham VR and now. Or maybe a Superman game had WB not turned down their pitch. 🚶‍♂️

Will pick it up on sale though, hopefully it doesn't die before then.

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
BATTLEPASS

GEARSCORE

UPGRADES

CO OP WITH 4 PLAYERS TO GET THE FULL EXPERIENCE

The new Rocksteady

Last edited:

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
Deadshot doesn't really feel like Deadshot until you manage to grind for the super duper legendary exotic rifle

what an awful showing, it took 8 years for this and it's just stuck all the most annoying trends in recent years into a superhero game

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
the leaks were right and i'm so disappointed.

tired of incremental gear upgrades

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see this bomb even harder than Avengers. It looks agressively mediocre. And everyone is flying.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a shame, because the graphics and lighting are excellent (as you'd expect from Rocksteady) but the gameplay looks so bland.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like a fun co-op game but doesn't look like I'll live up to the expectations we all had

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The mobility options and verticality is selling me a lot more on this game as someone who has no real attachment to Rocksteady's oeuvre. Harley Quinn in particular looks really fun.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
WB Montreal BTFO. Right up until the last moments WB Montreal was cagey about whether they'd be able to do DLC for Gotham Knights. In the end you just got that Heroic Assault tower and nothing else. Rocksteady jumped out the gate like "Yup, we're doing DLC and a season pass." One of these games was clearly more important than the other from the jump.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot believe how terrible the trailer was.

It was "Shoot the purple orb weakpoint" EVERY 5 seconds. Reminiscent of old zelda bosses where you hit the eye a few times...except that was every enemy artillery or boss. WTF?

This game looks terrible, and thats aside from the battle pass and in-game store. Reeks of a game upper management made talented devs develop. This games development story has got to be interesting.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I trust Rocksteady. I'm not into customization or RPG stuff... but the combat looks fun.. and they don't throw alot of hud stuff in your face (I hate damage #s).

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
ConsciousMintyIrishwolfhound-max-1mb.gif

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is a potential GOTY and nothing I saw dissuades me from that perspective. Casuals are not going to complain about the things Resetera takes issue with.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Sigh. Remember how bad ass the Arkham Knight E3 reveal was?

Guess those days are gone.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting from the SOP thread, but I suspect this game's development started back in the mid/late 2010s - when WB/DC were trying to give the Suicide Squad a major push to grab some of that Guardians of the Galaxy audience.

But then the movies landed without much fanfare and the property never really took off in a big way. Now Rocksteady have been stuck making a game based on an IP that has failed to generate any real hype, leaving everyone wondering why the hell we couldn't have gotten a game based on any other of DC's more notable characters, much less Batman.

That said, I'm willing to give the game a shot simply because I'm a DC nerd. I'm just hoping it's the kind of game that just doesn't demo well.

Oct 26, 2017
This game would have looked a lot more interesting if they actually showed boss fight footage that looked competent against the Justice League.

The footage shown just looks very similar to a bunch of other games.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember the last time a reveal disappointed me this much. 8 years and abandoning the Arkham series for a fucking bland co-op looter shooter. This has almost the exact same sales pitch as Gotham Knights

What a catastrophic miscalculation. This feels like a fundamental misreading of why people enjoyed the Arkham games. The only explanation I can think of is that this game has been in development for so long that it once felt like a no-brainer idea, but during the extended development period the market trends changed and now it feels tragically out of touch.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks like alot of fun, traversal options to get around the city look cool.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
At least the Avengers game cast played differently.
Everyone in this is literally just jumping and shooting, that's such a waste.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
This reeks of an out-of-touch exec at the top of WB, who got their job via nepotism, watching how much his kid spends on Destiny and demanding Rocksteady try to imitate it regardless of whether or not it makes sense.

BioWare, Cystal Dynamics, WB Montreal, and now Rocksteady. Damn.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I hate this so much I actually have no words. What the fuck Rocksteady?