• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Small localization comparison

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
0SJiQYK.png

l4Us0UF.png

Translation looks like it has been updated! (Though how much remains to be seen.) No more of Suikoden II's excessive, yet charming, punctuation??

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Retranslation/translation touch-ups is huge news. I could nitpick how it looks all day but I just wanna be happy about Suikoden for once.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Are they going to be retranslated? Because the translation is super rough by today's standards.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The hilarious audacity to do this after Suikoden staff leave Konami and show through crowdfunding there's an audience for these games. What a joke.

I fucking knew Konami would only do this over the success of the Eiyuden Chronicles kickstarter. Just like we didn't get new Mega Man or Castlevania games until MN09 and Bloodstained has success. Japanese execs are fucking dumb.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
My Switch JRPG backlog might last me for a full decade after this generation is over - love to see it.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will this have achievements for recruiting all stars? Because I suggest people might want to read up on advance on somebody called
Clive

I hope they also didn't patch the gate glitch for us vets lol.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
With original creators making Eiyuden outside of Konami's hands, and Suikoden I & II is "just" a remastered project and not something weird, I don't think there's anything to complain about this situation.

Corrik

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 5, 2022
SSDs would do wonders for games like this. Also, the elephant in the room ofc. Will Suikoden match Eiyuden on gamepass? I am buying it regardless.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
OH MY GOD, WHAT THE FUCK?!

this TGS has delivered for me like none have

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Suikoden 1 was so amazing back in 96. It was like the best of the SNES RPG era with the addition of CD quality music.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
It's super glad this wasn't another pachinko announcement or something. Will probably get it on Steam, but I'd get a physical Switch edition if it exists

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this has boosters tbh. I've always been interested in 1 and 2 but I just don't have the time to grind in JRPGs anymore, I just want to play through the story without worrying about levels etc

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
The safest possible thing for Konami to do but I'm really glad it a collection of both games. I'm 100% down for this. Suikoden 2 is one of the best games of that era. I'm overjoyed to be able to play it on modern consoles

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't what I was expecting, but I'm hyped. Leakers were right I guess.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Sweet, consider it wishlisted. I've not played the series, but people here talk pretty fondly of the series. I'm always down for some good JRPGs.