• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

From the developers post on Reddit:
Hello! Developer here, so I'm hoping this won't be seen as too self promoting for the sub, but our new trailer is over here
and we'd love any genuine feedback. Here's our Steam page also!

We're a survival horror game that aims to keep the style and sense of isolation of games like Alone in the Dark and Resident Evil (well, the originals) but modernises some of the more archaic elements of those games, such as controls and UI.

We're a three person team of family developers who all grew up in a middle of nowhere rural location in Kent, but we're taking inspiration from places like the Isle of Wight, the Cotswolds alongside more local areas.

We're trying to create an English village that feels real, so while Summerford was a reasonably pretty area in the past, we're trying to develop something less like the classically beautiful English villages you see in most media and make something a bit more real. That is to say, it has less world heritage sites and more fish and chip shops.

Players take the role of Sam, an urban explorer in her late twenties as she gets separated from her friends. We don't want to give too much away but story right now, but we're bucking the trends slightly in that we'll be going for a more classic horror story rather than deeply psychological - think closer to Silent Hill 1 and Resident Evil than say, Silent Hill 2, albeit less camp than the traditional nineties storytelling.

In regards to the character model:
Thank you and agreed! We were originally going to make a game that was actually PlayStation 1 style / limitations and she's actually been designed in a really backwards way from a PS1 model backwards, but we're working on it!

And they did confirm there will be combat, no tank controls.

It's just a teaser but it looks good.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With it being such a small team I'm not expecting the world but always up for a good horror game. :)
Yeah, as a fan of horror games and recognizing it's a small team and budget, as long as it's decent then I'm down to playing it. I enjoyed Remothered and Dreadout because I took them for what they were and they were decent.