• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK

mW3aYff.jpg

https://twitchstats.net/real-sub-count

Awesome to see, he's gone from 16/18k to 40K+ over the last few weeks.

UPDATE:
News/Stats are wrong

Tfue claiming No.1

Last edited:

signal

Oct 28, 2017
When is it DSP's turn??

Alsp dp twitch streamers get uncomfortable wearing hats all day

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
Quite amazing. I've been watching him every now and then, playing the sneaky way has become my new drug :)

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
A guy streaming a game with no content keeping pace with Twitch's biggest streamer playing Fortnite. Hilarious.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Its just giving extra support to the streamer. Nothing weird about that. And you get some perks with it.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see a list full of dudes

but I thought it was s'posed to be easy to be a streamer if you're a girl!

/s in reference to little boys in twitch chats and on twitter everywhere

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Amazing to see that it was for SoT as well! Game is going from strength to strength.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I see a list full of dudes

but I thought it was s'posed to be easy to be a streamer if you're a girl!

/s in reference to little boys in twitch chats and on twitter everywhere
It is far easier to break through to the mid tier list if you are a woman, getting to the top takes way more.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
I think Shroud already beat Ninja last month. Also this website is known of being wrong and using estimates.

thisisamerica

Jan 9, 2019
Crazy. Ninja just went full stardom though, and I doubt Sea of Thieves gets as much attention as Fortnite. Still a pretty solid result.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is far easier to break through to the mid tier list if you are a woman, getting to the top takes way more.

I don't agree at all. It's definitely far easier to attract creepers and drive by comments if you're a woman (which don't result in subs), but I'm not sure about community building

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
His stream has been super entertaining lately. Summit is a good person, I'm happy for him.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I stopped following him at one point when he got himself involved in one of those scam gambling websites.

Really not sure how to feel about this.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
His stream has been super entertaining lately. Summit is a good person, I'm happy for him.
There is a small section of the SoT community that feel like he is playing the game in a way they don;'t like.

Rare were going to do a Dev stream with him (they have a series of playing with streamers) but it was pulled as they pushed a video of him being 'toxic' to the culture of the game.

Real shame, if anything they should jump on the milestone and get it done.

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think that list is entirely accurate?

Shroud has his sub counter on stream, and tonight it showed him at over 41k.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
There is a small section of the SoT community that feel like he is playing the game in a way they don;'t like.

Rare were going to do a Dev stream with him (they have a series of playing with streamers) but it was pulled as they pushed a video of him being 'toxic' to the culture of the game.

Considering Summit's playstyle and Rare promoting the community aspect of the game, I think they made the right choice.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What's was he doing that they didn't like?

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
This is likely to get even more people to stream the game, which in turn will translate to more people playing the game.

Which is awesome for a dead game with no content and no one playing lol

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Nonsense. It's a pirate game. The idea of getting annoyed at someone successfully beating you in a shared PVP world is ridiculous.

True. But remember Rare aren't banning Summit though, or even commenting on his behaviour. But after laying out their version of the pirate code it would be weird for them to alliance with Summit right now.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Ya there is no way he isn't toxic in sea of thieves. I understand it's a pirate game but he will hide on peoples ships for hours waiting for them to get anything good just to hop out, steal it, and shoot them while using a voice changer and making fun of them for it, killing them over and over until their two players on their own ship get there to pick them up.

I enjoy watching it, unless he's bitching about hackers or something being the reason he died, but I don't think it's something the developers probably want to advertise.

I think the thing that pushes it over the edge is that a lot of his prey are people that just want to PvE. They find a low pop server to enjoy doing their own thing but actually someone is hiding on their ship for hours just to ruin it for them.

He also has a fortune banked up and doesn't need 99% of what he steals.

I guess toxicity is a grey area in a game where player interactions are the content, but enjoying antagonizing someone and making fun of them over the voice chat is still a shitty thing to do.