• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Nintendo 64 games always make for some of the best any% speedruns because they're just so exploitable. The things people discover and accomplish are so entertaining. I will watch this later in the tub with Stuart.

Deleted member 15933

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another entry in a great video series. Interesting/Worrying that, for this game especially, many videos have been lost because of twitch purging the history of non-highlighted videos from pre-2012. Record boards are nice, but the medium for everything video game related is video. I think these videos really do important service for the entire art form!

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I used to watch Ringrush and Cfox run this all the time. Too bad most of Ringrush's stuff is lost to time.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't the 100% record like 5 hours or so?

They never mentioned it in this video but doesn't reaching the boss mean doing the DK Arcade game as well or could that be skipped via these tricks?

OP
OP
TheMink

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut

They never mentioned it in this video but doesn't reaching the boss mean doing the DK Arcade game as well or could that be skipped via these tricks?

I was wondering the same thing? It should be in the 5 hour range. OoTs is in the 4 hour range iirc.

crash7800

Oct 27, 2017
The Shattered Isles
Fantastic channel.

I got stuck in this game when I was a kid. I had shot the banana balloons a few times and it didn't register so I didn't understand what they were supposed to do. I got stuck trying to find loose bananas in every stage (Which were required to advance) and never got to the end :(

Boney

Oct 28, 2017
Santiago

That's insane. I wish I didn't get bored so easily when watching speed runs, because they are seriously impressive. But my attention span doesn't let me enjoy them.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Was the Lanky Kong trick really not well known until 2009? (unless i misunderstood that part and the actual new trick was the clip into hideout helm) I remember using that to mess around with the game in the mid 00s cus i didnt want to do all the collectibles, but i forgot how/where i learned it (cus i know i didnt figure it out on my own).

Still its wild to see how the run evolved!!

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Donkey Kong 64 is love. Poorly coded love that the Conker team made fun of, but love nonetheless.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Wow, didn't even know about this channel.

That DK64 video was great, going to watch the other ones now.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
This is an incredible series. I'm glad to see it's getting some love! The Mario 64 and Super Mario Bros. videos are my favorites. Zelda 1 is pretty great too. Summoning Salt's research is pretty meticulous.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
It was an interesting video. I think I'm gonna watch some other videos too.