• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
So here's something that was kept rather quiet. In fact, I couldn't find a single announcement for this but found a Sumo section hiding at the end of the credits:
DWul97dU0AEg2Q5.jpg

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Well at least they got some switch dev experience points out of this.

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, I can't blame Sumo Digital for getting paid even if Overkill is a scummy company that STILL produced an out of date version of Payday 2 despite all the marketing.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Explains why it actually runs okay on Switch - based on the lack of impressions prior to the launch i was expecting a complete mess.

OP
OP
Jonneh

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
does anyone know if the port was good? (or it hasnt been reveiwed yet?)
Having played it for around 15 hours I can say it's a really competent port. Mild slowdown in some levels but nothing crazy and it's more up to date than other console ports I believe but still not up there with PC. As Richter said, that's probably an Overkill problem.

Oct 27, 2017
66 at meta currently
Seems to run great but is missing tons of content and voice chat. I would blame the content on Overkill.
Having played it for around 15 hours I can say it's a really competent port. Mild slowdown in some levels but nothing crazy and it's more up to date than other console ports I believe but still not up there with PC. As Richter said, that's probably an Overkill problem.
thats dissapointing to hear about the content really . Well at least Sumo digital did a good job on thier end and ported the game well

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
From statements made from Overkill this week, isn't it akin to updates since June 2017? Which I think is update 147 out of 171, which is what the PC version currently sits at.

I think they are missing 50 updates from what I read on Reddit. Will have to look it up for you.

Nope, it's on 117. Switch will be the least updated version of the game, with content that's about a year old. Other consoles are still behind PC, but switch is way behind them. https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/21/17036040/payday-2-nintendo-switch-version

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I must say, even if its old version, it feels and plays awesome! I'm just blown away totally. I expected all kinds of choppiness, but this blew my mind. Stable and easy to pick up and play...

Why we don't have OT for this? IT will be interesting I bet

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I mean, the game was good back when Version 117 came out and always had a ton of content so it's not complete garbage but there have been significant updates to the mechanics since then. For example the AI buddies aren't nearly as crap anymore on the PC.