• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
A Narrative Designer from Sumo Digital, SJ Longthorne, became a part of a 30 Under 30 list today (congratulations!). In her description, I noticed this tidbit:

"The majority of Longthorne's work over the past year has been as a narrative designer on a triple-A title based on one of the 'world's best known and best-loved fantasy franchises,' with Longthorne's role making up a crucial part of the game's development."

What is this? What could it be? As far as my Era search has shown, we've known they're working on two AAA games, but as far as I've found, we haven't known it was a fantasy game.

It's also worth noting that Sumo has HUGELY staffed up over the last few years, now standing as one of, if not the biggest, "independent" developers in the industry.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I could see it being a LotR thing for Warner Bros. since that IP seems pretty much up-for-grabs.

Hopefully it's not Harry Potter, but they are a British studio.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely Lord of the Rings, maybe contributing to Fable

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Dungeons & Dragons?
Lord of the Rings?
Magic?
Game of Thrones?
Warhammer?

Could be a lot of things, especially if it's something that is now more obscure but was popular a long time ago

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think this could be co-development on Fable.

Sumo Digital worked with Playground Games on every Forza Horizon title so far.

Just an idea though.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I see 2 things.

GOT but I really doubt that only SM who developed this or Co-developer for Fable.

Sumo Digital is already the Co Developer for Forza Horizon.

Humam

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe LoTR because Monolith has moved onto a sci-fi project so I could see them making a game in the vein of "Shadow of___" series.
Fable does make more sense tho.

OP
OP
Luke_wal

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Fable ? i can see them working again with playground.

Oh duh, I can't believe I hadn't thought about that. Sumo has a history of working with Playground on the Horizon games, it could totally be contract work on Fable. Does that qualify for the type of language being talked about here, though?

Oct 25, 2017
Watch it be something the size of something like "The First Law" instead of an IP people would think of with thta description

Oct 29, 2017
Lord of the Rings
A Song of Ice and Fire (GOT)
Harry Potter

Seems like those are the top 3 that would be most obvious. Though my personal wild card, that I would love to see, is:

Kingkiller Chronicle

Yeah, yeah...3rd book isn't out yet...but Temerant is such a cool world, they could easily create a fantasy game based in it even without using Kvothe's story.