• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Because if we didn't go back, we would forever be in daylight savings time. They did shorten it several years ago so we spend more time IN daylight savings than out of it

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Returning to "true" time is where it's at. I, and most people don't till land anymore. I'd be curious to see the effects this shot has had on our health.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
This messes up my work out time lol

It gets dark at 7pm and I start working outdoors at 6pm.

So now its gonna get dark when I get the chance to work out...great.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They had a 3 year trial of daylight savings over here (West Australia) starting in 2006, mainly pushed by business wanting less disparity in hours with the Eastern states.

We voted no in the referendum held afterwards.

Thank fuck, it doesn't work in our geographical location.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Why can't we just switch to metric time?

These Imperial units are holding us back as a nation and as a species.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It keeps things interesting. Gives us some variety in our day-to-day routines and something to talk about. Harmless in the grand scheme, though a few folks might show up to work an hour early or late a couple times a year

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh great, it's 5 PM and night time.

Who does this benefit? Vampires?

My peeps!

In all seriousness, a lot of studies have been done showing increased depression in individuals during the hour loss due to reduced day light. SAD (seasonal affective disorder) is no laughing matter for some.

I agree with the majority here that this is an archaic practice that serves no purpose now, and actually has more negative effects than positive and should be removed. Wishful thinking that'll happen some day!