• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
giphy.gif

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
People from Insomniac said they wanted to do it but couldn't back on GAF, I wonder what changed.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Holy shit if true, it's the last xbox game i wanted to play on my pc

Last edited:

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this means MS are going to bring all the missing Xbox One games to Windows.

RARE REPLAY PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASE!

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Too bad it will probably be Windows Store only :(

Edit: or perhaps not, since Insomniac owns the IP!

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Oh neat, 60 FPS.

I love the movement system in this game. It looks weird but when you're playing it feels amazing, especially late in the game with all the upgrades.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
https://wccftech.com/sunset-overdrive-pc-insomniac/amp/

The decision is not up to Insomniac, as stated in one of their recent Tweets. "We'd love it if it could happen but [the] ball is in Xbox's court on it," the developer said to a fan overnight. In a follow-up tweet, the developer clarified their initial reply, "We'd love for it to come to PC, though it's up to Xbox on that one."

According to Insomniac games bringing the game to PC was always going to be up to MS so If this is true then it means MS and Insomniac have finally reached an agreement and hopefully this could mean we finally getting x enhancements and even a probable sequel....while at it Ryse 2 would be great too. Do it MS.

Last edited:

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... MS finally said yes or their publishing rights expired and Inaomniac finally can do it on their own?

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Well The Xbox one really lost It's identity with

Good look MS Selling your Xbox next time

Stilton Disco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Fuck yeah! This has been niggling away at me since launch since it looks just incredibly fun and is about the only reason I want an XO, so I'd be there day one for a PC release!

Hopefully this means MS are going to bring all the missing Xbox One games to Windows.

RARE REPLAY PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASE!

This too. Rare Replay and MCC while you're at it too please!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess this might mean they'll update the console version with some X enhancements along the way?

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Yes! ^_^

Hopefully Insomniac is considering a sequel in future and it comes to all platforms. That'll be amazing!

Deleted member 26104

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Too bad it will probably be Windows Store only :(
Too bad people get to play a game that they probably wouldn't have gotten to play otherwise. So terrible.

Hopefully this is true, it's a great game that got shitpiled for being an Xbox exclusive at a time when the hate for the console was at an all time high. The more people that get to play it the better. Might even get MS to fund a sequel hopefully.

Just wish the movement abilities were opened up from the start, would've made the game even better imo.

What does that mean? Are Playstation and Nintendo consoles a possibility or am I reading this wrong?

Cause if insomniac owns the ip, does that mean they can port it to any platform or no?

Depends on the deal they did with MS. MS don't need to own the IP to keep exclusivity of it (this game, not the franchise), they did fund the entire thing when literally no other publisher would, not even Sony. I would think MS locked that game up.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad people get to play a game that they probably wouldn't have gotten to play otherwise. So terrible.

Hopefully this is true, it's a great game that got shitpiled for being an Xbox exclusive at a time when the hate for the console was at an all time high. The more people that get to play it the better. Might even get MS to fund a sequel hopefully.

Just wish the movement abilities were opened up from the start, would've made the game even better imo.

Not true at all, it got a ton of praise before release and after, it just didn't sell.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is still the only exclusive that would push me towards an Xbox One, so I'd be DELIGHTED to hear this.

Still, would probably need to upgrade my PC anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.