• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This is really a persecution complex. When even rereleases of BC titles are being lauded by the improvements that the Xb1x bring, I really can't take your comments seriously.

I think you need to Google the exact same things you posted. Its clearly a case of what you focus on shaping your opinion.

Its not. There was huge talk about resolution in 2014 from mainstream media to every gaming forum. Now there is virtually no talk about it outside of threads specifically talking about enhancements etc....

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Great, I hope it's coming on Steam as well or at least that it's Play Anywhere with the Xbox version.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
Just a few months ago they said they were ready to make a sequel if they got a publisher. I guess if given the resources they would find a way to work on both games and besides they own the SO IP they wouldn't want it to rot.
https://mobile.twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/922626922131087360
They are gonna need more staff. They said the majority of staff were on Spider-Man. If they will work on two games simultaneously, that only means Spider-Man is a much more ambitious game and Sunset Overdrive was quite mid-tier on the level of Ratchet & Clank.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the best games of all time.
Greenlighting a sequel while you're at it would be good, Phil.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I can't believe that this is happening! OMG!!!!!!!!!

H5Z5OKv.gif

Please don't be windows store exclusive, please, please.

Last edited:

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
They are gonna need more staff. They said the majority of staff were on Spider-Man. If they will work on two games simultaneously, that only means Spider-Man is a much more ambitious game and Sunset Overdrive was quite mid-tier on the level of Ratchet & Clank.
Well I don't know about SO being mid tier or not or about Insomniacs plans for the IP cos I got no idea. Lol. But i know SO was a AAA game and Insomniac games is currently willing to develop a sequel alongside Spiderman if they get a publisher and If at some point they'll need to hire more dev's to get both projects moving then that would be great.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for a sequel post Spiderman!!

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
It better be dirt cheap, because windows store actively devalues the worth of games published there.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The more folk to play this awesome game the better!

I'll echo my hope for an X patch as well. I'd finally crack open the DLC and remaining side missions and just pretend I'm playing SO2.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty awesome. Insomniac is great and so is Sunset Overdrive. More people should get the chance to play it!

Hoxworth

Banned
May 21, 2018
Too bad people get to play a game that they probably wouldn't have gotten to play otherwise. So terrible.
If they're going to put it on their storefront which is for all intents and purposes fucking unusable for a lot of people, they shouldn't have bothered. Especially when all its going to do is hurt their PC efforts in the long run because people don't want to use their shitty store so it gets low sales.

It's as if they release games and put them on a platform that no one wants to use so they can justify their laughable PC gaming support. Am I supposed to applaud them for releasing something I can't play?

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great news for PC gamers and Insomniac if this is true.

But will be a kick in the nuts for X owners if it doesn't receive a patch in conjunction.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
FUCK YES.

It's the one Xbox One game I really, really wanna play, but I dont have funds for one, so this is just wonderful news!

Hoxworth

Banned
May 21, 2018
What a shitty hatepost.
I don't see why it's a hate post. Microsoft owns Windows. There shouldn't be any reason for enthusiast level PC gamers to buy an Xbox.

That being said, Microsoft needs to separate their PC gaming efforts from their god awful store. It isn't hyperbole. I'd rather not have their games on PC if they're going to sell like shit and those low sales numbers are going to be used to justify a lack of support in the future.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even though I already own this digitally on xbox and stand to benefit from play anywhere, hopefully it comes to Steam so everyone else can get the game if they wish.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Great news. One of the best games of this generation, so glad more people will be able to play it. Humour is amazing too.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
top 5 game of the generation for sure. So glad more people will play it, + this game at 4k/60 will be fucking GLORIOUS.

Hoping for an x patch. 1080/60 and CB4k/30.

In all seriousness, I mean, this HAS to mean SO2 is being greenlit, right?!?!

right guys

Ready2Rokk

Oct 29, 2017
If they get it on PC, you know the graphics will be updated and you know we are getting those X enhancements for X1X. But HDR would be the icing on the cake. Please be true!

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
How many "I was going to buy an xbox one for this 4 year old game too" posts can we expect?

If this is windows store with an x update....omg...imagine if we got a sunset overdrive 2 announcement at E3!?!
Already some after your reply.

These people are really funny, i mean a game released 3+ years ago, and it's one of GwG game in sometime ago, and it's in XGP currently, yet they still say "i was planning to buy XB1 for this game"? you can enjoy the game once it's on PC, but please, stop pretending you ever planning to buy XB1.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
The story sucks but I had such an absolute blast with this game on the Xbox One. Super fun gameplay and one of my favorites this gen. It deserves a bigger audience.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have an Xbone but always liked the art style of Sunset Overdrive. So I'm pretty happy to hear that we might get a PC port!

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
If they're going to put it on their storefront which is for all intents and purposes fucking unusable for a lot of people, they shouldn't have bothered. Especially when all its going to do is hurt their PC efforts in the long run because people don't want to use their shitty store so it gets low sales.

It's as if they release games and put them on a platform that no one wants to use so they can justify their laughable PC gaming support. Am I supposed to applaud them for releasing something I can't play?

I'm sorry to hear your Microsoft Store is broken. Have you contacted Microsoft support? I've been playing Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Super Lucky's Tale and more without many problems. What are the problems you have?

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
YES!

If it's selflf punlished it probably won't be on gamepass sadly, but it should be on Steam at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.