• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff, more people need to play this. Also hoping for X enhancements and New Game +.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
The know it's highly unlikely but I wonder if there the possibility of it being Play Anywhere of you own the Xbox copy digitally.

Only if it launches on the Microsoft Store though I guess.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this is real, i remember trying it when it came out but it just got lost in my backlog and eventually sold. I was talking to a friend recently about how I would want this on PC to give it another shot.

Guess we will know in a few weeks

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'VE BEEN WAITING YEEEAAARRSSS FOR THIS!!!!! I remember checking, daily, Google to see if there was ever going to be a PC port. OMG YES!

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
The resolution on XB1 is still why I sit on my copy unplayed to this day. Hope this, or an X update, happens.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Today, the only way to fix their store is to separate the store from Windows. Is so internally linked with so many errors and bad decisions that there is no way to update one without breaking the other.
That's not happening. The whole point of the Windows Store is to deeply integrate it into the OS.
The store is garbage, they continually release games on their store as exclusives knowing people hate their store, people don't buy them...
Games on the Windows Store seem to be doing pretty fine, actually.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I got all 1925/1925 gamerscore, and a Windows store version would have a unified achievement list and saves...and I'd still double dip, despite some of the game content being time-relevant. This game had more heart in its little finger than the competing console would for the first few years of its existence.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
I'd put up with the Windows Store for this. Easily my most-wanted exclusive pre-Play Anywhere.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
This would literally be what makes me go BootCamp on my Mac.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Games on the Windows Store seem to be doing pretty fine, actually.

Source?

We know that Sea of Thieves was played by 283,000 people on PC. But this number includes Xbox gamers using Play Anywhere and people playing the game using the free 14-day Game Pass trial, so the actual number of sales is (much) lower (probably 100k-200k range).

Since Greenberg himself said that Sea of Thieves is the best selling game on the Windows Store, this means that all other WinStore games sold even worse. I don't think this is "fine" on a platform with more than 70 million MAU's. Cuphead for example sold over a million copies on Steam.

Last but not least, it's also a fact that the online community for Windows Store games without cross-play is dead within weeks, including the long awaited Age of Empires DE.

So unless you have sources I don't know about, you're spreading nonsense here.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it gets grandfathered into Xbox Play Anywhere but if it doesnt, i hope they at least do an X update now that a PC version is coming.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Nice. I've wanted to play this but never get very far due to the muddy look of the game.

Hopefully this comes with an X1X update so I don't have to double dip on PC to get 4K. But if I have to I probably will.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last but not least, it's also a fact that the online community for Windows Store games without cross-play is dead within weeks, including the long awaited Age of Empires DE.
That's a bad argument because there are heaps of games that sell very well on Steam yet have effectively dead online communities. Also, I wouldn't call Age of Empires DE a particularly "long awaited" game. It was a more "Why are they even remaking this instead of AoE2" game.

Do you have anything to indicate State of Decay 2 isn't doing well on the Windows Store, for instance? All indications from where I sit seem positive. The game's reviews are largely positive on the store, and the game has 10,000+ reviews already. Oh, I'm sure the game is selling better on Xbox, but that's normal. We can't easily separate Windows and Xbox anymore, but we're not seeing a flood of people having technical issues with the store, are we? It's a far, far cry from the disaster that was AoE a few months back.

Sea of Thieves was the icebreaker that demonstrates the Windows Store was ready for prime time.

But this number includes Xbox gamers using Play Anywhere and people playing the game using the free 14-day Game Pass trial, so the actual number of sales is (much) lower (probably 150k-250k range).
That's... not really an issue, though? Microsoft are pushing people towards Game Pass for a reason, y'know. A huge benefit for them is that people using a 14 day trial are being weaned onto the Windows Store. These people become that person who chimes in to say they didn't experience any issues with the store, and stuff like that.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
YES YES YES!

Also to those complaining about Xbox losing an exclusive, wouldn't you rather see a sequel to SSO? PC sales increases those chances.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Yes!

Hopefully it won't be a shit port... Between Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3, I don't think I can take anymore Windows Store nonsense.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Nooooooooooo

This is my favorite XboxOne exclusive game....

Nooooooooooo PC version

I agree, better to let the game wallow in obscurity next to other titles such as Brute Force and Too Human than to introduce it to a larger audience in the hopes that one day the franchise might be given a second chance at life.

Seriously tho, if it does come to the Windows Store, it would be cool if some sort of cross buy was implemented, since I bought it already on the X1, but I would probably double dip again anyway if not just to put in the support for Insomniac.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
YES YES YES!

Also to those complaining about Xbox losing an exclusive, wouldn't you rather see a sequel to SSO? PC sales increases those chances.

They could have made a sequel any moment they wanted, with any publisher they wanted. Low sales were the reason microsoft specifically didnt make a sequel, but any other publisher could have picked up SO2 if there was enough interest. There wasn't.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The more people that get to play this great game from a great developer the better, Sunset Overdrive still remains one of my favourite games this generation. Having played this fully makes me even more excited for Spider-Man come September.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Always wanted to try this and hated that it was an exclusive, yay!

Oct 25, 2017
Still the best xbox one exclusive to date imo. Hopefully it makes it to steam and isn't locked to the MS store. If so, will be insta bought.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Game deserves a 2nd chance for sure. Looks fucking horrible on the original Xbox, it will look glorious at 60fps 4K

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
The amount of people upset that microsoft would DARE to sell their published game on their store is baffling
I want it to be play anywhere, so i want it on w10 store as well. Arrest me!

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The game's reviews are largely positive on the store, and the game has 10,000+ reviews already.

That figure includes those who've rated the game on X1. Microsoft began unifying the Xbox Store and Windows Store with the 2016 Summer Update and completed that process last September.

It's practically impossible to say how well the WinStore is doing outside of drawing conclusions from the multiplayer userbases of titles that don't support Play Anywhere as it's the only data that isn't obfuscated in some way. Whether those inferences are accurate, who knows.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game deserves a 2nd chance for sure. Looks fucking horrible on the original Xbox, it will look glorious at 60fps 4K

It doesn't. Stop it.

The amount of people upset that microsoft would DARE to sell their published game on their store is baffling
I want it to be play anywhere, so i want it on w10 store as well. Arrest me!

The thing is, they can release it both on the windows store (so that those who want 'play anywhere' can get it) and on other well established storefronts on the PC. Plenty of other publishers do this and have success from it.

If Microsoft were really as "pro-consumer" as some people like to trumpet they are then that's precisely what they would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.