• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
i think i'd only really care about this game on pc if it had full modding tools. but for that to happen it would also have to be available on the xbox one, otherwise it would be unfair. thats not even mentioning that modding on pc is one of the most dangerous things you can do.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
One of the most underrated action games. Hope they give ResetEra a shout out for the port. They need to cut out the old one.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i think i'd only really care about this game on pc if it had full modding tools. but for that to happen it would also have to be available on the xbox one, otherwise it would be unfair. thats not even mentioning that modding on pc is one of the most dangerous things you can do.

Hey, how you doing Phil?

Did you get that keylogger I slipped into your ENB mod for Skyrim?

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck yes. Please be real and please mean a One X patch is coming. I'll put another 50 hours into the game if so.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this will be a Play Anywhere title if its a Windows Store game
Would be nice to not have to rebuy it

Opium

Oct 30, 2017
Nooooooooooo

This is my favorite XboxOne exclusive game....

Nooooooooooo PC version

iBr1T5B.gif

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
"Dumb." "People shouldn't think this." Easy there, tiger.

900p doesn't look good. A game not looking good is a perfectly fair reason to not play a game.

game looks good though. in fact thats the only redeeming grace from it

The thing is, they can release it both on the windows store (so that those who want 'play anywhere' can get it) and on other well established storefronts on the PC. Plenty of other publishers do this and have success from it.

If Microsoft were really as "pro-consumer" as some people like to trumpet they are then that's precisely what they would do.

i couldnt care less if games got steam versions as well as long as play anywhere wasnt affected. its a non-issue for me. but i dont go around saying "if this title doesnt have play anywhere i'm never touching it!" either - i have a steam account and games there. its not really that hard.

the thing is, painting microsoft as "anti-consumer" for wanting people to use their store is equally dumb. at least you have the chance to play their games on pc if you really want to. can you say this about other companies?

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is probably means the game will get an X patch.

Now to keep my eyes on the ratings boards for MCC on PC

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
Hope it's real. I love Insomniac, but haven't played this game since I don't have an Xbox One. E3 and all these fun announcements couldn't come sooner!

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
That's a bad argument because there are heaps of games that sell very well on Steam yet have effectively dead online communities

It is a good argument if EVERY game in a certain store/ecosystem is dead within weeks imo. ;)

Do you have anything to indicate State of Decay 2 isn't doing well on the Windows Store, for instance? All indications from where I sit seem positive. The game's reviews are largely positive on the store, and the game has 10,000+ reviews already.

These 10,000+ reviews are from Xbox One users as well. :)

But anyway, the number of reviews can't tell us how many copies a game sells. Also, one of the reviews says "the game kept asking me to rate it on the store like a garbage mobile app does!", so the number of people rating WinStore games may differ from other game stores on PC that don't use this annoying practice.

We can't easily separate Windows and Xbox anymore, but we're not seeing a flood of people having technical issues with the store, are we?

The issues people are having with the Windows Store aren't only of a technical nature.

That's... not really an issue, though?

No of course not. But considering the reputation of the developer, the hype around the game (streamers etc) and the fact that you can play it for free for 14 days, the number of players isn't really good on PC. I am aware that Microsoft is playing the long game here, but they've created a rather negative mindshare among PC gamers so far.

Last edited:

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't about artstyle, which I agree looks good. This is tech related and no, it doesn't. If it did I would've played my copy for more than an hour 4 years ago. Not sure why there's a defense force for sub-1080p resolution all of a sudden. I'm looking forward to finally playing the game in the resolution it deserves. I don't care if it's on the X or the PC, just give it to me.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this is true, everyone needs to play this game. So damn good.

A 60fps One X patch would be amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't about artstyle, which I agree looks good. This is tech related and no, it doesn't. If it did I would've played my copy for more than an hour 4 years ago. Not sure why there's a defense force for sub-1080p resolution all of a sudden. I'm looking forward to finally playing the game in the resolution it deserves. I don't care if it's on the X or the PC, just give it to me.

Because games don't become unplayable at sub-1080p resolution. How did you play video games on SD screens?

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
Huh. I wonder how much work has been/will be done on the PC version? I would totally play through the game again with a higher frame rate - especially if there's an active multiplayer community. Multiplayer in that game was surprisingly fun.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017

trust me, there's no game i care less to defend than sunset overdrive. i'm just saying that a game which looks good (good, not great) doesnt look FUCKING HORRIBLE like it was mentioned the last page. can i look better? of course it can, but saying the thing that stopped you from playing it before when you were interested is because it looked like fucking Top Banana without being 4k is weird at least. but you do you.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
trust me, there's no game i care less to defend than sunset overdrive. i'm just saying that a game which looks good (good, not great) doesnt look FUCKING HORRIBLE like it was mentioned the last page. can i look better? of course it can, but saying the thing that stopped you from playing it before when you was interested is because it looked like fucking Top Banana without being 4k is weird at least. but you do you.

The game looks bad, it looks muddy, that's what stopped me from getting more than an hour into it. The IQ is terrible, and with a patch or PC version, I will finally play it.

Now 900p resolution alone is not the only factor. Crytech managed to make Ryse look pretty damned clean at launch at 900p. Still impressive to this day.

Sunset overdrive looks muddy as fuck though. Hopefully it gets patched or a PC version so I can finally play it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This post makes no sense.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Because games don't become unplayable at sub-1080p resolution. How did you play video games on SD screens?
By that logic why not keep playing at 480p, games are still perfectly playable? This isn't the past anymore. For me games need to hit at least 1080p, that's my preference. I don't get why it bothers you so much. I'm excited here that this game could be getting a rez boost, and you're trying to get me down lol.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

i couldnt care less if games got steam versions as well as long as play anywhere wasnt affected. its a non-issue for me. but i dont go around saying "if this title doesnt have play anywhere i'm never touching it!" either - i have a steam account and games there. its not really that hard.

the thing is, painting microsoft as "anti-consumer" for wanting people to use their store is equally dumb. at least you have the chance to play their games on pc if you really want to. can you say this about other companies?

I never said they were anti-consumer. Anti-consumer is a word that gets thrown around far too much here lately.

At the end of the day, as with any publisher, it's their game and they are well within their rights to distribute it in as many (or as little) places they wish. There is no denying however that it would be better for us as consumers if they were to distribute their games everywhere on the PC and therefore it would give us a choice as to where we wish to purchase their games from.

If you buy it on the Microsoft store you get play anywhere, if you buy it elsewhere then you don't. It should be that simple. It gives consumers choice and there's a nice perk for those who wish to buy it directly from their store.

so, when a company wants people to use their service instead of providing multiple options ( like releasing the game on Steam, for ex) is not anti-consumer, right ?

It's not. The truth is it's neutral in that scenario, it's neither pro nor anti.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
ALL of you motherfuckers better buy this game and make Sunet Overdrive 2 happen!

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
H&M not selling their clothes on Zara is anti consumer?
That's an interesing way of answering the question with another question :)
No, it's not anti-consumer, i asked because nowadays some people use this term wrong and for them even exclusives (games that are not available on other platforms) are anti-consumer, which is wrong in my opinion.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge

Shari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not. The truth is it's neutral in that scenario, it's neither pro nor anti.

I disagree.

Anti-consumer: not favorable to consumers : improperly favoring the interests of businesses over the interests of consumers anti-consumer practices.

So it IS anticonsumer, but so are most of the decisions to maximize revenue.

It's not that the word is thrown around a lot, is that most companies are anti consumer by trying to maximize the revenue, which is what companies do.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They don't own the IP. It's like Alan Wake where the developer owns the property but Microsoft has publishing rights for that first title.
Insomniac owns the IP. That's the reason they went with Microsoft as the publisher because they'd let them keep the IP.

We own the Sunset Overdrive IP. But the original game is Xbox One exclusive
https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/983793903244525569

Ah okay. Thank you both for the correction.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
While I think the humor in this game wears really thin the more it goes one, I really did enjoy the mobility of it. Hope that this leads to a sequel that refines a lot of the mechanics.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I disagree.

Anti-consumer: not favorable to consumers : improperly favoring the interests of businesses over the interests of consumers anti-consumer practices.

So it IS anticonsumer, but so are most of the decisions to maximize revenue.

It's not that the word is thrown around a lot, is that most companies are anti consumer by trying to maximize the revenue, which is what companies do.

Thats a silly way of looking at things because the very core of capitalism would be "anti-consumer". It's not "most companies", it's "all companies".

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Double dip time?
Double dip time. Needs all the support it can get since we don't get a lot of 4th wall breaking games.

Not to mention the grinding/shooting felt awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.