• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoxworth

Banned
May 21, 2018
I'm sorry to hear your Microsoft Store is broken. Have you contacted Microsoft support? I've been playing Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Super Lucky's Tale and more without many problems. What are the problems you have?
It's been broken since Windows 8 and they show no signs of fixing it. Can't download things I own, buttons are unresponsive, doubled installation sizes so 50GB games take up 100GB of space, assuming I can download and play these games, they're unusable after a reformat. There was a thread on Era about it on the front page last night, these problems are widespread, only reason people don't hear more about it is because the PC gaming community has come to the consensus that the Windows Store is garbage.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
If this presumably comes to the Microsoft Store, I wonder if me already owning it digitally means I get it on PC as well.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
It's been broken since Windows 8 and they show no signs of fixing it. Can't download things I own, buttons are unresponsive, doubled installation sizes so 50GB games take up 100GB of space, assuming I can download and play these games, they're unusable after a reformat. There was a thread on Era about it on the front page last night, these problems are widespread, only reason people don't hear more about it is because the PC gaming community has come to the consensus that the Windows Store is garbage.

And you are running the latest version of Windows 10? Because I know there are multiple problems with the Microsoft Store, but having all these issues at once seems like a corrupted Windows version to me. It doesn't sound right.

Me and my friends played Sea of Thieves on pc (and one on Xbox, hurray for crossplay) and 7 people downloaded the game without many problems. And after downloading the game ran flawlessly.

Hope you'll have better luck soon!

If this presumably comes to the Microsoft Store, I wonder if me already owning it digitally means I get it on PC as well.

If they release it as a play anywhere title; yes you'll have them both without any additional cost.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry to hear your Microsoft Store is broken. Have you contacted Microsoft support? I've been playing Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Super Lucky's Tale and more without many problems. What are the problems you have?

You're talking as if the store being broken for him is an isolated incident or something. The multiple issues people have had with it are well documented at this point.

People don't want to have to contact support or jump through hoops to get basic storefront functionality working, especially when the alternatives on the platform work without a hitch (while offering far more functionality and flexibility).

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
You're talking as if the store being broken for him is an isolated incident or something. The multiple issues people have had with it are well documented at this point.

People don't want to have to contact support or jump through hoops to get basic storefront functionality working, especially when the alternatives on the platform work without a hitch (while offering far more functionality and flexibility).

Oh, I'm aware that many people are having problems. But the store has improved greatly the last couple of months and most people are downloading and playing MS Store games without much trouble. So I was interested to hear if he had contacted support and what kind of issues he was facing.

Let's not pretend the Microsoft Store is great by the way, it still sucks.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping it's W10 store exclusive for the shits and giggles lol

Great game though, buy it PC gamers If it comes :)

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nooooooooooo

This is my favorite XboxOne exclusive game....

Nooooooooooo PC version

Does this all of the sudden make the game worse on your Xbox One?

Do you actually feel bad when more people can play your favorite game? This is something I can't possibly understand...

It happens all too frequently and it still boggles my mind. To me all third party should be widely available, that's why they are third party. However this game sounds like a second party title where Microsoft helped fund the project so it makes sense to make it Windows platform exclusive.

Hoxworth

Banned
May 21, 2018
And you are running the latest version of Windows 10? Because I know there are multiple problems with the Microsoft Store, but having all these issues at once seems like a corrupted Windows version to me. It doesn't sound right.

Me and my friends played Sea of Thieves on pc (and one on Xbox, hurray for crossplay) and 7 people downloaded the game without many problems. And after downloading the game ran flawlessly.

Hope you'll have better luck soon!

Yeah latest version. It's been going on since Windows 8 on multiple PCs with all sorts of hardware combinations, SSDs, mechanical drives, Intel CPUs, AMD CPUs, Nvidia GPUs, AMD GPUs, multiple versions (Windows 10 release/anniversary/many of the major releases, 64-bit Pro Edition/Enterprise Edition).

I've had some luck on some machines but it seems to either work or it doesn't no matter what people do. Even if it does work on one machine, it'll be a gamble on whether my games will work on another once I reformat/rebuild or update to the latest major update of Windows which release twice a year. It's just not a good investment.

Assuming they ever fix it, which I doubt since it's been a problem for so long, will anyone even care? People have already been burned.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I'm aware that many people are having problems. But the store has improved greatly the last couple of months and most people are downloading and playing MS Store games without much trouble. So I was interested to hear if he had contacted support and what kind of issues he was facing.

Let's not pretend the Microsoft Store is great by the way, it still sucks.

I wouldn't even waste my time contacting support (nor would I advise anyone else to) .

This exchange:

"Hello sir, how may I help you today?"

"Hi, er I just bought a game off your store and can't seem to download it"

Should not be happening in 2018.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man that would be amazing. And funny enough just when I bought an X to replay RDR (cause I love wasting money). I probably would've replayed this too (had an original xbox one that I got rid of some time ago).

Just hope they can give us higher FPS and resolution support.

Nov 12, 2017
If they're going to put it on their storefront which is for all intents and purposes fucking unusable for a lot of people, they shouldn't have bothered. Especially when all its going to do is hurt their PC efforts in the long run because people don't want to use their shitty store so it gets low sales.

It's as if they release games and put them on a platform that no one wants to use so they can justify their laughable PC gaming support. Am I supposed to applaud them for releasing something I can't play?

You want Ms improving the store or giving up on gaming ?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah latest version. It's been going on since Windows 8 on multiple PCs with all sorts of hardware combinations, SSDs, mechanical drives, Intel CPUs, AMD CPUs, Nvidia GPUs, AMD GPUs, multiple versions (Windows 10 release/anniversary/many of the major releases, 64-bit Pro Edition/Enterprise Edition).

I've had some luck on some machines but it seems to either work or it doesn't no matter what people do. Even if it does work on one machine, it'll be a gamble on whether my games will work on another once I reformat/rebuild or update to the latest major update of Windows which release twice a year. It's just not a good investment.

Assuming they ever fix it, which I doubt since it's been a problem for so long, will anyone even care? People have already been burned.

Weird. The people I know must be lucky I guess. There is someone on this forum (forgot his username) who works at the MS Store team, maybe you could get in contact with him. It would also help other people if they fix these issues.

I wouldn't even waste my time contacting support (nor would I advise anyone else to) .

This exchange:

"Hello sir, how may I help you today?"

"Hi, er I just bought a game off your store and can't seem to download it"

Should not be happening in 2018.

I agree. But it is happening.. ;)

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

That sounds pretty bad. You haven't been able to get the store working since Windows 8? You should pm SpartyCrunch who works on the store. I've definitely heard of people having issues but nothing this severe for this long.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I might be interested, but only on Steam, for the better controller usability.

Hoxworth

Banned
May 21, 2018
I'm just saying it's an unfortunate self-fulfilling inevitability and some great games and solid PC ports are suffering because people are so put off by the way they acquire these games (not to mention the limitations of the UWP platform which is a whole different set of issues for people). The store is garbage, they continually release games on their store as exclusives knowing people hate their store, people don't buy them, it'll be argued in the board room meetings to stop supporting PC gaming efforts because we're not buying them despite their Steam releases doing really well. Does harm in the long run. How much longer are they going to push this Play Anywhere initiative when people aren't really buying them?

Also it sucks that any discourse on the subject is brushed off as Steam fan boyism and "it's just a store who cares" by people who haven't experienced issues or aren't PC gamers themselves.

Last edited:

Agent Ottsel

Oct 26, 2017
Excellent news! Day 1 if true. My university had this game and I got to play about 2/3 of it. I was absolutely loving it, but someone either lost it or stole it. Can't wait to play it again and finish it this time!

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017

Option 3:

To use already stablished and working platforms to sell their games.

Today, the only way to fix their store is to separate the store from Windows. Is so internally linked with so many errors and bad decisions that there is no way to update one without breaking the other.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get the store to work
Why don't you try this fix and see if---
NO! There's no point it's broken!

infallible logic in this thread.

Ultranist

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Warned: System Warring.
More people will enjoy this game which is a good thing.
Take a closer look $ony.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
That's nice. There's really no reason MS shouldn't make full use of PC hardware base to make these games shine. Afair SO could really benefit from some additional GPU/CPU power so let's hope for a quality port.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Please be true and please be on Steam. All I ever misssed in Sunset was 60fps and a PC version should take care of that complaint.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Great news if true. More people get to play this classic and it may keep the ip alive for a sequel (one day)

Status
Not open for further replies.