• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like they're trying to have a contest on who can say the most edgy thing lately

Frozencool

Oct 26, 2017
I feel bad for Woolie.
Personally, Parasite Eve, Goemon, and DMCV have been the only LPs of his that I've really enjoyed thus far. Woolie works hard and I know he deserves success, but he's honestly worse than Pat to me when he doesn't have anyone to work off of. I think it's that whenever Pat is being a shit, I tend to understand that he's really playing it up, because he's consistently a shit. In Woolie's case though, it's really hard and he comes off as frustratingly dismissive, like how he actually yawns whenever Pat talks about MMOs or how especially when it comes to fighting game opinions he's basically thrown up his hands and comes off as "Well they'll just never be more popular and it's okay because everyone else is dumb".

On the other hand, I've been sorta iffy on Matt's channel at first but more and more I can see how Boss Man's direction was probably a much better direction for the channel overall if they had all stuck together. The Sonic 06 and Clock Tower 3 LPs are just... solid gold. It's like they never stopped. I've also been enjoying the variety he now has between the LPs, Wha Happun, and the Fashion Report.

It feels like Matt's channel is slowly growing organically into something new, whereas Woolie is providing a bunch of the SBFP content people have been craving, but it lacks the same creative passion that Matt puts into his work.

Oct 3, 2019
Ive fallen off almost all SBF content except the podcast since the split. I've kept up with Woolie the most but I started to realize how much our tastes differ as I have zero interest in fighting games, and the way he sometimes treats Minh is really offputting to me regardless of how much of it is a bit.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Ive fallen off almost all SBF content except the podcast since the split. I've kept up with Woolie the most but I started to realize how much our tastes differ as I have zero interest in fighting games, and the way he sometimes treats Minh is really offputting to me regardless of how much of it is a bit.
I thought i was gonna fall of hard aswell but got lucky with how things turned out
Tastes align with Woolie and i like fighting games the most plus he does long LP types
Matt does his different shows all interesting and one-off stuff that don't require time. CrymeTina is the best
Pat i treat how i treat every other full-time streamer i watch because it's who he is.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Classic Matt and Woolie hype I came across while doing brawler research

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I'm not sure if I'm enjoying this LP or the sonic 06 LP more

probably this on because the other option is sonic 06

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
22-ginger33.jpg

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
I still like Pat's content whenever I watch it, I just have no patience for listening to hours-long archives of games. I prefer when he and Paige are together because I always think it's best when videos are made with a solid tag-team where people play off each other but still are enjoying the game at the center of things. But yeah, Woolie's channel is consistently kind of a bummer, and it almost feels like he doesn't want to be there a lot of the time. Like, Woolie kind of makes a lot of videos that feels like he's only doing because he has to, since anything he tends to have true passion for kind of bombs, views-wise.

Matt's channel has been superb though, I kind of slept on how much he really has grown into his channel. I think it's probably just due to enough time passing by now, but most of his content, particularly his LPs with Liam, just feel comfortable. Like, I find myself looking forward to and enjoying the CT3 LP as much as I did any of their others, it's weird to experience after so long.

Again I just find myself thinking it's a shame that Woolie and Pat don't do things together more, but Woolie is too insistent on trying to do his own thing and Pat is too much of a hermit to be forced to regularly leave the house anymore, at this point - it feels like he can barely make it to the podcast and live an even semi-recognizable daily schedule anymore - and Pat's doing way better than Woolie is off his work anyway, so there's really no incentive there. But I do wonder how differently things might've been if Woolie and Pat had decided to continue doing regular content together.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I have a question for the podcast hardcores- Does anyone remember this obscure segment in an obscure podcast episode where one of the guys mentioned they had a friend who said something along the lines of

"The three 'B' companies are the only ones that I will always trust- Bethesda, Bioware and Blizzard."

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question for the podcast hardcores- Does anyone remember this obscure segment in an obscure podcast episode where one of the guys mentioned they had a friend who said something along the lines of

"The three 'B' companies are the only ones that I will always trust- Bethesda, Bioware and Blizzard."
Is this it?

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
I still like Pat's content whenever I watch it, I just have no patience for listening to hours-long archives of games. I prefer when he and Paige are together because I always think it's best when videos are made with a solid tag-team where people play off each other but still are enjoying the game at the center of things.
Honestly, I feel like Pat and Paige work so well on stream because you're waiting for each stream to turn into an oddly adorable/hilarious trainwreck when Paige reaches some point where her ability to progress disintegrates in some odd and unpredictable way, with old couple bickering along the way.
But yeah, Woolie's channel is consistently kind of a bummer, and it almost feels like he doesn't want to be there a lot of the time. Like, Woolie kind of makes a lot of videos that feels like he's only doing because he has to, since anything he tends to have true passion for kind of bombs, views-wise.
Considering Woolie's professed gaming habits and his desire for a steady stream of content on his channel, it's not surprising that Woolie is doing that. Besides his fighting game and podcast clip stuff, his channel's bread and butter is Naruto LPing. Naturally, Woolie's not going to do that while also doing a who knows how long Platinum game LP, but guess what the Naruto game is - a narrative based game, instead of a score based game. It's exactly the kind of thing Woolie doesn't care about, when it's what the audience cares about (because people reacting to narratives provides potential for good material than simply playing through a game for score).

Also, he's not particularly interested in riding the wave of the current hotness, but he at least does multipart quick looks to cash in on it, which is better than missing out entirely.
Matt's channel has been superb though, I kind of slept on how much he really has grown into his channel. I think it's probably just due to enough time passing by now, but most of his content, particularly his LPs with Liam, just feel comfortable.
Honestly, I don't watch most of his game stuff. For whatever reason, stuff like Wha Happun works better for me - I think it's due to him being solo for most of the videos, which isn't as interesting to me. Liam is very hit or miss for me, but I'll try out the horror LP when I'm not starved for time due to work.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Speaking of, the next part of CT3 should hit today, VR with Liam drops tomorrow, and Matt just put his new Bloody Roar Retrospective on patreon, so a nice chunky weekend.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here

I wanna say I liked the first 2/3rds of Condemned 2, but after the Bear House the game kinda goes in a weird direction with super powers and abilities.

IIRC the last boss fight was practically a DBZ fight where you yell at the boss.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
God, Clock Tower 3 just keeps getting goofier by the episode. There's something weirdly funny about a horror monster just saying "You might have beaten the last guy but you won't beat me" like he's a one-off Yugioh villain.

Ryan7556

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
All I saw of Clock Tower 3 prior to this was when Jim Sterling showed a bit of it in a video and it was the Corroder intro scene. What's really funny about this is after seeing that character in the LP I can't help but think that's it's a type of character he'd play.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Love that scene with the clocktower forming.

The music that started playing sounded like Simple and Clean was gonna kick in.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I was all "why the hell are you smiling, this shit is horrifying"

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to starting the newest podcast where they start talking about clowns and how clowns are a racial thing

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Woolie doing commentary on this SamSho Top 8 right now

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I just got to the part of the podcast where Pat and Woolie tell the kids to not wear condoms.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the actual streams themselves weren't locked behind a sub. Feels like I'm being punished for being in the wrong time zone.

Can't do the audio only podcasts anymore.