• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Infinite Ukemi

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I ended up dropping my subscription to the podcast because of Woolie's reaction to people yelling "Free Hong Kong!" in the chat... I really looked up to the dude because of how they he conducted himself when the guys were accused of falling for "Sarkeesian feminism" - and it was honsetly one of the biggest reasons why I ended up not falling for any of that Gamer Gate garbage when I was a kid.

Am I overreacting or was that the right call? I just felt uncomfortable at that moment, but then again I guess someone was gonna be either way...

Edit: Yup. A big dumb was detected, it was me.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I ended up dropping my subscription to the podcast because of Woolie's reaction to people yelling "Free Hong Kong!" in the chat... I really looked up to the dude because of how they he conducted himself when the guys were accused of falling for "Sarkeesian feminism" - and it was honsetly one of the biggest reasons why I ended up not falling for any of that Gamer Gate garbage when I was a kid.

Am I overreacting or was that the right call? I just felt uncomfortable at that moment, but then again I guess someone was gonna be either way...

I had a similar reaction and I think Woolie was doing a bit that sounded way too serious. They make a Hong Kong joke later and in the shownotes they do talk about the Blizzard stuff.

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland

It was a bit. Woolie and Pat were doing a bit at the start of the stream, Woolie was being less obvious about it than Pat. You were overreacting. They actually get into the discussion at roughly 2h24min in the podcast

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hahaha the Clock Tower 3 encounter theme popped up on my reccomended videos.

Matt should make that his theme song.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone else's thumbnail for the podcast on iOS change back to the previous SBF one (minus Liam)?

Almost got my hopes up at a potential rollback and reunion.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else's thumbnail for the podcast on iOS change back to the previous SBF one (minus Liam)?

Almost got my hopes up at a potential rollback and reunion.

i feel like SBF is one of the very very few things where if they said "haha psych we've just been pranking you for like a year we're all still best buds" I would be like YAAAAAS WE FORGIVE YOU KING and weep unashamedly with joy

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Pat and Woolie are owned by RoosterTeeth now. They aren't allowed to have additional friends due to their contract

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So what's up with Indivisible? The subreddit was hyping it to hell and back but people seem a bit down on it. I thought the main draw for people was the art-style and character design, were they not up to scratch?

Deleted member 26293

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Youtube keeps recommending me Shitstorm videos, fuck off algorithm :(

So what's up with Indivisible? The subreddit was hyping it to hell and back but people seem a bit down on it. I thought the main draw for people was the art-style and character design, were they not up to scratch?

I think the main issue people have with it is that it's extremely lite on RPG while people were expecting more on that front and that it gets stale after a while. I still plan to play it at some point.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
It's a pretty shallow game across the board
Yup, couldnt agree more. I'm nearly finished with the game and it's just...........ok at best?

It's an RPG platformer with fighting mechanics for people who dont like RPGs, Platformers or Fighting games.

The platforming is bang average with no challenge to it, every platforming puzzle is easily solved in one second by looking at it, and requires very little execution to complete.

The combat is horrendously shallow, to the point that once you have your party that you like, you just repeat the exact same flowchart in every single battle to clear it in one turn. Juggling is nearly pointless, sure it builds meter faster, but not at a considerable rate, and your damage usually suffers as a result. Your party auto heals back to full health after every single battle, so there's no point in bringing a healer along EVER. Your turns refill so quickly that once youve finished your attack, the enemy is lucky to get one turn in before you can do your full combo again. There's no real point to mixing up attacks at all, you may as well spend all of one characters turns, then move on to the next character, then the third, then the fourth and end with a super, repeat this in every single fight in the game, including bosses.

And the RPG side of the game is.......level up after battle. That's it, that's the whole RPG aspect of the game, no items, no magic, no equipment, no skills, nothing. Just do fights, increase health and attack.

The game is also INCREDIBLY easy after the first hour. I know Mike Z has commented on this saying theyre working on the difficulty, but fuck me, a toddler could beat this game with no trouble.

It's not a BAD game per se (aside from a myriad of bugs), it's just so bitterly disappointing.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
it's weird to hear that the combat is bad after skullgirls, which is a friggin masterclass in taking mvc2 and polishing it to a mirror sheen

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
On the plus side all of the art, character designs, and music are top notch. The characters and their interactions are also super charming and fun so that's been my main motivation to keep playing.

It's just that the game either needed way more depth to the combat (as in doubling the size of each character's move set or something like that) or it needed all of those 'fluff' rpg mechanics Woolie was glad aren't there.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Their was a reunion but Pat showed them how to properly sleep like a normal person again and it all went downhill.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
The latest VR vid with Matt and Liam gave me my first legit jumpscare of the season.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Same. Glad to get some actually spooky content from time to time. You did a good, Tecmei Koio

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I slept on the clock tower 3 lp at first, but now it's become my favorite thing in a long while. I need to go back and rewatch the first 2 parts I kind of spaced out lol

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I normally don't like October since everyone's getting in on horror related content and I'm a big wuss so I miss out on it. The Clock Tower 3 LP has been great though, on account of it replacing all its spook with ham.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Clock Tower 3 is like a perfect Lp game. It's goofy with a lot of "boo haunted house" moments, with a very constant face pacing so it never really gets boring and has weirdly high production values mixed with incredibly hammy delivery.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Clock Tower 3 is like a perfect Lp game. It's goofy with a lot of "boo haunted house" moments, with a very constant face pacing so it never really gets boring and has weirdly high production values mixed with incredibly hammy delivery.

it's giving me Eternal Darkness vibes honestly. Just a bit more goofy and with higher production values.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
woolie's latest tweet about Saved You A Click blasting Kotaku just makes me so tired, especially as someone who actually stares daily at the numbers on a news website (and ESPECIALLY coming from someone who I guarantee you is every day trying to optimise his youtube thumbnails)

Oct 25, 2017
woolie's latest tweet about Saved You A Click blasting Kotaku just makes me so tired, especially as someone who actually stares daily at the numbers on a news website (and ESPECIALLY coming from someone who I guarantee you is every day trying to optimise his youtube thumbnails)

Out or curiosity, what arr your thoughts on that stop skeletons from fighting vid?