• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did any of the guys watch the Smash reveal?

I don't imagine any of them are that hung up on it like some other folks...poor Max.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Did any of the guys watch the Smash reveal?

I don't imagine any of them are that hung up on it like some other folks...poor Max.
Liam Before: " I don't think I'd be disappointed by any pick"​

Liam 5 seconds After reveal: " You know I said I wouldn't be disappointed by any pick, but…"​

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Having seen the Smash reveal now, I have to respect how much of a cheesey shitpost it is. Like they got the VAs back to record some absolute nonsense, oh and Byleth can fly like it's DBZ now.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai's tribute. If you want him to keep killing himself working on Smash you have to give him a FE character once in a while.

I would have laughed so hard if there was more #FE rep in smash though

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Having seen the Smash reveal now, I have to respect how much of a cheesey shitpost it is. Like they got the VAs back to record some absolute nonsense, oh and Byleth can fly like it's DBZ now.
I fucking love the old FE dude just staring slackjawed at the end like "wha happun?".

Also I'm pretty sure that's Tom Kenny voicing him too.

SethSeries

Dec 16, 2018
Really felt like Woolie wasn't so much siding with that weirdo but more so trying not to shit all over a fan on this podcast, especially since he and pat were kinda in the same boat in the end. That said, man I wasn't expecting to agree with pat but here we be.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Really felt like Woolie wasn't so much siding with that weirdo but more so trying not to shit all over a fan on this podcast, especially since he and pat were kinda in the same boat in the end. That said, man I wasn't expecting to agree with pat but here we be.
Woolie literally called the email's specific rantings ridiculous near the end.

Oh good, Pat recreated his reaction to the Cat's ending live on stream.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Pat literally sounds like he is on the verge of bursting into tears upon seeing that Choese

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Pat noises will never not be a wonderful thing. When on the podcast while woolie was describing your uber eat driver eating the top of your food, pat made a new sound for "Noo."
Edit: This faux-censorship discussion on the podcast is unnerving. Pat bringing up Devotion is a really good point.

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
What fucking mirror universe did I just step into where Pat is being the reasonable one about creepy Japanese game edits and Woolie is the one sort of grasping at straws?

I feel Pat is conveniently only reasonable when it sets him up to dunk on something. He does the thing where he only engages with the dumbest version of an argument. Otherwise he basically defaults to /r kappa tier opinions.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I feel Pat is conveniently only reasonable when it sets him up to dunk on something. He does the thing where he only engages with the dumbest version of an argument. Otherwise he basically defaults to /r kappa tier opinions.
Ehhhh, I don't buy this. Pat's pretty cobsistent on certain things and the censorship debacle is actually right up his alley when it comes to what he's expressed opinions on.

And we know when pat is intentionally dunking on something. The faux censirship thing is definitely not say pat saying smash players smell.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
As I remember, when he was streaming MK11 both he and Paige thought the criticisms towards toning down the sexualisation were completely ridiculous and that they actually looked a lot better.

Chat wasn't very happy with that, or them making fun of people mad at Jax's arcade ending.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, honestly in the past Pat has usually always been consistent when it came to more "serious" stuff actually. He goes crazy when I guess he knows there's not much at stake/it's kind of silly (smash players, or just dumb game stuff in general). But he's been consistent for more pointed stuff that go outside just dumb game goofs

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
The guy who sent the email could have saved himself some embarrassment focusing on the weird changes they made to the gravure model plotline in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Watching the LP without any knowledge of the edits, all the characters seemed to act really fucking weird about Maiko's previous modeling career once that plotline kicked off, the intensity of the responses just didn't add up when it's just some tasteful casual fashion model shots. Shame from some, pervertedness from others.

Then later on in the dungeon something clicked in one of the rooms with excessive amount of pictures on the wall.

"Wait, hold on... all these photos are beach shots, what's goi- Oh, were these supposed to be gravure models!? NOW everything makes sense!"

The edit makes that good chunk of the make way less sense, and the other edits made for the western release pale in comparison, and you kinda show people how you really feel when you focus on the other minor visual edits blocking tiddy.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The guy who sent the email could have saved himself some embarrassment focusing on the weird changes they made to the gravure model plotline in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Watching the LP without any knowledge of the edits, all the characters seemed to act really fucking weird about Maiko's previous modeling career once that plotline kicked off, the intensity of the responses just didn't add up when it's just some tasteful casual fashion model shots. Shame from some, pervertedness from others.

Then later on in the dungeon something clicked in one of the rooms with excessive amount of pictures on the wall.

"Wait, hold on... all these photos are beach shots, what's goi- Oh, were these supposed to be gravure models!? NOW everything makes sense!"

The edit makes that good chunk of the make way less sense, and the other edits made for the western release pale in comparison, and you kinda show people how you really feel when you focus on the other minor visual edits blocking tiddy.

The issue is, their ability to argue this is hamstrung by the belief that these two kinds of changes are basically equivalent. Implying that one change is (relatively) ok means you're ok with ALL possible changes for any reason, so there's no hill they're not willing to die on.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
OH MAN! LOVING PAT DUNKING ON THAT WEEB, IT'S DELICIOUS!
AH, I can just imagine the twitch chat during that email, are they still streaming the podcasts? I bet there's some real salt.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhh, I don't buy this. Pat's pretty cobsistent on certain things and the censorship debacle is actually right up his alley when it comes to what he's expressed opinions on.

And we know when pat is intentionally dunking on something. The faux censirship thing is definitely not say pat saying smash players smell.

Eh, I dunno, I feel Pat in general definitely has a tendency to move the goalposts once he realizes he's losing an argument. I get that he plays it up to a degree for the podcast but still.

Woolie also doesn't like to admit when he's wrong (which is why some discussions on the podcast drag on when they get locked in a stalemate) but he's a bit more low-key about it.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
that was pure Woolie right there, but damn if I didn't think it was just some really tense neutral for a hot second too

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The salt on the subreddit over this is delicious too, I don't go there anymore (because the average SBFP/Castle Super Beast community is as good as the old site/4chan community) but I had to check it.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I hate censorship discussions and the constant need to people to defend their usually underage anime tiddies drives me up the walls. Comments complain about Pat being dismissive but at this point I would be too.

Oct 29, 2017
"Complain to the devs, I guess. But you'll look like a baby" lol, it's a worth for that already.

I hate censorship discussions and the constant need to people to defend their usually underage anime tiddies drives me up the walls. Comments complain about Pat being dismissive but at this point I would be too.
There's a whole channel on youtube that's just that, Censorship in Games or something like that, it's ridiculous.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
there's so many better avenues to get your rocks off to if you like the anime tiddy anyway. why do thems care about the video gamz

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
i don't have a spare 5 hours so could someone give me the cliff notes on this particular nontroversy?
Its in the video A.J. posted above but its basically them arguing over "self censorship" with pat for and woolie against.
there's so many better avenues to get your rocks off to if you like the anime tiddy anyway. why do thems care about the video gamz
Those anime maid character creators on steam tell me its nothing of value.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
self censorship like everything is just a matter of degrees. we self censor all the time. the moment you have second thoughts about some shit you've self censored, and probably for good reason