• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well we'll see. I really enjoyed the hype of the fight with the one dude who has a stand and dual wields.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I also think Dark Souls 3 is a HOTMESS narratively so it might color my view on LPs of the game.

But Woolie's Demon's Souls playthrough was super yikes for me so maybe I'm just a dick.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
"They all have to be third party characters right?"

I see Pat has forgotten about Pokemon getting a rep every new gen now.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really agree with Woolie's stance on censorship. I agree with Pat that whenever it comes up it's to defend some weird-ass shit like people getting upset that they aged up some sexualized teenage character or something like that, and it makes this difficult to have any kind of serious discussion about

When it comes to censoring the artistic vision, I think you just end up accepting the consequences of whatever your vision is. If your vision is a sniper in a bikini, be prepared to defend that vision to the viewers who will think it's weird for obvious reasons.

Thing is, most devs and publishers would rather not have that discussion and would rather just change it to avoid it entirely. Then you have things that should never have been up for censorship in the first place, like minorities and LGBTQ+ stuff getting cut from certain releases. I think it's a "use common sense" situation of when you should and shouldn't step in. Basically don't censor it unless they're a weirdo (the people making it, I mean)

Last edited:

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Remember when Kizuna Ai first showed up and Pat and Woolie were all "THEM ROBITS GON STEAL OUR JOBS!"

..............a virtual youtuber is in top 8 for BBTag at Evo JP

Edit: Eliminated in 7th place

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The trifecta of creepy anime defense

"It helps pedophiles with their urges so it's a net positive (I like it for the gameplay!)"

"Real girls wear skimpy clothing so why can't fictional characters, stop slut shaming"

"AHEM...it's actually ephebophilia!"

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
kinda late but YOOOO

I fucking love this game

Woolie def called no one being able to guess the next LP

Oct 29, 2017
Hope we keep getting some wild LP choices like this, love that all o them are there and don't know anything about it too.

And man, another thing is that Woolie really should not just do super long LPs together like DS and Indivisible.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I do wish Woolie was better at the game though, but he doesn't play games like this too often and it's still early goings. Hopefully his ability improves.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
spec ops was also designed kind of to play terribly in certain aspects

great game though

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The trifecta of creepy anime defense

"It helps pedophiles with their urges so it's a net positive (I like it for the gameplay!)"

"Real girls wear skimpy clothing so why can't fictional characters, stop slut shaming"

"AHEM...it's actually ephebophilia!"

You forgot "cultural imperialism/colonialism."

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you're gonna elaborate, fucking NO.

And I love Spec Ops, I beat it a second time on Suicide Mission difficulty. But what's bad is just bad.
K, I thought about it and it's been more than a half decade since I last played spec ops, so I'm just gonna defer you on this one

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
hello it me fat4all i usually take the weekends off the internet as they are my days off what has all the best friends been up too? huh, Woolie vs spec ops the line, well that should be an interesting onWWWWHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???!?

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. they're playing on normal which shouldn't pose that much of a problem anyway. I guess load times are longer on console though, so it's a bit rougher when you do die.

Spec Ops is cool and a solid pick, it's not that long and there's plenty of stuff to play off of. It helps that none of them have played it although I'm sure Woolie has a general idea of what it's about.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure it got discussed on the podcast a bit at one point or another, but I don't think they went too deeply into it if they did.

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the podcast, and its at the part where Woolie is trying to explain the game Dialect to Pat, and Pat is seemingly unwilling to understand what Woolie is saying, and it was at this moment where it dawned on me that there is no way Woolie puts up with this for much longer. It has to be an act.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So like all morning whenever I saw the Kentucky Act Zero threads I mistook it for the horror game the guys played once, Michigan Report from Hell.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the podcast, and its at the part where Woolie is trying to explain the game Dialect to Pat, and Pat is seemingly unwilling to understand what Woolie is saying, and it was at this moment where it dawned on me that there is no way Woolie puts up with this for much longer. It has to be an act.
Woolie is pretty bad at explaining himself though. Joking aside i didn't hear the podcast yet but Woolie manages to avoid the shortest answer when talking to Pat, like when he said that Cats can talk, and Woolie could not say "clearly your and my definition of talking/communicating are very different" and the problem would at least have been alleviated. Woolie has admitted to needing prep time for good responses, at least for stuff he doesn't have direct experience and discussion in. He's amazing at Naruto and bad anime rants though since he can grab those from a dusty drawer in his brain.
This could be both parties fault but i shall see how this will go in this episode of the podcast.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Pat is a wellspring of never before seen or heard statements at least to Woolie and a lot of other bewildered people that see clips of Pat laughing and don't believe a real person could laugh like that.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Spec Ops LP should be good because of how much Minh and Reggie have no idea

"TIME TO LIBERATE DUBAI" lmao

I don't listen to CSB / check Woolie's content very often, so I didn't know anything about a new LP coming, but I don't actually think it's that surprising a pick? If Woolie were to play a shooter that's not the gamepad-optimized mech-centric Titanfall I might've the guessed the anti-shooter of The Line.

Oct 25, 2017
I know mind goblins and all but Pat's RE "why was this series ever popular?" Is legit one of the stupidest things I've seen in a while.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I rewatched what Matt and Woolie did of the Kingdom Hearts LP and man it's such a bummer they couldn't close it out. Their chemistry on that LP was great and they legitimately seemed like they were having a good time.

Matt never did end up equipping scan feelsbadman

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
even better. i hope they load the main menu once in a while cos that mutha evolves

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I am curious where Woolie will stand when it comes to THAT scene

Also, I hope someone sends them these vids when it's over

Feels like he would eat this up

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched what Matt and Woolie did of the Kingdom Hearts LP and man it's such a bummer they couldn't close it out. Their chemistry on that LP was great and they legitimately seemed like they were having a good time.

Matt never did end up equipping scan feelsbadman
My favorite game ended up being the one that they didn't finish. I was so hyped for them to find out that the last boss is a stand user.

I wish Matt would finish the LP with Liam since Liam did all the KH's up to KH3 Limit Cut and would be a good copilot.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Ya it's a huge huge bummer. I wonder if Matt probably just feels awkward starting/picking up an LP from the old channel. And it's a double shame Matt and Woolie just seem to not being doing stuff together at all. The way shit played out it seems like it's just awkward all around for Woolie to bounce between Matt and Pat.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pat loves RE he's just shocked the shitty spin offs didn't sink it.

Pat loves to stick his hands in bee hives for delicious Twitter honey.

Townsocks

Oct 27, 2017
In case Woolie is planning on having kids, it's a good thing he's doing the podcast. He needs some serious practice dealing with a tiny babby person saying "I don't understand" to his poor explanations. He got REALLY impatient REALLY quickly during that Dialect talk and blamed solely it on Pat being a jerk/intentionally being dense.

As a fellow "numbers go big" and "how do you win" person, I was shaking my head pretty hard at how the conversation was going