• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Woolie only knows whats already in Area 51 because he Naruto-ran in there ages ago

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
SCP-2284 is kind of an inverse of Pat or anti-Pat. A cousin maybe?
Description: SCP-2284 is a male humanoid of Indian descent that is almost genetically identical to SCP-2148. The words "Mr. Lie, from Little Misters ® by Dr. Wondertainment" are tattooed upon SCP-2284's left bicep.

The speech of SCP-2284 exhibits a cognitohazardous effect that causes others that sense it to believe all declarations and statements made by SCP-2284 are objectively true. Direct audio recordings are subject to this effect. Questions posed by SCP-2284 exhibit no anomalous properties, nor do transcriptions of its speech. Testing has begun to determine whether this property applies to things SCP-2284 writes or types.

SCP-2284 is physically incapable of making true statements. However, it is able to communicate somewhat effectively by relying on rhetorical questions and series of questions that lead others to the desired conclusion.

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
I am amused by Woolie's description of Teppen.

"You got the 5 at the bottom, they refresh"

That's your hand Woolie. In card games that's called a hand.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Woolie knows Yamato is there, so he is definitely in on it with the military trying to talk us down.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
new Crymetina Critiques coming

King of Fighters 2006

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I don't think theres much worry financially thanks to the partnership with RT, more then anything its just sad because his vids are super solid and a lot of fun to watch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think theres much worry financially thanks to the partnership with RT, more then anything its just sad because his vids are super solid and a lot of fun to watch

I think the RT partnership is a good safety net, but I dunno if Woolie's channel will grow from it.

Pat seems to be doing ok with Twitch. He typically pulls in 1k to 2k viewers.

Woolie typically only gets around 300-700 whenever he streams.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I think RT more than anything was interested in the podcast, which still charts high every week, i imagine that's where they make the bulk of their revenue

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
also, just like with Matt, if for some reason they stop working with RT, say, after a year of so, I think both Woolie and Pat could go the Patreon route without too much trouble

Lord knows RT has a shit ton of podcasts.
yeah, they basically made a separate network just for podcasts

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
ive always wondered how profitable podcasting is

i dont think you could survive on Casper ads alone unless your podcast is massively popular

Oct 25, 2017

i dont think you could survive on Casper ads alone unless your podcast is massively popular

I don't really know. I always did find it weird Casper had ads on the podcast considering SBFs demographic is probably 18-25.

But I did notice the recent sponsor on the podcast Stichfix is a RT sponsor, so I guess they are setting them with more sponsors.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I still watch best friends vids from time to time and they are littered with ads so I am sure someone is making money off of the channel. I always assumed it was mostly a proliferation thing (like with tv) and that they had created enough content that they collected several hundred small checks per every LP ever.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017

All+those+moments+will+be+lost+in+time+like+tears+in+rain.jpg

😔

Imran

Oct 24, 2017

Depends on a lot of factors, including individual advertisers.

You definitely can't make a living just on a single podcast, unless it was just ridiculously successful.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really feel Woolies videos outside the occasional scripted one. Woolie doesn't bounce of Minh and Reggie in a way that makes me want to stick around.

Ryan7556

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
So that KFC thing actually sounds crazy, and if I heard correctly a person has to drink and eat all of that stuff in one sitting without even going to the bathroom!?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Reggie and Minh have been getting better. It's important to remember they are pretty green at lping.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon controversy bums me out. I get why people are upset but the whole discussion just ruins my mood.

I've been revisiting old LPs and holy shit XCOM 2 was amazing. That game seems impossible.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
xcom 2 ironman mode is so rewarding because careful planning leads to thrilling moments

but if you stumble bum through it you're gonna gets smashed into the fucking dirt, making for a highly enjoyable watch

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just like the odds against the player seems like overwhelming.

Like I don't even think Pat played badly...but he got fucked everytime.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cyber Sleuth isn't anything special either.

I mean the first big Digimon game that's cool but it's pretty lacking.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any other LPs that go horrible like that?

Sonic 06 is scratching that itch though.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Like I don't even think Pat played badly...but he got fucked everytime.
He played on a difficulty where A) the default Gunslinger pistol is utter fucking garbage, B) the AI's reins were slackened a bit, C) enemies' health was way higher, and D) before any mods that could help by adding tactical options were really on the scene. Any single fuck up in that kind of Ironman playthrough can lead to cascade failure, and they fucked up a few too many times.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EDF 5 is so fun, but playing it solo is such a lonely experience.

None of my RL friends are interested in it too.