• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really haven't watched anything about Sonic 06 past the old pokecapn one up to about the Sonic fight with Iblis.

I'm shocked all the stuff I had no idea about too like the Purple Shrink Gem.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The second I heard that guitar at the end of the new Sonic ep...

IT'S NOT OVER YET

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to watch some of Matt's Sonic videos but the weird editing turned me right off.
It was like trying to watch a movie with loads of scenes cut out.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It just seems bad to me. Sometimes he just seems to cut in the middle of them talking.
And why does it need edits anyway? I just want to watch them play the shit game.

sonic 06 in particular would probably have a lot of boring downtime where nothing happens

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Sonic 06 is a long, bad game where you will have to replay multiple levels because the game is broken and unforgiving with its auto-saves

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
A lot of the quick cuts arent actually cuts because Liam is snapping the camera but there were definitely cuts early on which seemed like Matt testing some new format stuff. The last few episodes have toned them down to be more like standard LP material regardless.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I guess.
I just find the heavy editing extremely distracting and hard to watch.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Let's get this ball rollin'

Also the edit reminded me of probably my favourite liam edit of all time in the old best friends lp (at the timestamp)

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
With Metal Wolf Chaos coming out next month, I'm eagerly anticipating people finding out about the white slavery trade.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
So when exactly are Pat and Woolie (and apparently Matt?) Gonna be at RTX? Got a pass to see them, since I live close by in San Antonio. Going by myself since I'm the only nerd in my circle, so I probably wouldn't have fun going all three days.

Oct 25, 2017
The Matt bit was when 'Matt from Seattle' wrote in and Pat sidestepped saying the name Matt (the chat reacted to it too). I'm trying to find the RTX thing now but cant actually find it. Maybe it was on reddit?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I do have to wonder what happened between the two to make them hate each other after working so closely for so many years.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Came expecting a thread about dogs :(
vziIGzJ.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they ever really liked each other to begin with. They were just mutual friends of Woolie.

Nah they mentioned becoming friends over the course of working together sometimes during the Silent Hill Downpour playthrough. I think its really as simple as people change and drift. There's tons of people I used to get along with that I don't anymore; not because of any specific fight/conversation, just a general growing apart.

Also I've been going through old LPs to help me get to sleep and I still stand by the The Cat Lady LP is waaaaay more fun than people give it credit for.

SethSeries

Dec 16, 2018
Yeah, even weird rumors floating around made it kinda seem like business disagreements/just fallout over 8ish years caused the breakup. I can understand doing that for 8 years, splitting up and just wanting to ignore it. Regardless of the actual reasons, a friendship/business ended after 8 years. There's always gonna be some roughness.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
He wouldn't say Liam's name either during the PSO2 announcement

Made things a little bit awkward

I'm surprised Pat is finally not talking about Liam since he's been talking about him as if they were still friends for years after Liam left, and it was genuinely insane. It sure was eye opening when someone came out and pretty much told Pat to shut the fuck up because Liam wanted nothing to do with him and yet Pat still wanted to play Warframe with him.

On topic, this Sonic 06 LP is the best LP Matt has done in years. He just sounds so happy to be playing a game with Liam.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Liam and Matt seem to be genuinely having fun with Sonic 06 and that's why it's such a goddamn good LP, things really lined up perfectly for it. I sincerely doubt there's a better Sonic 06 LP out there.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It will probably just be some new podcast extravagance with their new RT money.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
Matt tweeted tweeted he's gonna be at the Montreal Comic con this Friday and Saturday, so the likelihood of him also being at RTX at the same time had dropped imo.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm surprised Pat is finally not talking about Liam since he's been talking about him as if they were still friends for years after Liam left, and it was genuinely insane. It sure was eye opening when someone came out and pretty much told Pat to shut the fuck up because Liam wanted nothing to do with him and yet Pat still wanted to play Warframe with him.

On topic, this Sonic 06 LP is the best LP Matt has done in years. He just sounds so happy to be playing a game with Liam.
Yes. Pat is the one who came out bad in that altercation, not the weirdos throwing a shitfit because someone was being nice on twitter

QuadOpto

Nov 7, 2017
Yes. Pat is the one who came out bad in that altercation, not the weirdos throwing a shitfit because someone was being nice on twitter

This is something I always found weird, because usually whenever Pat mentioned Liam post-leave it was something favorable (like complimenting his ability to play games in one of his streams -- I think it was Undertale w/ Paige)

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth

It doesn't matter, If Liam wants nothing to do with him (which was clear from the beginning and from the tweet) Pat shouldn't be putting on an awkward charade for fans pretending everything is alright and that they're still friends. He wasn't fooling anyone which was the funniest part.