• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
wzNDlg3.png

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
One of the new illustrations for Teppen

As far as I could tell this is the first card that features characters crossing over

ECnprp4VUAIu7Nj.png

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
When your uncle brings his hot girlfriend over and you don't know where to look

EDIT:

The name of the card is "A Splendid Buffet"

Spendor.png

Last edited:

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a supercut out there of the biracial jokes like there was for final solution Wakka?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well guys my wife saw the "joke post" I made about divorcing her if the SBF got back together and now she really does want a divorce. 😐

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Text: (Yes, this is my real child)

Woolie looking at the text log of that text: "Oh so they aren't the real child, but a replacement child"

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Text: (Yes, this is my real child)

Woolie looking at the text log of that text: "Oh so they aren't the real child, but a replacement child"
You know, looking at the compiled meme video, I could see how Woolie made the mistake. If he only read the bottom line in Jeralt's bubble then he got "my child...but I'm afraid we lost her to illness"

It's still a massive mistake and really shows he needed to slow down and actually read everything.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be fair I was really confused about the relationship between Geralt and Byleth too at the beginning.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, one thing I noticed was how terrible that tutorial was at actually making the player do stuff or conveying info about how stuff worked, at least compared to XCOM 2's tutorial. Aside from the one bit where it forced Woolie to move a dude, the Three Houses tutorial just tossed text boxes with pics at him and didn't force him to apply the lessons it was trying to teach, unlike XCOM 2, where you had to move characters into specific positions, use specific attacks, etc... I haven't seen the last 2 videos yet, but I bet they also didn't do any class intro cutscenes that give you the gist of what the class is about, which is kind of important if you don't know shit.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Woolie doesn't know DBZ characters are named for food?

#FESharp thinking Oolong meant specifically a pig made me cringe

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
My opinion feels super unfair but it's hard not to think it anyway - I respect the insistence on Woolie sticking to doing his own independent thing but at the same time this being a video done with Pat would been about 100x better in basically every way, and I can kinda say that about a lot of things Woolie does. There's a reason why their old LPs had the usual standard rule "one person is at least somewhat informed on this/has beat it, while the other one hasn't" and whenever that rule is strayed from the video usually drags or kinda just sucks. Obviously I can't place blame at any person's feet in particular since, hey, Pat is by far doing the best for himself and has a busy streaming schedule with him, Paige, and the podcast, so maybe he wouldn't have wanted to do it anyway, but I just feel like by far the best stuff the four of them have done since the breakup has been one collab or another. Even with Pat I only tend to watch him when paired with Paige.

I also saw a point mentioned elsewhere that also puzzles me - what is Woolie's strategy, for lack of a better word, with his channel, exactly? Waiting a month before playing this game at this point was a nightmare decision, it basically ensures every single person in the audience that cares has already played it and the more enthusiastic fans have had the time to blow through the game multiple times by now. There's no way this is a win if you're coming at it so uninformed with no guidance at all. I get that their brand has often been to just wing it but sometimes you really shouldn't. It really feels like Woolie's channel has struggled to get attention because of repeated examples like this. He is so, so bad with just mentally checking out if he's not 100% into something.

Like, looking back on it, Woolie's rant during the podcast about Titanfall 3 when Apex Legends was blowing up kind of shows that he's just genuinely not into chasing new things, doesn't like what most people like, and prefers to just quietly do his own thing. He's not big on change once he's in his ways and teaching him new concepts isn't very easy because he's usually not all that willing. So a video like this where he's effectively dragged into doing something on a recent popular game is sure to bomb horrifically. He's basically trying to do a channel where he gives almost no one what they want because that's not his thing.

Last edited:

SethSeries

Dec 16, 2018
I get that video is bad but making a compilation, tweeting it at him and asking a response is high key mad shitty.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
My opinion feels super unfair but it's hard not to think it anyway - I respect the insistence on Woolie sticking to doing his own independent thing but at the same time this being a video done with Pat would been about 100x better in basically every way, and I can kinda say that about a lot of things Woolie does. There's a reason why their old LPs had the usual standard rule "one person is at least somewhat informed on this/has beat it, while the other one hasn't" and whenever that rule is strayed from the video usually drags or kinda just sucks. Obviously I can't place blame at any person's feet in particular since, hey, Pat is by far doing the best for himself and has a busy streaming schedule with him, Paige, and the podcast, so maybe he wouldn't have wanted to do it anyway, but I just feel like by far the best stuff the four of them have done since the breakup has been one collab or another. Even with Pat I only tend to watch him when paired with Paige.

I also saw a point mentioned elsewhere that also puzzles me - what is Woolie's strategy, for lack of a better word, with his channel, exactly? Waiting a month before playing this game at this point was a nightmare decision, it basically ensures every single person in the audience that cares has already played it and the more enthusiastic fans have had the time to blow through the game multiple times by now. There's no way this is a win if you're coming at it so uninformed with no guidance at all. I get that their brand has often been to just wing it but sometimes you really shouldn't. It really feels like Woolie's channel has struggled to get attention because of repeated examples like this. He is so, so bad with just mentally checking out if he's not 100% into something.
Yeah I feel like if Woolie had done the video with Pat would have been better. Those two also have great chemistry on an LP.

Also it seems like a problem when the podcast moments Woolie posts have higher views than his LPs.

Oct 25, 2017

Like, looking back on it, Woolie's rant during the podcast about Titanfall 3 when Apex Legends was blowing up kind of shows that he's just genuinely not into chasing new things, doesn't like what most people like, and prefers to just quietly do his own thing. He's not big on change once he's in his ways and teaching him new concepts isn't very easy because he's usually not all that willing. So a video like this where he's effectively dragged into doing something on a recent popular game is sure to bomb horrifically. He's basically trying to do a channel where he gives almost no one what they want because that's not his thing.

I've basically fell off non-podcast content too. And even then if I don't catch the podcast live I don't go out my way to catch up.

In a weird way they've basically become fully Flanderized versions of themselves. The podcast can be really exhausting when Woolie won't engage, show interest or even understand something unless he can contextualise it in fighting game terms. It's beyond parody.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i mean, being honest, at this juncture i'm basically fully outside their content wheelhouse, which blows. But what are you gonna do. Life changes.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Also it seems like a problem when the podcast moments Woolie posts have higher views than his LPs.
Aside from 3rd Birthday, none of his LPs have really had the pop of his Naruto LP, and I think that's probably because those two LPs were based around seeing Woolie's reaction to things that he's heard of, but never seen. Everything else is him doing games people probably already know his feelings for (Platinum titles), playing random ass games that may/may not be interesting to the viewer, fighting games stuff with people who may as well be randos to the broader audience, Gon in 60 Seconds (which relies on Woolie's history of hating Hunter x Hunter), and podcast clips (which have him interact with Pat and typically involve interesting/evergreen topics). There's not a lot of consistency outside of the podcast clips and Gon in 60 Seconds, which makes it harder for him to build up an audience.

Also, as Pat pointed out in one of the CSB podcasts, it probably doesn't help that literally everyone who isn't Pat that shows up for an LP on WoolieVs has a thick ass accent. That's not necessarily great when you know lots of your viewers look at other tabs during the videos, since it makes following the conversation a bit harder, which can lead to disengagement. Personally, I think Reggie and Minh are great personalities to contrast with Woolie, but I can admit there are times where I have a bit of trouble following them, because they aren't enunciating things as well as Woolie is.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Woolie's stuff with Eyepatch Wolf is his best content on the channel. The Goemon LP was gold. Too bad Gon in 60 seconds was so short lived lol. Even if he does eventually get back to it, watching the show in that way with months between episodes is a terrible way to experience it.