• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad they're finally doing it as an LP. Everybody remembers SH2 and 3 because they are so iconic but SH1 is so damn good that it's a shame it kinda goes under the radar.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I saw an account called Liam Allen-miller in one of the sales topics but I didn't ask whether it was him or not. I know he had an interest in that sort of thing and talked about it before so I wouldn't be surprised.
Specifcally media creates, I don't remember seeing his name atleast, might have missed him

Last edited:

TheMirai

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really glad they're finally doing it as an LP. Everybody remembers SH2 and 3 because they are so iconic but SH1 is so damn good that it's a shame it kinda goes under the radar.
SH1 is terrifying. Look up a no-commentary playthrough like Voidburger and you realize just how goddamned horrifying it is in total silence.

I'm sad about whatever happened to Woolie but I'm very glad they did this to make up the time. It was surprising when it was just 3 parts.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
You guys remember Nelo? That Kickstarter game they shilled for a while back?

The decided to really thank the Best Friends for helping them out.

28c363174ee1445ea4cc027ad96597e9_original.jpg

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"That could not have possibly gone better."
*dies horribly 20 seconds after*

I'm loving this LP.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed Liam's EW2 streams so I can't help but compare them to this LP.

So far, Pat seems to be channeling his inner Gunjumper more than Liam was during these early sections. Pat's doing fine so far, but there are a few fights later on that are going to slap the taste out of his mouth unless he does a better job focusing.

Witness000

Oct 28, 2017
Toronto
EDIT:

To change the topic:

I predict SBF making Ace of Seafood oneshot.

Bold prediction I know.

I hope so. I found that game off the Halloween Steam Sale and have had a pretty good time with it co-oping. Fucking aquatic futuristic space combat.

I can't tell if the game is more fun to play, or to describe to friends to see their reaction.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My favourite part was right at the end where Pat set himself up to corner sneak kill that one lost, then seemed to have lost his patience and went around the corner anyway abd get his ass beat.

Hopefully in the next part he realises how it works.

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell was Pat thinking in those first two encounters with the witch enemy(or whatever she is called)
It takes a while to catch on...at least it did for me too, haha.

I stealth stabbed a couple until it finally clicked "This will not kill her."

Then I never bothered with it again, and just shot her if/when I ran into her.

Oct 29, 2017
It takes a while to catch on...at least it did for me too, haha.

I stealth stabbed a couple until it finally clicked "This will not kill her."

Then I never bothered with it again, and just shot her if/when I ran into her.
Problem is he made a lot of dumb decisions, could have easily finished her off with the shotgun instead of swapping to the pistol in the first time, and tried to stealth her with the indicator being an wide open eye.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Pat really wanted that stealth hit to lower the witch's health... but in his defense, he didn't know the sniper rifle could one shot her.

That said, the first person stealth section was fucking nuts - I thought it'd be "use the harpoon bolts", not "hide from all enemies."

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
It's pretty easy to lose enemies just by ducking into shrubs, almost comically so.

What I do is stealth the witch, hide in a bush, then stealth her again.

2 stealths kill the witch, same with the wailing creepy thing that drains you stamina I think.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Even if you want to just shoot the witch, it's still worth getting a stealth attack in first as it does good damage to her.

Stealth hit, then a few pops from the pistol, or a blast from the shotty.

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not a fan of the first person section in TEW2 to be honest.It's just...there,nothing special about it except the extra wonkiness that comes with the camera change.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Oh man, this weeks podcast is great.

I missed last weeks dose of friendcast bullshit

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you want to just shoot the witch, it's still worth getting a stealth attack in first as it does good damage to her.

Stealth hit, then a few pops from the pistol, or a blast from the shotty.

Agreed, but it's a dangerous game in some situations to try to get close enough to her to stealth without her freaking out. Eventually I just shot her from afar and said fuck the stealth :)

Manzoon

Oct 25, 2017
East Coast, USA
2Snacks just appearing in Canada like a whisper in the night
I'm excited by the possibilities, does he show up on the podcast?

You guys remember Nelo? That Kickstarter game they shilled for a while back?

The decided to really thank the Best Friends for helping them out.
That is totally rad that Nelo gave them a shout out, I'd have never heard about the game if it wasn't for their video. Gonna keep my eye on it now.

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished up the first case in DRV3 and decided to check out Liam's stream of it (side note: Japan's thing on spoilers are starting to irritate me :/ ) and it was fun seeing his reactions to things. I wished I could have seen him react to the trial/whole game. Also kinda wished we got a proper Danganropa LP or something. Despite all the reading and set up they do before each murder, I think it would be fun seeing reactions to who kills who as they try and piece the clues together. I think it would make for a fun, underrated LP that would go on for way too long because of the hours of set up these games like to do.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind a Pat x Woolie Danganronpa LP where Pat tries to play detective and fails miserably while Woolie just laughs at his struggles.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Usually beards add to your age
Pat cutting his made him look like a 50 year old

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
in all the tweets I've seen of him visiting Canada he's been wearing the same Godzilla mask