• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
me any time Matt is on the "Form your Party" screen

C5489126B24219DE95C20413F481BA6EB4985700

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'm going to say one good thing about DmC- I honestly like the entire scene when Phineas told Dino about Lilith and the child, presenting him with an option that he genuinely looks conflicted on.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
me any time Matt is on the "Form your Party" screen

C5489126B24219DE95C20413F481BA6EB4985700
I can feel my nose starting to bleed the longer he doesn't realize Donald and Goofy have AP too.

But Goofy and Donald are kind of shit in general as partners and die/drain MP every five seconds so I'll cut him some slack on not optimizing them too much.

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I can feel my nose starting to bleed the longer he doesn't realize Donald and Goofy have AP too.

But Goofy and Donald are kind of shit in general as partners and die/drain MP every five seconds so I'll cut him some slack on not optmizing them too much.
It's only in 2 where they live long enough to be useful Donald has like no defense in 1 and dies if a heartless breathes on him

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Goofy was MVP in 2. I still kicked Donald out for World Party members though.
Goofy is obviously mvp especially when you optimize him

I'm just saying Donald was a surprise in 2 when I started I was shocked he actually killed enemies and doesn't die instantly

The guest party members are obviously better though especially simba and mulan

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
they had to scale back after his Nazi phase

sent him on silly adventures in South America

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, the new DuckTales shows Donald can due some bullshit in rage mode.

The main problem is he was summoned as a Caster instead of a Berserker by the Greater Disney Grail.

Rhaya

Oct 25, 2017

when even PAT is literally mortified at the sheer level and scope of Wrong- ness you display you must stop and think " am i still human ?"

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i heard that Halo 4 shit while in my car and i was mad

i shouldn't be driving when i hear sommit like that

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
the subs/v/dubs thing is always situational for me

I'll always go in to a new series sub only, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna watch FLCL or Eva without dubs

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
There's some dubs out there that legitimately elevate their source material (Cowboy Bebop).

There's also some dubs out there, even today, that are blindingly awful trash. Believe me, my flatmate only watches dubs because he feels the need to dick around on his phone constantly, and there's some stab-yourself-in-the-ears shit still being made today.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i made an honest attemp to get through the dub version of Stardust Crusaders

and i just couldn't do it. I missed Kujo and Polnareff's voices too much

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
The vast majority of dubs are trash, but I never want to hear grandma Goku ever again for as long as I live.

Oct 25, 2017
i made an honest attemp to get through the dub version of Stardust Crusaders

and i just couldn't do it. I missed Kujo and Polnareff's voices too much

Half the fun of Jojo is these super Japanese voices pronouncing English words. I didn't last too long in the English dub either.

Usually though I guess it depends on what I was exposed to first.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The bookstore skeleton anime is great for the attempts at portraying English speaking customers alone.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
the subs/v/dubs thing is always situational for me

I'll always go in to a new series sub only
There are some shows where you shouldn't even bother with the Japanese, new or not. Black Lagoon is one, and that buddy cop comedy anime Double Decker is another. They're just so peak America in their own ways that watching them in Japanese just doesn't feel appropriate.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
There are some shows where you shouldn't even bother with the Japanese, new or not. Black Lagoon is one, and that buddy cop comedy anime Double Decker is another. They're just so peak America in their own ways that watching them in Japanese just doesn't feel appropriate.

While dubs in general have improved since the 80/90s, and there's some shows here and there that actually are better dubbed, in general 9 times out of 10 the sub is still just better.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
The bookstore skeleton anime is great for the attempts at portraying English speaking customers alone.

I think Skull-Faced Bookseller Honda-san is an anime that's mildly cursed by the fact it can never produce another episode as good as the first one.

Like every single person should watch the first episode, just manage your expectations if you continue on from there, because goddamn it can't always be that good.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it just depends. I usually watch both cause so don't want to wait on the dub then watch it again cause some things just flow better in the dub.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a couple dubs I prefer but no matter what there is always a few bad actors playing side characters. I never notice that in subs. That said, i am really excited to see the Hells movie dubbed by Team Four Star cause I think once they're abridge stuff slows down (it kinda already is) then they'll be a really great dub company.