• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the worst part about Vergil are those wet fart sound effects for Yamato. It sounds so limp.

Dec 6, 2018
She was great on stream from what I saw, but chat was getting pretty rude about the furry con she went to.

I think the weird disconnect with the fanbase is what really bugs me, the whole thing with Paige's tweets always getting a deluge of blind support that attack any critics, the people whom were making transphobic comments during Pat's VGA stream, and now this furry thing (even though I have to say it wasn't the most vitriolic I have seen people be about the subject). But outside of here I have never seen anyone even try and discuss it.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok like I'd be with you guys if she was getting on the podcast to talk about her political stuff but she's not even on the radar of "worst gamer opinions" that could be on the podcast. You're acting like she's going to come on and talk about how the Final Solution wasn't such a bad idea.
I don't feel comfortable listening to a shitty alt right talk about anything

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
She was great on stream from what I saw, but chat was getting pretty rude about the furry con she went to.

I think the weird disconnect with the fanbase is what really bugs me, the whole thing with Paige's tweets always getting a deluge of blind support that attack any critics, the people whom were making transphobic comments during Pat's VGA stream, and now this furry thing (even though I have to say it wasn't the most vitriolic I have seen people be about the subject). But outside of here I have never seen anyone even try and discuss it.

In essence, that's how I feel. It's less the best friends, but there's still that remaining crossover from the old /v/ fanbase that still remains which is hard to kinda cope with.

Paige on stream was fine tho from what i've seen

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Samesies. For someone who basically told us to fuck off like a week ago, Pat and Paige are making it really hard to avoid them.

Here's how you do it: you stop engaging with their output. Trying to watch/listen around them is absurd, either quit or don't. Matt and Woolie are putting out more solo content than ever, avoiding Pat and especially Paige is exceedingly simple.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
whenever I see Paige on stream she seems like a nice person. She talked about the furry convention she went to on the podcast and said how fun and wholesome it was. It's almost like the Paige I see mentioned from Twitter is a different person entirely, though I guess that's how it is at times. Chat was pretty bad as expected, and it felt like Woolie wanted to move out of that topic real quick.

Dec 6, 2018
whenever I see Paige on stream she seems like a nice person. She talked about the furry convention she went to on the podcast and said how fun and wholesome it was. It's almost like the Paige I see mentioned from Twitter is a different person entirely, though I guess that's how it is at times. Chat was pretty bad as expected, and it felt like Woolie wanted to move out of that topic real quick.

Yep, I noticed that they barely mentioned SonicFox despite them all loving him. I guess whats been going on with him is more inherently political than other subjects but still.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck my avatar is not a white symbol, alright? 7up is pure and clear substance, and will not be corrupted by Nazis. Keep fighting the good fight.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I got to the infamous part of Bravely Default

Got really pissed off, spoiled myself, and quit

It's like the game fucked my dog you know?

...wait.......

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this jumper game is the best kind of hot garbo, but I think Woolz mixed up Brash Games and Brash Entertainment

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Y'all been caught with your dicks out again.

Sorry just catching up and noticed DAT ME!

All I have in response are posts where Paige endorses actual hate figures coming on her shit talking podcast.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheDickSho...estion_for_guest_jon_jontron_jafari_recently/
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheDickSho...uld_we_get_insert_joe_rogan_guest_of_the_day/

I'm just done with the defensiveness. Just admit you want to have fun meme-ing with your white supremacist buds because it's all a big joke to you.

OP
OP
NoblesseOblige
Oct 25, 2017
Just stopping by to confirm Paige is a shitty person.

come at me with another shitty post pat so I can threadmark that one too

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I think I just can't in good conscience watch these guys' content any more. I mean, I guess it's great they aren't actually directly signal boosting Nazis like PDP, but I'm really uncomfortable with Paige being as involved as she is.

If it was just Pat's alt-right girlfriend and Matt and Woolie didn't approve of but didn't want to cause drama I could get that, but having her on the podcast is a step too far.

I think I'll be sticking with RSS Liam and Giant Bomb from now on.

OP
OP
NoblesseOblige
Oct 25, 2017
I'll stick to their youtube content and podcast (without a shitty guest), and Woolie/Matt's solo content. But anything with shitheels, no thanks. Unfortunately I don't see Pat growing up anytime soon. I mean, that boy is so damaged he justified to himself that it was okay for him to trick people into risking their shitty job by breaking street dates.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly no one can fault anyone for deciding to stop watching at this point and similarly I don't think we should be hostile to people who decide to keep watching. Most of us already dont watch Paige/Pats streams.

Anyway for people who want to skip the podcast this week but still get fun gaming news, check out Dad and Sons. Its Super Bunny Hops podcast and its the most horrizonatal shift from a three man podcast to another three man podcast and all of them are super nice dudes with a lot more legit insight into game development. It's a very under listened to podcast. Also there needs to be more work done getting clips of this onto YouTube because Matt Visuals quest to find a new roommate is some of the funniest stuff I've ever heard.

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
I dropped Dad and Sons after a few months because I couldn't get over the differences in opinions that George and Matt held from my own, not to purposefully come back to Paige stuff, but they do have just as fun a dynamic as the Best Friends and the quiz gimmick is more fun from a listener perspective than I thought it would be. And they also have a good Liam

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped Dad and Sons after a few months because I couldn't get over the differences in opinions that George and Matt held from my own, not to purposefully come back to Paige stuff, but they do have just as fun a dynamic as the Best Friends and the quiz gimmick is more fun from a listener perspective than I thought it would be. And they also have a good Liam

I love that British Liam living in Japan. He's got such insightful views on games sometimes though I was a bit shocked at what little he had to say on Rockstar.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
If it was just Pat's alt-right girlfriend and Matt and Woolie didn't approve of but didn't want to cause drama I could get that, but having her on the podcast is a step too far.

It sounds like Matt wasn't there for this one and probably didn't have any input either way on the guest that was picked while he was gone.

I guess it's a matter of perspective: did they have her on the podcast or did Pat push for her to be a guest and they didn't have the guts to say no? Neither option is admirable but the latter is entirely consistent with the way they've handled themselves for the last however many years, ie completely unwilling to address or confront anything that matters, and I don't think it betrays anything about their opinions except that they're gutless, which is like... duh.

If they wanna lash out with inane myopic nonsense like Pat then fuck them too but even Paige got the benefit of the doubt for a while and she's the one actually going to bat for all this hurtful crap.

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like Matt wasn't there for this one and probably didn't have any input either way on the guest that was picked while he was gone.

I guess it's a matter of perspective: did they have her on the podcast or did Pat push for her to be a guest and they didn't have the guts to say no? Neither option is admirable but the latter is entirely consistent with the way they've handled themselves for the last however many years, ie completely unwilling to address or confront anything that matters, and I don't think it betrays anything about their opinions except that they're gutless, which is like... duh.

If they wanna lash out with inane myopic nonsense like Pat then fuck them too but even Paige got the benefit of the doubt for a while and she's the one actually going to bat for all this hurtful crap.

This is a bit much. Paige and Pat are one thing but I think you're being needlessly harsh in your over thinking about Matt and Woolie. You can't talk about how they don't go to bat for anything that matters when you're making long dramatic posts about the intentions of people who play videogames for a living. Talking about tweets is one thing but anytime someone ventures into amateur psychoanalysis about their intentions is a sign that maybe that person needs to step back a bit and look at just how much energy they're wasting on this.

OP
OP
NoblesseOblige
Oct 25, 2017
Matt's good people. He stopped the 'rape horse' thing in their earlier days when it was pointed out to him that it was kinda fucked. He stuck to it even when shits over at their subreddit and other places insulted him over it. Pat would have probably thrown one of his baby-fits and double downed were it just him. I think Woolie is cognizant of how shitty gamers are (including members of his fanbase) and isn't going to willingly put himself in a position that has a bunch of fuckheads trying to cause him trouble.

Manzoon

Oct 25, 2017
East Coast, USA
Really this just boils down to Paige and the company she keeps along with the questionable things she has said. Pat being Pat, I wish he'd look at this how an outsider sees it.

I hope they get some perspective from this.

Dec 6, 2018
Really this just boils down to Paige and the company she keeps along with the questionable things she has said. Pat being Pat, I wish he'd look at this how an outsider sees it.

I hope they get some perspective from this.

I mean Paige has literally said that arguing on Twitter makes her feel energized, and I don't tthink I have once seen her approach a critical comment without a snappy comeback.

I've spent so much time invested in them that I want to give them all the benefit of the doubt. Didn't they ban that Wyoming farmer person because he was being too shitty in the comments? And the fact that off-twitter they all seem fine. It's just a weird situation that isn't helped by the general youtube philosophy of "never directly talk about politics"

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
This is a bit much. Paige and Pat are one thing but I think you're being needlessly harsh in your over thinking about Matt and Woolie. You can't talk about how they don't go to bat for anything that matters when you're making long dramatic posts about the intentions of people who play videogames for a living. Talking about tweets is one thing but anytime someone ventures into amateur psychoanalysis about their intentions is a sign that maybe that person needs to step back a bit and look at just how much energy they're wasting on this.

My characterization was harsh, sure, but when it comes to the content they put out, Woolie consistently and transparently tries to shut down or downplay anything that's even the least bit contentious and Matt has no appetite for conflict. I don't think these are particularly incisive statements and I'm sure anyone who watched/listened to their shit for any extended length of time noticed those things themselves.

It's not like I spend hours dwelling on this stuff, I just see posts by people who are surprised they're not drawing a line with Pat over his SO and it's like... are we talking about the same people? Why would anyone expect that, least of all from them? They'll suck it up to the minimum possible extent and never acknowledge it and that'll be that.

Dec 6, 2018
I don't think they had any input into him being banned from the subreddit, and up until he was banned they spoke favorably of him.

Oh I meant from the stream. It's been awhile so I may not be remembering correctly but I'm pretty sure he was submitting donations with gross messages or something on the side of all the reddit stuff, and that's why he isn't heard of anymore