• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Now that I think about it, these guys were the only LPers I ever really watched consistently, so I may just be done with the genre now.
I guess I can check out some more of their solo content, but I've never been that interested in solo LPs or streams (outside of the occasional Liam stream).
I could start watching more Matt/Crymetina stuff, too.
It's weird to think that I've been watching their videos for basically a third of my life now...

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Aww, this news sucks. And I just started following them last year too (or the year before, I don't remember).
Hope this thread doesn't die and y'all use it as a portal to their solo stuff or something.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Aww, this news sucks. And I just started following them last year too (or the year before, I don't remember).
Hope this thread doesn't die and y'all use it as a portal to their solo stuff or something.
unless one of their other channels/streams get mega big, I'll try to keep up with them here

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
No more shitstorms y'all :(
This is a bit weird to say, but I was under the impression this Shitstorm was going to be the last one. I never really voiced it, but i kinda' had this gut feeling for a while that DMCV would be their last big LP and then they were going to stop. Cut earlier than I thought it would, but I couldn't shake the feeling the whole last Shitstorm that it was the last one.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Man I got some serious entertainment over the years with these guys I think them and the Creatures were the first lpers I subscribed too. A shame that its ended up this way but I wish them all success in their solo ventures. Liam is super fun to watch on his streams. Maybe they'll even start to watch the screen properly!

Oct 25, 2017
I was shocked we got 7

8 would've been a dream beyond a fantasy

I love the Shitstorm. I re-watch it all numerous times a year, year on year. But that last Shitstorm was a bit of a mess. Definitely the first time one of their side channels negatively affected the main channel.

If it did come back it would have totally needed a re-think. Still gutted, mind. October was the best time of the year.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Benoit needs Benoit badly.

We require more Vespene Benoit.

Nuclear Benoit detected.

The march of the Benoits.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Well shit, i guess they all had their own stuff build out to eventually deal with their own individual stuff. I always wondered when their Machinima deal had ever endeded and were free from those shackles. They'll have their own stuff to focus on and i think that will be fine. Guess we'll have Woolie's podcast too.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i don't even know if i can bring myself to watch the vid tbh

it's bad enough just thinking about it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing that Pat and Matt were no longer friends is rough. It almost sounded like a joke at first.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
latest

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
These guys were one of the pillars that forced me into finding who I am as my gaming self. Without Matt, Pat, and Woolie, I probably wouldn't be giving a shit about gaming at all. They honestly are the reason I ever dared to come to this website like this in the past, and were the ones that kept me going forward. It feels longer than 10 years in my headspace.

It's surreal and heartbreaking and makes me upset all at the same time.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Wow. They were that dedicated to not playing DMC2.

I don't post in this thread here much but I've watched them since near enough the start and it's real sad to see them go. But I'm not surprised. The hostility between Matt and Patt had been more noticeable in recent podcasts to be honest. In particular Patt complaining about the Sony sexual content changes and Matt seems kind of annoyed about Patts attitude towards it.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
Oh what??

Watched the video the whole way though expecting a punchline

Wtf? They must be great actors because that Star Trek LP was hilarious, not a hint of tension imo

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was afraid of talking about Paige was going to completely take over the main video game thread and here and sure enough...

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
who the fuck am i going to go to for mad hype about character action bullshit now?!?!? (not a real question don't tell me who is mad hype about character action bullshit)

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i don't even remember where i came into SBF from being honest. i'll have to go through the podcast archives or maybe the youtube archives.

it was definitely still liam era, because i remember distinctly the Liam-senpai card on the intro, and they were still doing mailbags.

Toadofsky

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
I think you're most likely right, we never will appreciate your 'quality' posts. Mainly because every time I've ever peeked my head in here, it's been filled with accusatory, reactionary, hysterical garbage. You've been pointing fingers at me, Paige, I think even Liam lately, about how we're all secretly horrible people, that any clarification or explanation for any behaviour or association is a red herring, and merely cover for our ~secretly terrible views and beliefs~. It's sad, and honestly, the ease at which you jump to conclusions leaves you difficult to take seriously.

I'm sure many of you are going to take this as Paige puppeting me with her hand up my ass, or I'm just doing this to "protect our relationship" because she's just so evil or some shit, but I genuinely think a good deal of you need a wake up call and need to look yourselves in the mirror, chill out, and fucking stop seeing danger lurking behind every tree.

I'm certain you guys genuinely believe that you're fighting the good fight or some shit, but it seems to me that you're just completely incapable of handling anyone who disagrees with you even slightly, appears to do so, or even those who simply don't enthusiastically agree with you in all matters with any level of respect, and I think that's really sad. It seems to be a difficult way to live, and I wish you all the best, but some of you really need to pull your heads out of your asses.

Dang.

So how long will it be until everyone starts calling you and Paige Natzis and bans all discussion of you here? A couple of days? Hours?

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there is a lesson here about not making your friendships your 'brand'

Said friendship was the whole appeal of the channel. It didn't feel like a bunch of co workers pretending to like each other....at least until recently :/

Dang.

So how long will it be until everyone starts calling you and Paige Natzis and bans all discussion of you here? A couple of days? Hours?

Thats from November you know.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
who the fuck am i going to go to for mad hype about character action bullshit now?!?!? (not a real question don't tell me who is mad hype about character action bullshit)
I guess Maximilian dood and his crew are left to do that stuff. They can appreciate Asura's Wrath despite poor combat.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I really owe these guys a lot. I never would've heard about things like Jojo, or fell in love with Persona. Hell, I probably wouldn't be posting here if I hadn't heard them joking about & referencing the old place in the first place lol.

15-16 year old me was super hype when they finally said they were doing a podcast.

Deleted member 49770

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2018
This was a terrible thing to come home to after work. I haven't been a fan as long as many of you guys I'm sure (I started sometime before their FFX LP, which was legendary), but they've been easily my favorite content creators on the web. It's gonna be so weird not having their camaraderie to look forward to every day, but it sounds like it was for the best. I thank all of them for introducing me to shit like Jojo, Yakuza, and possibly even DMC now.

Damn, what an absolute bummer...

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
oh heck off dredging that up now to be performative
Said friendship was the whole appeal of the channel. It didn't feel like a bunch of co workers pretending to like each other....at least until recently :/.

Yeah, it's really what bums me out the most. Because knowing even tho they'll continue producing (hopefully lots of) content on the side, the nagging sensation in the back of my head that we won't have this dynamic anymore is really what's tugging the heart.

Oct 28, 2017
England

I think this was the first video I ever saw from them.

This was mine:

I can still remember precisely how I stumbled upon it, and them. I realised one day I knew Pokemon Snap existed, but I had no idea what it actually was. So I Youtubed something like 'pokemon snap play', and theirs was one of the first results. Then their Arkham City and Skyrim videos came up in suggested viewing, and I've been hooked ever since.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Man, that's rough. Don't even really want to watch the announcement video either. I guess all I can say is thanks for all the memories. Glad there's still going to be a podcast, but from 4 to 3 to 2 is rough, though they'll probably have guests for a bit.

I think I first heard about the channel way back when I saw a topic about Two Best Friends Play Captain America, though I didn't really pay attention until I saw a Scrublords video posted on the front page of SRK. Good times.

Incidentally, while one can say that they've played many anime fighters, only games as anime as Blazblue and Line-Kill Spirits can kill the channel.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to remember what got me into SBFP. I think it was the Metal Gear Rising LP?