• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also not sure if this is for the bezt or not.

I personaally think all 3 wete doing what they did beat on their individual channels.

Matt's content creation is fantastic. His lps, not so much.

Pat is an lper through and through

And woolie's great at both.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I do think Matt is better at focused content rather than LPs, but his editing on his channel LPs are getting better, so that's a good sign

Oct 25, 2017
I do think Matt is better at focused content rather than LPs, but his editing on his channel LPs are getting better, so that's a good sign

I agree. His side channel has been consistently interesting and great whereas its obvious his heart hasn't been in the main channel for a good while. He sandbagged more and more LP's over the months to the point it actually hurt my ability to keep up to date on newer stuff.

I'd rather them do something like this than drag the main channel out as an obligation. As much as I wanted that REmake 2 LP.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Browsing this thread I see all these references of Paige retweeting and embracing alt-right personalities like Sargon and Pat defending her for it? I haven't seen an actual tweet or comment so far though showing that, could anyone link me to anything of that? Because if true I want to make sure to never watch or listen to anything with them again.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm heartbroken. I was watching them starting with their Marvel vs Capcom epsiode on Machinima (and the infamous Woolie video) and immediately fell in love with their style. I went through a lot of shit and happy times. They were always a partner I could rely on to cheer me up whenever I needed them. I learned a lot of new shit from them (especially fighting games) and their podcasts made every boring and long train ride a pure bliss. Seeing it end like that, I can't say I'm not surprised due to them all starting their side channels and Pat's and Matt's chemistry just being different ever since the Silent Hill 3 LP (I feel like around this time it's when it all started to crumble), but I'm still super sad. I don't know if friends running a business is a good thing (I've seen it fail too many times), but of course I'm heartbroken that Pat's and Matt's friendship ended. I know they got to know each other via Woolie and Matt originally wanted to do the first Best Friends Play episode with Woolie, but he refused and Pat was like "sure, sounds like fun". This is where it all began. I guess it makes sense that the latest FNF episode got cancelled due to urgent circumstances. That said: I'm thankful that they were so transparent with their video. Matt's fighting with his tears at the end. And so was I.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Woolie/Matt and Woolie/Pat LPs were such a treat. Especially the latter.

Matt and Pat seemed to be gelling less and less but Pat and Woolie just seemed to age together like fine wine.

That we might never getting any on the reg (or at all?) anymore now is just fucking heartbreaking.

qMLO4vm.gif

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, there was a Super Best Friends OT? ANd I only find out about it after they split up!? Shit...

I'm glad these Scurblords will still be doing videos but damn... it won't be the same...

Oct 25, 2017
I never posted in the community/hangout thread too much but I just wanted to come in here and join the mourning with y'all. I started watching these guys when the Downpour LP was going up and it was following them over the years that led me to GAF and thereby here. I've changed jobs in the past couple years and haven't kept up as closely as I could but this is a sad day all the same. Maybe I'll check out some of their solo content but it just won't be the same.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
to any and all who has been a friender, i will try to stay here, but i understand if you go, or dont come back

i'll try and stick around here, discussing the individual efforts, but even i might drop off eventually

stuff like that is understandable

but to all Frienders, those who have been here the whole time, those posting for the first time, those who may never post here

you all were and still are a part of the Best Friends in some way, and will always have that shine that cant be tarnished

i don't know if we will ever meet each other in person, or connect in any other way, but at least if we do, we will always have these shitlords somewhere in the back of our minds, playing video games badly

and i appreciate you all

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
to any and all who has been a friender, i will try to stay here, but i understand if you go, or dont come back

i'll try and stick around here, discussing the individual efforts, but even i might drop off eventually

but to all Frienders, those who have been here the whole time, those posting for the first time, those who may never post here

you all were and still are a part of the Best Friends in some way, and will always have that shine that cant be tarnished

i don't know if we will ever meet each other in person, or connect in any other way, but at least if we do, we will always have these shitlords somewhere in the back of our minds, playing video games badly

and i appreciate you all

tenor.gif

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017

and i appreciate you all
this post has turned me into an ultra despair girl

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a discord here? I'm beginning to think perhaps maybe we were the Super Best Friends, all along.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017

and i appreciate you all
Oh God, I'm getting those First Toonami Ending feels.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
now I'm just watching old videos and drunk sobbing, what a night

or, morning

or, mourning

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

and i appreciate you all

We can start a new youtube channel Fat4All. We can create something new from these ashes.

Jokes asides you were the heart and soul of this place more then these guys in an odd way. It was the "Fat4All and friend's hangout OT". You were the best of us Fat.

Infinite Ukemi

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, I've been watching since the Mortal Kombat machinima video. I've been watching them every day with my first girlfriend from their first Man vs Wild video on machinima until now. Just last night we were both yelling at Matt and cheering them on while they fought Ursula. I was in junior high back then, and I've went through so much since then. Through thick and thin, I've always had the best friends...

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This was quite literally the only longform LP channel I adored and attempted to watch every video. Look ast year I was stuck in a real bad place and this channel got me through it. The writing was on the wall in ways, but I still hoped it continue through. I wish them all the best.

I'm sad, but I definitely want to stick around. In the relatively short time I've been here, you folks have been a one of the most comfy and hilarious group of people on Era.

Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches

and i appreciate you all

2jlz4f.jpg

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit no way! I seen the video in my YouTube feed, read the title, and my heart sank. Then that look on Woolie's face... it broke me, man.

I've watched a good deal of their YouTube content. Not much in recent years, but I looked forward to the podcast every week. I'm the exact person they spoke about a hundred episodes ago that the podcast isn't for: sports fan who doesn't like anime. They were wrong about that. Even whe discussing a topic I didn't have any prior interest in or couldn't really follow their insights into, I just loved listening to them. They brought a level of energy — whether it be positive or critical — that's simply infectious. Every other podcast I've ever subscribed to has fallen by the wayside at one point or another. I've never missed or have been disappointed by a Friendcast.

However, I'm glad that the guys seemed to come to a mutual understanding and I'm happy that all intend to maintain a presence. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the small bit I've seen of Pat or Woolie's solo content, but I've watched a few videos on Matt's channel and really enjoy what he's doing. Delving deep into his passions that I share (Final Fight!) or getting further insight into catastrophic failures on Wha Happun is... it's just great.

No offense to Matt, but I did breathe a major sigh of relief that Chewy and Fuckface is going full time. There was that one episode of the podcast that was just Woolie and Pat without any guests that I would point to as my absolute favorite that they've ever done. I really hope that they don't feel pressured to constantly have a guest or bring in a permanent third because I absolutely adore their rapport when it's just the two of them getting hype or stubbornly butting heads over whatever. Matt was there for it, but that Gameboy argument from a few weeks back was largely dominated by Woolie and Pat on polar opposite sides and it's the hardest I've laughed at the podcast in a long time.

So yeah, getting this news sucks. But if all involved feel that they are doing what's best for them, Pat and Woolie continue the podcast, and Matt continues growing his solo YouTube content then I feel that this will all be for the best in the long run.