• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah are there any good LPers that aren't insufferable or super hard shills? It's something I'd love to watch more of but everyone I get suggested doesn't hit right

I sort of like Funhaus in that they have a similar casual/no holds barred approach to comedy. But I'm still iffy on them because it really seems like they want to branch out more and they put themselves in a video game rut which makes things seem a bit sad and all about the numbers (i.e. their very confusing upload schedule).

Really sad about the Best Friends. I have to admit that I was expecting this earlier in the year but thought since it didn't happen then that everything was going to be fine. Their content helped me out a lot in bad times. I'm happy they each have their own avenues to follow and hope they all have success in the world.

NeckToChicken

Oct 25, 2017
Now, too, do Woolman and Pat Doll fall prey. The Skull Presence lingers a moment before passing through the veil, the Azure Dream the last echo in its beating heart. It whispers one last curse to a dying world.

"Welcome in Omikron"

It is an end. Best of luck to the friends and frienders alike. Thanks for the memories.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I have my thoughts but there's no point in speculating or making anyone out to be the "bad guy/girl" without knowing what happened. I just hope people don't obsess too much

convo

Oct 25, 2017
This thread has every right to continue since they'll still be doing their own videos, also we got a The Quiet Man playthrough from Liam and Matt to look forward to over the holidays.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna enjoy each individual side channel and the new podcast to the fullest, as inevitably will end as well. as inevitably as each of us will one day be dust

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Shameless repeating.

Sorry in advance I'm going to post something in extremely poor taste. The BlazBlue video was funny.

I can't say like most people I discovered anything I love through them but everything I love always came up with them. Fighting games, JoJo, Monster Hunter, they were always a unique intersection for the stuff I enjoy. There are others like the Let's Fight a Boss group who I enjoy for the same reason but nobody will have the same chemestry of the guys. I'm gonna miss em.

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how this paradoxically feels like a long time coming and incredibly sudden.

That's me probably done with LP's I think. It was only really these guys who could hold my attention and had a fun-yet knowledgeable dynamic. I'll re-watch the old stuff and keep up with their side content (assuming it doesn't all become streams which I'm indifferent towards).

Oct 26, 2017
Stopped posting here a while ago for unrelated reasons but i'm just dropping by to drop a big F

don't speculate too much you know, shit happens. Working with a friend for 9 years will do that 90% of the time

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
"Castle Super Beast Christmas Cast Woo! Now let's calmly answer all these awkward questions over marshmallows"

Costa

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
to any and all who has been a friender, i will try to stay here, but i understand if you go, or dont come back

i'll try and stick around here, discussing the individual efforts, but even i might drop off eventually

stuff like that is understandable

but to all Frienders, those who have been here the whole time, those posting for the first time, those who may never post here

you all were and still are a part of the Best Friends in some way, and will always have that shine that cant be tarnished

i don't know if we will ever meet each other in person, or connect in any other way, but at least if we do, we will always have these shitlords somewhere in the back of our minds, playing video games badly

and i appreciate you all
i'm sobbing

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope that some time in 2019, Woolie brings back Reggie and Billy for the next Ultimate Ninja Storm (or whatever the fuck that Naruto game series is called) LP.

It's totally not the same vibe, but it's nice to have those multi person LPs.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Whew did a bit of reading and that thread on gaming side sure is... something.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I started watching back when they only did the early Machinima videos. RIP. Assassin's Creed vid the GOAT.

Writing was on the wall ever since Liam left and they started their own channels imo. You could feel the tension in the recent M&P LPs.

Kinda dissapointed that the podcast is Pat and Woolie instead of Woolie and Matt. Did the podcasts ever improve? I stopped listening after like ep 60 because Pat would always talk over everyone and be super dismissive of anyone that didn't agree with him.

Anyone got a discord invite?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I started watching back when they only did the early Machinima videos. RIP. Assassin's Creed vid the GOAT.

Writing was on the wall ever since Liam left and they started their own channels imo. You could feel the tension in the recent M&P LPs.

Kinda dissapointed that the podcast is Pat and Woolie instead of Woolie and Matt. Did the podcasts ever improve? I stopped listening after like ep 60 because Pat would always talk over everyone and be super dismissive of anyone that didn't agree with him.

Anyone got a discord invite?
Not really any different tbh

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Like I said on gaming side. This is super heartbreaking, but I'm happy they did this professionally. About as good a closure as I'd hope from a break up. I'm really going to miss their content, but at least the podcast is surviving in some form.

Oct 29, 2017
I'll try to get into Matt's channel again, I wasn't super into it because I'm more about the LPs. Woolie's new channel feels the best one for me right now with Nier and Naruto.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel destroyed inside. I went to bed last night having a great time. Got to see my friends who I haven't seen in a while, went to a great Christmas party. Won at Mario party. And now I'm literally crying. It's been roughly 6 years since I first started watching SBF. I found them in my senior year of high school and I almost flunked some classes because I would watch their stuff too much. The TBF machinima videos and chrono trigger were my first games.

Because of this channel I have experienced so many different games I would have either never known existed or would have blown off. Honestly their content helped me form my current sense of humor and some of my mannerisms.

And I know they have their side stuff and new stuff, but it still just hurts. It also really hurts that Matt and Pat had a falling out because their content was my favorite. From the shitstorms to their individual LPs I loved every minute of it.

It says the link is expired :\

Nov 3, 2017
I'll try to get into Matt's channel again, I wasn't super into it because I'm more about the LPs. Woolie's new channel feels the best one for me right now with Nier and Naruto.

I love Liam's channel cause I can put on a video for like 3~9 hours and just do something else at the same time but it's super soothing and the live streams are always fun (outside of Tetris that one time)

We don't know who the problem is.

Folks shouldn't be going at any of them.

I mean it's pretty fucking evident if you've been paying even the smallest amount of attention

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel destroyed inside. I went to bed last night having a great time. Got to see my friends who I haven't seen in a while, went to a great Christmas party. Won at Mario party. And now I'm literally crying. It's been roughly 6 years since I first started watching SBF. I found them in my senior year of high school and I almost flunked some classes because I would watch their stuff too much. The TBF machinima videos and chrono trigger were my first games.

Because of this channel I have experienced so many different games I would have either never known existed or would have blown off. Honestly their content helped me form my current sense of humor and some of my mannerisms.

And I know they have their side stuff and new stuff, but it still just hurts. It also really hurts that Matt and Pat had a falling out because their content was my favorite. From the shitstorms to their individual LPs I loved every minute of it.

It says the link is expired :\
NoblesseOblige generate a new one

Oct 25, 2017
Also since there's a lot of people wanting in the discord here's a link.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, now isn't the time to start taking your frustrations out on their friends and family while looking for someone to blame.