• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'd like a matt/liam podcast.

Mostly cause I think Podcasts are Matt's biggest weakness by far.

Now a Liam podcast on the other hand is a whole different story.

I think that Matt would be more into it if he was with a more likeminded person. They likely wouldn't have the fun contentious moments that Woolie/Pat have, but that's ok. I just really like both of their personalities and they obviously share enthusiasm for similar topics. Also, outside of the John Cena thing is Liam a wrestling fan? Because I don't keep up with it but would totally listen to Matt talking about it on a weekly basis.

And actually, I take back the bit about it not being contentious. Having Matt and Liam argue Final Fight vs Streets of Rage would be amazing. Give me that shit NOW!

Final Fight is better don't @me, brehs

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I'll just drop in here real quick to state that anyone screaming "it's Pat's fault!" is ignoring the fact that he and Woolie are moving forward together with the podcast. There is no Woolie/Matt podcast that's been announced at this point.

That isn't to say that it's Matt's or anyone else's fault. The fact that they jointly released a video should tell us all that this was a mutual decision and they're moving forward in the way that's best for all involved. Just saying, it's foolish to speculate at this point and doing more harm than good.

...but if I were in a GUN TO YOUR HEAD situation, I'd speculate that no one is truly "at fault" and our boys have simply evolved both personally and professionally.

...and just throwing it out there, I would love a Matt/Liam podcast.
Matt's always really hated the podcast, though. When Pat and Liam had their huge blowup over Resident Evil, which I still feel contributed to Liam leaving, Matt tweeted about disliking the podcast but Woolie insisting on it being one of their pillars.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think that Matt would be more into it if he was with a more likeminded person. They likely wouldn't have the fun contentious moments that Woolie/Pat have, but that's ok. I just really like both of their personalities and they obviously share enthusiasm for similar topics. Also, outside of the John Cena thing is Liam a wrestling fan? Because I don't keep up with it but would totally listen to Matt talking about it on a weekly basis.

And actually, I take back the bit about it not being contentious. Having Matt and Liam argue Final Fight vs Streets of Rage would be amazing. Give me that shit NOW!

Final Fight is better don't @me, brehs

My biggest issue with matt is when he doesn't care you KNOW he doesn't care. And that sentiment extends to interests of all the other 3.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest issue with matt is when he doesn't care you KNOW he doesn't care. And that sentiment extends to interests of all the other 3.

Fair enough. The last LP I tried to give a watch was Psychonauts. (first one in a long while). I was super surprised to see it randomly pop up in my YouTube feed. I absolutely adore the game and thought they would appreciate the humor, but was bummed when Matt never really seemed to give it a chance and shut it down at the first level.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
First-time poster here but a long-time fan of the Super Best Friends. Such a sad thing to wake up to. All good things must come to an end, but I just wasn't expecting it to be so soon. I get it--our lives change, our friends change, things happen and we move on. Doesn't make this any easier, though.

I really can't thank them enough for all of the content they put out, and how these guys shaped my interests over the years. If it wasn't for them, I don't think I would have ever found my love for Souls games, wrestling, the Yakuza series, Predator, RoboCop, fighting games and so much more.

I wish them all the best of luck in their future endeavors. It was a good ride.

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for any Rooster Teeth fans that saw the crossover episode that went up yesterday and checked them out, just to see this.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
E7sg6WQ.jpg

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We will never get their reaction to Sephiroth...

Or Tifa in KHII.

Yes, I was confident they would move onto KHII. They seemed to legitimately enjoy the first game so it was a natural assumption.

Think there's any chance any of these guys will create a new SBF successor with new people? Kind of like The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo of LPs.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
*Sudden jolt in realisation* THEY NEVER FUCKIN PLAYED ASSAULT SPY

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Matt's always really hated the podcast, though. When Pat and Liam had their huge blowup over Resident Evil, which I still feel contributed to Liam leaving, Matt tweeted about disliking the podcast but Woolie insisting on it being one of their pillars.

I must've missed that episode (I did miss a couple of episodes). Can you perhaps give me the gist of what happened back then between Pat and Liam?

Woolie always felt like the anchor that held everything together for me. And I agree with him: The podcast was definitely one of their pillars for me. But I can totally understand that it was a lot of extra and stressful work for them. I was so glad when Woolie joined them full-time. I remember re-watching all the Brawls because he was in them before he joined them full-time.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
It seems to me Matt doesn't want to do the channel anymore. Which is fine...but weird to see so many people blaming Pat for all of this. Matt obviously wants to focus on his channel

Matt's channel and even elements of Woolie's channel are basically what the main channel used to be, just without the other guys, and I'm sure he would have continued to be more enthusiastic about the main channel if they'd continued putting out the same variety of content there, but for whatever reason that stopped happening and I feel like we never got a satisfactory answer as to why (not that I expect a deeper answer than "the other guys didn't think it was worth their time").

One explanation they did offer is that most of their fans didn't care about anything that wasn't an LP episode and would complain if they got any sort of one-off instead of a regularly scheduled episode, so maybe I'm just more out of step than I thought.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Just dawned on me that these bastards have forever denied me the Holy Grail that is the Haunting Ground LP.

This is a slippery slope to thinking of all the other gold LPs that won't see the light of day. :/

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's no evidence at all Pat is ANYTHING like JonTron.

Oh I know, but for a lot of people (myself included) apologists for Nazis are still pretty bad. It's the existence of alt-right bigotry in the sphere that's like the GameGrumps situation, didn't mean it as a 1:1 comparison. (and even then, it's not even remotely confirmed or apparent, I was just making comment on other people's comments)

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Matt's channel and even elements of Woolie's channel are basically what the main channel used to be, just without the other guys, and I'm sure he would have continued to be more enthusiastic about the main channel if they'd continued putting out the same variety of content there, but for whatever reason that stopped happening and I feel like we never got a satisfactory answer as to why (not that I expect a deeper answer than "the other guys didn't think it was worth their time").

One explanation they did offer is that most of their fans didn't care about anything that wasn't an LP episode and would complain if they got any sort of one-off instead of a regularly scheduled episode, so maybe I'm just more out of step than I thought.

Liam has said deadlines and schedules were a huge form of stress.

Their soloprojects didn't have such constraints.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Which podcast was that? I remember the one where Liam just straight up said Pat was an asshole unjokingly, but I think the topic was anime bullshit.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the final episode of Matt's Dante's Inferno LP now and I'm mildly amused by how Satan's dong is just flopping around, while all the titties got pasties.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
We need a new cast of Borutos to replace them in a year or two. Someone must finish the KH LP