• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
Honestly all of our LPs were absolutely ace. Barkley and SMRPG are like, top five SBFP LPs for me. We hurt each other in different ways and after a while I developed really intense anxiety and willingly chose to leave. I can still look back and appreciate when we were close, honestly.
Just wanted to say that you've become more chill when you started streaming games and I'm glad you didn't continue with SBFP if you felt uncomfortable. Just know that fans understand what you were going through and we wish you the best of luck.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting the first episode to come out sooner since they have proven to be able to put it out without Matt up to this point.

Oct 29, 2017
Oh god it is starting to settle in. Nooo

Honestly all of our LPs were absolutely ace. Barkley and SMRPG are like, top five SBFP LPs for me. We hurt each other in different ways and after a while I developed really intense anxiety and willingly chose to leave. I can still look back and appreciate when we were close, honestly.

Thanks for all the honesty, dude. Love your stuff

Dec 6, 2018
Today I've been taking things a lot better than expected. They are allowing themselves to be happier with what they are doing and we still have access to them. Things could be much worse.

I've also been having this sense that I need to have my own life instead of being so dependant on theirs, I'm 21 and there are so many things I should be doing with my time. I can't rely on them forever.

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
Today I've been taking things a lot better than expected. They are allowing themselves to be happier with what they are doing and we still have access to them. Things could be much worse.

I've also been having this sense that I need to have my own life instead of being so dependant on theirs, I'm 21 and there are so many things I should be doing with my time. I can't rely on them forever.
Good attitude. Best way to think of it is that you've got all the old stuff to go on repeat like an old TV show

Nov 3, 2017
People really going off at Liam on twitter for trying to clear the air and getting upset when it doesn't match their expectations of what they thought their relationships were like is something, these boys are crazy.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Parasocial relationships are a heck of a thing, it can be both something that's cute but also a curse. I think people are massively unfair to him tho as he doesn't even owe them an explanation in the first place, especially since some of them come out with these stupid af theories because their feelings are all over the place. Hopefully it settles down fast

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances we get the first episode of Castle Super Beast today?
unknown.png

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah makes sense, think everyone wants to just chill with their folks a bit for the holidays after high emotions

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think Pat and Woolie would continue doing Let's Plays under "Castle Superbeast" as well?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Quick question, liam keeps talking about an insensitive gif he poseted when he heard the news? what was the gif?

Atilac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This shit sucks :(
I wish them all the best of luck. I'll get my RE2 remake fix from Pat and Paige.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't going to originally, but decided it was relevant enough

There were times I was considering pushing them for the Gamer sections of the magazine but one look at the podcast episode titles would have nipped that right in the bud
I love the Rising Superstar streams

You did well on Talking Simpsons btw

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Wasn't going to originally, but decided it was relevant enough

There were times I was considering pushing them for the Gamer sections of the magazine but one look at the podcast episode titles would have nipped that right in the bud

That article's wording cracked me up and it sincerely warms my heart to know that one of the OT folks wrote it.

"Known primarily for mocking Quantic Dream games" is the best tombstone anyone could ask for.

o7

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I do wonder why they backed away from doing their more experimental shit after a while. No more Cryme Tymes, no more boxart critiques, nothing outside of the LP-and-one-off structure at all.

I assume it had to do with views, but now Matt's going to exclusively do stuff like that.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I do wonder why they backed away from doing their more experimental shit after a while. No more Cryme Tymes, no more boxart critiques, nothing outside of the LP-and-one-off structure at all.

I assume it had to do with views, but now Matt's going to exclusively do stuff like that.

Think matt has mentioned it before, but that seems too be a reason why he left was that he wanted to more creative videos instead of, say, the podcast

Just those videos never got snough views compared to what they could be doing.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I loved cryme tyme.
Didn't know they weren't popular. I was always hoping they'd do more stuff like that.

SBF just needed to get a decent schedule in order. One-offs like Cryme Tyme and Boxart shit or random games should've been once a week on the same day every week. Because they were sporadic, they often just seemed like they were getting in the way of LPs and the fanbase would get pissed off every time. People didn't really complain about FNF or SMS because they were scheduled appropriately.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
There's a part of me that wants to one up Imran but I'll never get it past my editors. Maybe I'll just mock up a front.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
SBF just needed to get a decent schedule in order. One-offs like Cryme Tyme and Boxart shit or random games should've been once a week on the same day every week.
Yeah, that was probably what they needed to do to keep it from being a problem for the audience... the problem being they hated deadlines, so they never got into that.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question: does anyone know which of the "new podcast is up" videos shows Pat wearing his sleep apnea mask?

Edit: Found it.

Last edited:

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I will jump on the train and also say thank you for all the great content you've produced, both with the others and independent. Barkley remains one of my favorite LPs and your solo stuff has been top-notch.