• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
today i felt the need to rewatch the switch reveal event with SBF

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
lol i completely forgot they spend half the splatoon 2 trailer talking about fucking amiibos

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Woolie says Jehuty is the best mech design of all time.

That's a respectable pick, but for me it's good ol' Scopedog.
Think again, Woolz.

latest

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is stilling looking for more LPers to follow, ProZD has a channel called Press Buttons 'n Talk that is a few years old. He and his friends have done Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts and Walking Dead Season One.

The one I finished watching was the first Ace Attorney. They have also done the 2nd game and are now the 3rd one right now. It was really great and entertaining and yes, at least in the Ace Attorney one I watched they voiced the characters. If you seen his Judge character in is twitter videos I think this is where he first started doing it.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is stilling looking for more LPers to follow, ProZD has a channel called Press Buttons 'n Talk that is a few years old. He and his friends have done Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts and Walking Dead Season One.

The one I finished watching was the first Ace Attorney. They have also done the 2nd game and are now the 3rd one right now. It was really great and entertaining and yes, at least in the Ace Attorney one I watched they voiced the characters. If you seen his Judge character in is twitter videos I think this is where he first started doing it.

every single LP thumbnail on Youtube looks like this.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i digitally pre ordered the REMake 2 old music edition

i paid an extra ten dollars to have old music

i feel both used and satisfied at the same time

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
The podcast isn't the same even though it's pretty much the same... I dunno if that makes any sense.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Podcast still worth listening to? Same ol Pat and Wollie banter? I can get down with that.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
honestly that's pretty tempting

my will will break sooner or later

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Podcast still worth listening to? Same ol Pat and Wollie banter? I can get down with that.

The beginning of CSB 1 was a little weird to listen to since woolie clearly wasn't feeling it, and Pat was kinda overdoing it in the opposite direction to keep the energy up. But listening to it now about an hour into it, and it feels pretty normal now. Hope it stays like that.

Also, title of the second ep has me excited.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with people, new cast feels a little weird though i can't quite put my finger on it yet. I think it's cause its playing it kind of safe? No shake up other than their plugs right in the middle which I'm fine with. I dunno, with a new clean slate it feels like a lot of the same which is both comforting and disconcerting.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think so. It's honestly exactly the same as it has been for a while, so if you liked the Friendcast it's worth listening to. That being said the vibe is kind of off for some reason I can't put my finger on (and it's not just because Matt's not there anymore).

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Kinda came here to talk about the podcast so I'ma toss my two cents in the ongoing discussion. I don't think it's that anything is missing but that they have to skirt around some stuff and that kinda gives an awkward feeling to most people. Like at some point in the last podcast Woolie nearly invokes Matt's name I believe (says Maaa....) and then corrects himself or the fact that he made Patt not use the same news song...for reasons. Otherwise I think their dynamic is still the same as it always has been in the two person podcasts.

Now I'm popping this bad boy because I'm that guy...but I can't help but feel like I agree with their Persona thoughts for the most part even if they get some of the details wrong. Example being I see people talk about the Kanji stuff and they get on the guys case with "Yeah the guys are actually kind of homophobic because they want Kanji to be gay because he likes girl stuff." I've seen this in multiple places and I'm kind of confused. Is everyone just ignoring the part where Kanji thought he was attracted to a man for a good chunk of the story? The Kanji gay stuff doesn't just come from his shadow and dungeon.

Or the general uneasiness they get from 5 because a lot of the side stories have the structure of "And the phantom theives used their power and everyone lived happily ever after!" and hardly ever feel like they deal with the gravity of the situation. Then you get people who say things like "lol looking at an eastern story with a western perspective the guys are kind of racist huh?" or they just harp on the details they got wrong and my eyes roll. I unno the reaction whenever they talk about Persona really bothers me.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Im not going to follow the new podcast. I enjoyed the times I had with the old ones but they were too long.

I just can"t do three plus hour podcasts. That shit is way too much.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
god matt is so good when he a) cares and b) is with someone he can play off super good

he's like dan ryckert but with less really really weird blind spots

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the subreddit, looks like they Got It Wrong about persona 4 so that sounds... Fun

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
they've certainly riled up people, which is impressive for the second week back

i feel like i've been fighting in the persona 4 interpretation mines for years, i might take a break from that...

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a sampler of the podcast for those who haven't jumped back in:

Yeah, Im not going to follow the new podcast. I enjoyed the times I had with the old ones but they were too long.

I just can"t do three plus hour podcasts. That shit is way too much.
Listen to them at work. They're perfect for background chatter while you do boring shit (unless it's on a saw).

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
NPdXepz.jpg

Woolie at the MK event. Was this event invite only?

And cool to see Xavier in his tweets, I remember his guest appearance on the podcast as him kinda seeming bored or uninterested for most of it.