• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Pat: "Impregnating a woman is only hot if you plan on leaving after"

Never has one man been so wrong in so many different ways

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
So Pat realizes the adaptive difficulty means that reloading your game is a total waste of time right? it also means on normal you might as well just spend the resources you have.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Is Woolie aware that a decent portion of his fan base is full of a bunch of 4chan shitbags? Now to be fair, the worse I see of this stuff is generally during the podcast that I sometimes tune into as opposed to his twitch channel, and maybe it's just a large gathering of Pat fans that convene together to watch because Pat is part of it. And we know Pat doesn't give a fuck who pays his rent as long as they're not openly shouting terrible things, but it's still real bad.

They're doing the podcast right now, and you should've seen the chat light up after Woolie mentioned the Switch Scalebound rumor and had the resetera thread on screen. Chat was freaking out with "SJWERA" and "RESETERA IS FAKE NEWS", stuff like that.

Some people were also acting a bit let's say questionable in regards to the news about Reuben Langdon getting shot at in Guatemala.

Oh boy, and now they're talking about the Catherine news and the chat once again being great. Mods literally had to put it in emote mode.

Like I can spot people in the chat calling the others out on this stuff but they're definitely the minority.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is Woolie aware that a decent portion of his fan base is full of a bunch of 4chan shitbags? Now to be fair, the worse I see of this stuff is generally during the podcast that I sometimes tune into as opposed to his twitch channel, and maybe it's just a large gathering of Pat fans that convene together to watch because Pat is part of it. And we know Pat doesn't give a fuck who pays his rent as long as they're not openly shouting terrible things, but it's still real bad.

They're doing the podcast right now, and you should've seen the chat light up after Woolie mentioned the Switch Scalebound rumor and had the resetera thread on screen. Chat was freaking out with "SJWERA" and "RESETERA IS FAKE NEWS", stuff like that.

Some people were also acting a bit let's say questionable in regards to the news about Reuben Langdon getting shot at in Guatemala.

Oh boy, and now they're talking about the Catherine news and the chat once again being great. Mods literally had to put it in emote mode.

Like I can spot people in the chat calling the others out on this stuff but they're definitely the minority.

when they bought up the Catherine stuff the chat was the worst it's ever been

literally saw shit like "TRANS AND GAY PEOPLE ARE A MENTAL DISORDER" and other shit of that nature.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018

when they bought up the Catherine stuff the chat was the worst it's ever been

literally saw shit like "TRANS AND GAY PEOPLE ARE A MENTAL DISORDER" and other shit of that nature.
Yeah just caught this shit, chat was being horrific. And these aren't just rando twitch chat, a good amount of them were subbed to this channel and pat's.
I think I overheard Pat saying 'I trust chat' in regards to taking them off emote mode.
I don't think he'd say that if he saw how much transphobe garbage was being openly dumped on there.

Deleted member 49770

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2018
I don't think he'd say that if he saw how much transphobe garbage was being openly dumped on there.

So disappointing. Liam really wasn't kidding when he said he had to face that shit a lot when he was part of SBF. At least he has the courage to call that shit out when it occurs as rarely as it does in his own chat.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, I'm really thankful for Liam's twitch and moderation as his streams are always chill and very pleasant. I cannot watch any of Pat, and even Woolie's streams live because it's just filled to the brim with transphobic, homophobic and other forms of bigotry. And at this point they just don't know what to do about it (as the podcast chat goes really fast) or just don't care (which would suck)

I understand a bit better why people like TieTuesday clamp a lot harder on their chat rules now (as slightly annoying as it can be when it's chill), because it can devolve veeeery fast

In other news, while a lot of DMC has been going on, i've been labbing a bit in Daemon X Machina, and I gotta say the game really isn't as slow as the first reports would make it look like. It definitively can use some polish in some areas but as a streamlined Armored Core, once you start getting used to more and more of the mechanics, you can pull off some REALLY cool stuff

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I understand a bit better why people like TieTuesday clamp a lot harder on their chat rules now (as slightly annoying as it can be when it's chill), because it can devolve veeeery fast
I watch TieTuesday occasionally too, and I've really come to appreciate how he handles his chat through his mods. It's very "no tolerance" in shitty behavior and spam, and makes it a lot more fun to chat along with.

The only other person I frequent is Voidburger, but her chat almost never has any major issues, tho the mods keep on top of any that crop up.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The SBFP fanbase always had a big overlap with 4chan. That's why the ugly side of it always seems to come out whenever any sort of controversy comes up

SethSeries

Dec 16, 2018
So was the actual discussion on the podcast fairly respectful? I'm still mildly weary about Pat after he stanned Mark Kern.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
The discussion is fairly innocuous (also Pat doesn't really "stan" Mark Kern. He didn't know who Mark Kern was prior to rting him).

I do appreciate that they decided wilfully to tackle it while most of their chat going "SHUT UP", and they're pretty cognitive of the issue so don't worry about it.

Last edited:

SethSeries

Dec 16, 2018
The discussion is fairly innocuous (also Pat doesn't really "stan" Mark Kern. He didn't know who Mark Kern was prior to rting him).

I do appreciate that they decided wilfully to tackle it while most of their chat going "SHUT UP", and they're pretty cognitive of the issue so don't worry about it.

Yeah thanks for the heads up. Stan is a bad word, but it was still kind of a bad look.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
So one of pat's recent rants about For Honor getting updated got me back in and holy shit this game is real good again on console. Not sure how the PC version is, but they fixed just about everything I had a problem with on PS4 and the new character is exactly my play style... Between this and Titanfall2 getting it's second wind it's been real cool to see both games suddenly repopulate over the last few weeks.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Wooof, I don't even wanna imagine what the chat was like for the catherine discussion.

Especially given Woolie's and Pat's stance.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you know your chat situation is bad when its mentioned on the audio version of the podcast

woof, hope they do something about it

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's uncomfortable, realizing you're part of a toxic community. Even the channel literally dying didn't make me want to unfollow and unsub from the subreddit; if Woolie and Pat ignore it and pretend it's not an issue, then I dunno.

No idea what chat was like when they briefly spoke about the charity stream, but Pat's chat during the game awards definitely made me steer clear of his personal fanbase. Finding out it's not even a new thing, but been like as recently as Laura Kate Dale's guesting on the podcast, just bites.

They have to realize it's an issue at this point, right?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i'm glad the resetera haven for SBF is here because otherwise, honestly, I would have jumped a long time ago.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Wooof, I don't even wanna imagine what the chat was like for the catherine discussion.

Especially given Woolie's and Pat's stance.

Their stance was fairly milquetoast even. Anyone who thought that was already too much can safely be written off as garbage people you don't want to have as supporters anyway.

I think Twitch chat is just beyond saving outside of putting chat in sub only mode and booting everyone being an asshole, which is probably too much work.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, what did they mention in the audio version? I only watched the stream.

SethSeries

Dec 16, 2018
So basically there are multiple mentions of "Hey yall we are gonna talk about this and it's important" from woolie. They got a lot of pushback for handling the topic with what I would call an incredible amount of grace. Like, I'm legitimately happy with how they handled it and it really set some of the worry I had aside.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did they say specifically about the chat? I haven't hadn't a chance to listen yet. I'm surprised they called it out at all to be honest. They've always turned a blind eye to it.
they pretty mentioned the chat saying "shut up" about the catherine segment and what not thats been mentioned before in the thread and then pat mentions that the mods can turn off emoji only mode in the chat

probably some lazy left-ins but still kind of shows how annoyed they were by the chat for that segment that it bled into the audio version

edit: woolie added a segment to state when spoilers were coming in during pat's bathroom break so its not like the audio version isnt edited with

theyve been sort of talking about the chat since like the second or even first episode i think so its never been like theyve turned a blind eye to it but its def something they ignore most of the time. i think they only look at it for on-air corrections. wouldn't be surprised if they begin to crack down on it next week or something.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeah that stuff was in the live version. I really doubt they noticed just how awful chat was at the time because it was moving a mile a minute.

Fallen92

Oct 26, 2017
California
It's a rough situation to be in really, I understand why Liam left and I think he was better off for it. The end of the best friends could have been a good way to get a new start but the way things went they just inherited the sbfp fan base which generally hasn't been great for a while.

I honestly don't know what they can do, if they address it I feel that it really wouldn't do much but cause a ruckus for a bit and then things would go back to normal. The only solution would be to heavily moderate chat and be more active in reading and calling it out but I assume that it may be too much work and would be something that they don't seem interested in doing. I also think that they treat the podcast as a pre recorded production first and foremost and that's why they avoid chat and is why they don't mention them so that the editing is easier.

Oct 25, 2017
you know your chat situation is bad when its mentioned on the audio version of the podcast

woof, hope they do something about it

Honestly I've always thought the twitch chat was trash. Woolie calling them out periodically has really hammered home to me how awful it is.

i'm glad the resetera haven for SBF is here because otherwise, honestly, I would have jumped a long time ago.

You're welcome.