• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Aug 27, 2018
I started watching the Bloodborne playthrough Pat and Woolie did again and was thinking to myself "it would be cool if they did this again for Sekiro"...then I got farther in to the series, now I think it's best if they don't do this again.

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on the RE2 streams and between Pat telling Woolie everything and Woolie reloading saves constantly I'm just not feeling it? It hasn't been the LP replacement I was hoping for.

Also is Plague a permanent fixture on Woolie figures it out? I thought there was going to be more guests. I don't mind Plague in small doses but I can only handle so much.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
Also is Plague a permanent fixture on Woolie figures it out? I thought there was going to be more guests. I don't mind Plague in small doses but I can only handle so much.
I think it's just Woolie wanted to discuss with someone on failed or abandoned creative projects. Maybe he'll find other creative folks to talk about what worked and what didn't?

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on the RE2 streams and between Pat telling Woolie everything and Woolie reloading saves constantly I'm just not feeling it? It hasn't been the LP replacement I was hoping for.

I believe the reason is that Plague is good at analyzing and dissecting weaknesses in things.

Oct 25, 2017
Plague is also a creative person who does a lot of creative stuff. For example, this podcast Plague talks about a novel he wrote before youtube took off.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Plague is also a creative person who does a lot of creative stuff. For example, this podcast Plague talks about a novel he wrote before youtube took off.
I believe the reason is that Plague is good at analyzing and dissecting weaknesses in things.
Yeah, between these two points I thought Plague was the perfect person to be a more or less permanent fixture of the podcast. It's been a real fascinating set of episodes thus far.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, the Cliffy B segment with Pat talking about how much he wanted to get into a spat with Ice T.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Started listening to Woolie Will Figure It Out, in the hopes I would get some good life advice as we share similar creative drives that are also crippled by doubt and anxiety.

Three episodes in he brings up a lot of very good points, but the big issue for me is that it seems a big component of his advice is having feedback from the community to help urge him forward/improve.

The advice itself is totally sound, but the issue here is that Woolie is a popular online figure that CAN get a lot of feedback from people. Whereas someone like me struggles to get any kind of acknowledgement whenever I put forth something in a creative aspect; my YouTube vids seem to turn up over a 100 views if I'm lucky, and I get zero feedback whenever I upload a new podcast episode.

So because my social circle is so small (both online and out), I'm left to stew under my own pot of self-doubt. Still a great podcast I'll be listening to, but it does make me envious that Woolie's got such a wide support group to help him through his troubled times.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
On the one hand, im loving the girthier podcast lengths, on the other, Ive caught myself completely tuned out of the first 40 minutes of the last 3 podcasts.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Started listening to Woolie Will Figure It Out, in the hopes I would get some good life advice as we share similar creative drives that are also crippled by doubt and anxiety.

Three episodes in he brings up a lot of very good points, but the big issue for me is that it seems a big component of his advice is having feedback from the community to help urge him forward/improve.

The advice itself is totally sound, but the issue here is that Woolie is a popular online figure that CAN get a lot of feedback from people. Whereas someone like me struggles to get any kind of acknowledgement whenever I put forth something in a creative aspect; my YouTube vids seem to turn up over a 100 views if I'm lucky, and I get zero feedback whenever I upload a new podcast episode.

So because my social circle is so small (both online and out), I'm left to stew under my own pot of self-doubt. Still a great podcast I'll be listening to, but it does make me envious that Woolie's got such a wide support group to help him through his troubled times.
The thing is that there's no easy answer here. Yes, he's got a community to fall back on, but only because he built one up over years. Out of curiousity, what sort of advertisement do you do for your content? Because that will make a huge amount of difference as well. Otherwise, your best bet is just to keep getting involved in more and more creative circles and try to find some people who can help get your work out there in addition to whatever you're already doing to advertise yourself.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The thing is that there's no easy answer here. Yes, he's got a community to fall back on, but only because he built one up over years. Out of curiousity, what sort of advertisement do you do for your content? Because that will make a huge amount of difference as well. Otherwise, your best bet is just to keep getting involved in more and more creative circles and try to find some people who can help get your work out there in addition to whatever you're already doing to advertise yourself.

I'll post on Twitter, and also post in threads here if it's relevant to the discussion (I'm still not entirely sure if it's okay, but since the videos aren't monetized and I haven't been reprimanded I assume it's fine), and that's about it.

You're right that if I was more active and reached out more I'd probably amass more of a community, but that goes back to my lack of self-confidence about going "all in" on something. Both the videos and podcasts have been a "for fun" hobby that I dabble in when I have the time and/or interest. If it were possible to make a living off either I would get more serious about it, but if I went with that mindset from the start I would be burnt out altogether.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The THQ Nordic story is just incredible. Imagine doubling down on being both incompetent and vile.

If I could be honest, I was hoping for a tripling down.

No apology, change their logo into an avatar with an anime little girl dressed like a nazi, announce plans for a game starring Trump as the hero, tell Sony to go to hell when they delist all their games...

I was hoping to see them dump the whole can of gasoline on themselves.

Ryan7556

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
If I could be honest, I was hoping for a tripling down.

No apology, change their logo into an avatar with an anime little girl dressed like a nazi, announce plans for a game starring Trump as the hero, tell Sony to go to hell when they delist all their games...

I was hoping to see them dump the whole can of gasoline on themselves.

Well you could say it's happening somewhat with that PR guy trying to paint himself as a victim:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...hite-supremacist.102061/page-46#post-18326547

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well you could say it's happening somewhat with that PR guy trying to paint himself as a victim:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...hite-supremacist.102061/page-46#post-18326547

That's more of a (very pathetic and very false) back down, the equivalent of the guy rolling his eyes as he publicly apologizes.

I wanted to see him get on the stand and flip everyone off instead. The complete burning of every bridge.

It's a shame because I enjoyed the Battle Chasers game.

Oct 25, 2017

It's already been mentioned, but as a fellow creative (writes a lot of short stories) finding a community of people who do the same as you is always a good idea. It should be kept in mind, when Woolie and friends talk about getting input they are not referring to their fans, but other creatives. That's why Woolie, of everyone he knew, got Plague to do it. Plague puts out a bunch of art, and is arguably the most creative person in the extended zaibatsu universe. Point is, find other small-time youtubers I guess?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's already been mentioned, but as a fellow creative (writes a lot of short stories) finding a community of people who do the same as you is always a good idea. It should be kept in mind, when Woolie and friends talk about getting input they are not referring to their fans, but other creatives. That's why Woolie, of everyone he knew, got Plague to do it. Plague puts out a bunch of art, and is arguably the most creative person in the extended zaibatsu universe. Point is, find other small-time youtubers I guess?

I actually attempted that with a separate thread not too long ago, but got virtually no replies.

There was a discord made for video/LP/streaming advice and feedback, but it's also rather small.

It would be great if I aligned myself with more well known channels that talk about similar things I do like FF Union or Lifestream (not NSP, his thumbnails are maximum cringe), but I wouldn't know how to "reach out" to them.

But again, I tend to dabble in different things without commiting to a sole platform. I often debate if that's a good thing or not, but most of the time I feel "directionless" for not commiting more to something.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
If Pat and Woolie ever talked about the THQ stuff (which I don't think they will), be prepared to find people siding with THQ saying it's not wrong or whatever dumb reason.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
v has come to
jFpFwdR.png

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You know most of their fans won't like any thq talk cause of their persona talk and catherine talk.

Their discussion of the failings of persona's s links is their most disliked video by far

And I guarantee of woolie uploaded the catherine talk it'd be way more dislikes than even that.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so judging from that last uploaded clip I didn't miss much, I know better than to hear out Pat about shit like this and those quotation marks say it all.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it could work as long as releasing quality games afterwards removed your quotation marks.