• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I enjoyed that long ass podcast. I love how they dunked on DMC 4 Kyrie (IIRC, she doesn't fucking talk once until literally the last few cutscenes), although Pat's supposed Vergil apologism is pretty much him just pointing out a technicality that writers love to abuse so they can do face turns with villains.

The whole bit about not getting super specific references to American history/culture was good too, although you could really go places when you realize that there's a whole lot of shit going on in the US that the rest of the world literally gives zero fucks about.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I kinda agree with Woolie's interpretation and that this the best possible outcome for Vergil- Exiled from the human world and ceasing his portal opening days.

But I also agree with Pat that there's enough technicality that you could potentially close one and a half eyes to Vergil's antics.

It's insane how much value Nero brings to the two brother- supposedly pulled Dante out of depression (if you want to believe that school of thought) and might even inspire Vergil to actually give a shit about something other than power.

D1_270WVYAAplJX.jpg:large

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
That DMC spoilercast was really something, kinda have a bigger appreciation for the ending now. Also that flat earth people discussion was hilarious.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really like them interacting with chat now. It's always good for a laugh, even when Woolie is in the wrong (that TTGL x DitF movie was totally fake, was a parody article).

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
kamiya found a platinumcoin

i listen to SBF while banging my head against bloody palace and it's a good time. this whole language thing is great

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I will back Woolie up and say I've never heard of Hands Across America either despite being American.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Jesus. Just finished this week's episode and pat off-handedly mentioning "Uh-oh, tonights a night I accidentally clicked on the Adeptus Mechanicus link on the WH40k wiki" occurred the day after I did literally the same thing and lost my whole night to it... Just found the specificity of the situation bizarre.

Ryan7556

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
So I brought this up in the discord, but imagine what things would be like if characters from Devil May Cry were in place of the original cast of Ace Attorney.

E.g. Dante as the defense and Vergil as the prosection.

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 2 episode behind. I'll need to catch up. I need to watch Mob now that it's done. And the new wanpan.

Too much media to consume.
Mob's finale was amazing, made me cry. It's amazing that a show can be so genuine and merciless at the same time!

also i literally didn't know about the new one punch, so thanks!

as far as keeping up to date on things i ususally have a tab opened to any page that has a timer for when the episode comes out so i dont forget. helps that i don't really watch a lot of stuff, usually just two shows at a time at the most. Jojo and Mob going on at the same time is actually the first time i've been following two anime at the same time as it comes out, usually it's something like game of thrones or twin peaks.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Part 5 is generally considered pretty good up until the weak ending. Granted maybe David Production can alleviate those concerns.

Varjet

Oct 27, 2017
What's Woolie's beef with Unite Hand. He doesn't really like using Guts anymore either, judging by the latest episode.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Man the w101 playthrough is really making me hankering for a switch version. That game is fucking great.

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
I love Woolies W101 Play through.
Between the sad stories of a game developer and their dad or the horrible work culture of Japan, while crazy nonsense unfolds onscreen is great dissonance.
Also he left his sync test in for some reason.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can I get some recommendations on recent streams/LPs that the guys have done since parting ways?

I loved the DMCV LP since it felt like a "lost" episode of SBF, but haven't seen much else.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
the w101 stream is wonderful and not just because the game is wonderful

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Can I get some recommendations on recent streams/LPs that the guys have done since parting ways?

I loved the DMCV LP since it felt like a "lost" episode of SBF, but haven't seen much else.
Go back and watch Woolie/Liam play Nier Automata. Like, right now...
Matt's Ace Attorney stream is fantastic.
Woolie's Sekiro and Wonderful 101 LP's are both shaping up to be fantastic.
Pat's Vampire the Mascaraed: Bloodlines stream on his channel and the Undertale/Deltarune and Portal 1 & 2 LPs on Paige's channel featuring pat trying not to kill himself while the simplest of puzzles are failed for hours are all real good.

Also, for those who didn't see, appears Woolie's still under the weather:

Last edited:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't be there for the stream so a 6 hour podcast means the audio version will get put up even later, someone other than Woolie needs to do that for health-safety reasons.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I wonder how long until Capcom would be allow to officially show Vergil from DMC5 in marketing material

Like if they announced a new Darkstalkers game at E3, are they allow to use Vergil as a guest character?

Oct 25, 2017
New Wha Happun is Colonial Marines. Can't wait for that shit!

Watching L.A Noire LP. Does Woolie ever figure out the run button during combat.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how long until Capcom would be allow to officially show Vergil from DMC5 in marketing material

Like if they announced a new Darkstalkers game at E3, are they allow to use Vergil as a guest character?

they're probably already free to do so given they put him in the legacy trailer. he was basically a worst-kept secret.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I care about Woolie's health like everyone, BUT what if.. Sony got in contact with Woolie this week about the "let's playstation"-phrase he dropped once and Sony was like "fuck, that's too good" and wants that trademarked for next-gen and went to settle this with a bunch of money. Would make for a great story
edit: even funnier with slowbeef being in proximity to the origin of let's plays