• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of weird tid bits from Pats Twitter, but the craziest one is he hated the MGSV lp.

I can see it. Not only was he not on the controls which is the 'good bit' of that game, the game itself gives you nothing to work with shite open world/story/cutscene/hype moment wise. Can't have been much fun at all.

Good to see Disonored-chat is still raging on. Next podcast is gonna be a 5 hour dishonored cast isn't it?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably for the best since they probably didn't want to ahve to commit themselves to the dozen side games that are important to the story.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Man, Pat is mental. It's nuts how someone can love games so much and yet let his neurosis suck all the fun out of them 70% of the time.

I had a friend who, when Dark Souls 3 came out, drove himself absolutely insane trying to find the "right" weapon to start with, because he insisted that he didn't want to play through the game to eventually find the weapon he truly wanted. He wanted to be able to pick it early, see how it "felt" and then play through the whole game that way, no exceptions. So he ended up going through a two-week long neurotic episode of obsessively playing and re-playing the beginning of the game right up until the start of the Crucifixion Woods with every different class and possible starting weapon in the opening zone to see if one clicked with him, but then after playing the same thing over and over so many times, he got fed up and quit because he said it was boring.

Everytime Pat has one of these weird hang-up episodes on something completely minor or arbitrary of think of that. Some people are truly unique.

RIP In Pieces to the P5 playthrough we never got.

Arguably as big of a loss as when they went their separate ways altogether.

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
The P5 LP would have been awful and even they know it, so frankly I'm glad it died before it became a millstone around their necks

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
if hype was the only factor w101 would have more then 7k viewers ;__;

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for w101 to finish before catching up to it. Where are they at now?

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Hopped right on time for flat-earthing.

Also glad to go in blind with the current Pat-capade, because thank god for Woolie reactions:

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
My problem with the podcast isn't the length, or even how rambly it is, but the self-righteousness of it. I feel like the echo-chamber that CSB is becoming is going to push me away one day.

Say what you will about Matt on the podcast during the SBFP-cast days, but he was the anchor of the group; weighting everyone down but kept them afloat & stable. At least enough to prevent a boat from becoming a fucking rocket-ship...

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
My problem with the podcast isn't the length, or even how rambly it is, but the self-righteousness of it. I feel like the echo-chamber that CSB is becoming is going to push me away one day.

Say what you will about Matt on the podcast during the SBFP-cast days, but he was the anchor of the group; weighting everyone down but kept them afloat & stable. At least enough to prevent a boat from becoming a fucking rocket-ship...

My impression is that was kind of Liam's role too, though he ended up getting a lot of flak for "contrarianism".

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah I can't with the podcast anymore.

It's sheer nonsense, and too self indulgent. And they know it, they wanna run the joke with it. But at this point it just comes off not anymore as a group of people talking about stuff that happened and cracking funny jokes. It's coming off as two people increasingly trying to validate themselves and going through more and more weird tangents as part of their brand and I just can't do fucking 4-5 hours of that. Even as a side listen while I work.

Like I enjoy their individual content but some of these tangents is starting to go into some weird places

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can't with the podcast anymore.

It's sheer nonsense, and too self indulgent. And they know it, they wanna run the joke with it. But at this point it just comes off not anymore as a group of people talking about stuff that happened and cracking funny jokes. It's coming off as two people increasingly trying to validate themselves and going through more and more weird tangents as part of their brand and I just can't do fucking 4-5 hours of that. Even as a side listen while I work.

Like I enjoy their individual content but some of these tangents is starting to go into some weird places

Self-indulgent is the perfect word for it.

convo

Oct 25, 2017

Plague was pretty good on the Wooliewillfigureitout podcast and generally in his guest appearances, in stopping Woolie and co from bolting on "headcanon" explanations to stuff, pointing out that most of their talk is supposition.
Their attempts at explaining King Crimson often bring on their thoughts about Scientific concepts that are never part of the actual fictional Jojo lore and were never really mentioned in it. Figuring out the logic of a fight in a story may seem universal but you can easily fall into the trap of over-riding the rules of the fiction with your own preferences, by being forgetful and simply not paying attention or relying on outdated info.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
At least I'm loving Pat, Woolie and Matt's output individually. Loved Pat's little scuttle in Binding of Isaac recently. Woolie's W101 is pretty entertaining and Matt's edited content on MK is just a treat because he's just enjoying himself so much.

(also shoutout to liam for always doing neat stuff with smaller games)

It's just really the podcast at this point and I guess that's just not for me anymore. Ironically I like when Plague is around cuz Plague can actually shut down those tangents pretty hard

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't blame them for being this self-indulgent, they need ways to air their grievances about the world and at the very least they have enough common sense in not being the worst people around. They can easily fall back on the excuse of being a couple of idiot youtubers that know nothing, like when those responses about shutting the fuck up about your fan-remakes started to come in from lawyers. It's more like Woolie has no idea how to make Pat stop, and Woolie loves and i mean actually loves cringe and failed bits that go nowhere because there is no time to stop.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Oh yeah no i totally get a bit of venting, and that's super entertaining.

However just ilke in real life, a few hours in it can get preeeetty old. Especially when one of the two is crazy