• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Is this good? What does it mean? I don't know who RT are.

It's good for them since RT will give them more financial security and will make/sell merch for them.

Also there are probably going to be more collab videos like these

I'm pretty happy with this, since I thought Woolie and Pat had great chemistry with the people from AH

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
from the link in the tweet

But the most exciting thing of all? Everyone I just mentioned is coming to RTX 2019!

Pat's gonna die, Austin is hot af during rtx

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I sort of called it back when the crossover first happened.

So when does Woolie get to be on GenLock?

Oct 25, 2017
It's good for them since RT will give them more financial security and will make/sell merch for them.

Also there are probably going to be more collab videos like these

I'm pretty happy with this, since I thought Woolie and Pat had great chemistry with the people from AH

Oh Yeah I remember this. I always thought they'd announce joining up after these vids. Wonder if the SBF falling out put a spanner in the works?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Pleasantly surprised, but not totally.

Now to anticipate the massive backlash they get from their fanbase from joining a severely left leaning company.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised they kept this under wraps for so long

And yeah, the twitch chat was unsurprisingly terrible during that segment. Mods had to make it subscriber only during it

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I hope they get Sphere Hunter, Clemps or MightyKeef on as guests. Definitely need some new blood to break up the dynamic a bit.
Clemps. Sphere, Spy, and Plague I'm all for in any situation. Keef's kind of hit or miss though. Dude's got some top tier opinions on fighting games, but some real shit ones when it comes to anything concerning women.

Last edited:

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Started watching Woolie's LP of Wonderful 101, and it really makes me want to dive back into the game (only played a small amount on Wii U).

Has there been any hints or mentions at all that tease the possibility of a Switch port? Aside from reconnecting my Wii U I really would like to play an improved version with a more stable framerate and other QoL features.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I knew the moment they mentioned her that twitch probably became a massive shitshow.

And every time I wonder to myself about that audience "Do you fuckwads not realize the people you're following?"
It kind of feels like Twitch is just where terrible people gather, their twitter and resetera fanbases seem pretty chill in comparison.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think the podcast has been pretty dang good lately, but I like the random tangents. Same reason why I like the bombcast: I'm there to listen to them talk about random bullshit, not games.

Only thing that's a bummer is I'm constantly reminded that a significant portion of a fanbase kinda sucks ass? I'm not even sure how they've gathered so many 4chan/gamergater types to begin with. They've always seemed pretty left leaning the few times they mention any political stuff.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Only thing that's a bummer is I'm constantly reminded that a significant portion of a fanbase kinda sucks ass? I'm not even sure how they've gathered so many 4chan/gamergater types to begin with. They've always seemed pretty left leaning the few times they mention any political stuff.

They steered well clear of any gamergate stuff back when it was at its peak. As such the fanbase was never put in a position to confront itself over it, if that makes sense. Everyone just kind of assumed they were all on the same "side". You'd see very little gamergate related stuff in the subreddit (and the mods were pretty good about dealing with it when it came up), but a lot of related topics like sexualisation or problematic content in some games tended to cause a lot of arguments that wouldn't have sprung up if it was a hivemind. There's the perception that it's gotten worse, especially on their Twitch channels, but I don't know if it's just that some of their gamergate supporting fanbase are more vocal about it these days.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I assume Pat being an "Angry Gamer" attracted them since that seems to be the trend for these things.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
I assume Pat being an "Angry Gamer" attracted them since that seems to be the trend for these things.

It's super common for this kind of thing to happen too, it's not just related to SBF. Some people aren't exactly the brightest and don't see beyond the performative persona a person has. I know Jim Sterling has always had a nasty element to his fanbase because he also has an "angry dictator" persona and even Jeff Gerstmann has idiots that follow him that think he's "one of them" because he had a more working class upbringing and a very direct way of expressing his opinions on video games.

Honestly for as annoying as some sections of any fanbase are, it's relatively easy to avoid them. You just follow the usual golden rules of "ignore the chat/comments sections."

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up taking a break from the podcast for a few weeks and I'm glad I did because I enjoyed the giant 6 hour one quite a bit. Also I really love this new world where chat gets thrown under the bus near constantly. It's great. Also Also I super relate to Pat's trying to deal with his crazy through video games. That said, videogame therapy is never a good substitute for real therapy kids. Talk to a professional.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
You know how Funhaus got their own animated series Sex Swing that got cancelled after a season? What if we got a Chewie and Fuckface animated series that got cancelled after its first season as well?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
persona's fanbase mystifies me sometimes. was watching the live last night and all through get up get out there on the twitchchat was dickheads saying hurdurr kotaku and then just yelling out the r-slur

like yeah kotaku fucked up, but at least they fucked up earnestly. you're just a pack of imbeciles doing the equivalent of shouting "TRIGGERED". and ya'll a fan of the persona franchise? ya'll the exact type of dimwits the thieves would be targeting down in momentos

still, it's twitchchat

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Yeah I think the podcast has been pretty dang good lately, but I like the random tangents. Same reason why I like the bombcast: I'm there to listen to them talk about random bullshit, not games.

Yup, that's the way I feel about it. If I want game talk, I'll watch an LP. I'm more hear for the stupid stuff they discuss vaguely relating to games and their weeks.

As for the horrible fanbase... it's a video game channel/podcast. A good bit of that just comes with the territory, unfortunately. They'll latch on to something related to their gaming interest and then be a stain upon every other aspect of the community from there.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Pat and Woolie were bought it Rooster teeth

Matt is a solo Patreon boy

Liam is going back to school

What do we call this Brave New Era?