Super Best Friends |OT| The Space Traitor ERA

SENPAIatLARGE

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been avoiding all things Pat after finding out Paige is a shit-stain that he keeps in his life and defends, but I just heard about him and Woolie joining RT so I wanted to come in and ask if there's been an update on that, or if Pat and Paige are still, well, that?
Paige has come to bat for the very things people accuse her of being against. I repeatedly see her be in support of trans rights, charities and folks but the people here that decided to cancel her haven't been paying attention. Somehow y'all are shocked that a man will believe and defend his girlfriend over randos on era.

Oct 25, 2017
Paige has come to bat for the very things people accuse her of being against. I repeatedly see her be in support of trans rights, charities and folks but the people here that decided to cancel her haven't been paying attention. Somehow y'all are shocked that a man will believe and defend his girlfriend over randos on era.
For the record: a lot of us did notice and we were like "Yeah that's good" so I don't know where youve been.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I have noticed that she's been supporting the transgender community, so it's great that she's no longer a TERF (or so it seems). But I also heard here that she supports a lot of alt-righters, has she also cast those associates aside?

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
By the way i'm super happy that Matt has been doing so much fun MK stuff and now doing the MK11 story mode. There's a lot of cool stuff happening and i'm giddy to see him react

Also Pat did a MK11 story stream which was also super fun, and Maximilian as well.

I think I might rewatch their old MK lps for the fun of it

SENPAIatLARGE

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
By the way i'm super happy that Matt has been doing so much fun MK stuff and now doing the MK11 story mode. There's a lot of cool stuff happening and i'm giddy to see him react

Also Pat did a MK11 story stream which was also super fun, and Maximilian as well.

I think I might rewatch their old MK lps for the fun of it
I watched them in the lead up to 11 and they are both still great.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Woolie likes to Galaxy brain it up, by which i mean overthinking stuff, and Pat's rebukes are too high level for Woolie to learn a lesson from. Someone who could eloquently present counter points like a Liam or Plague could really help his thought process along. It's funny to look at skewed perspectives like people who only play Smash and have no other comparison point in other fighting games, but these two guys also have clear biases and blind spots that make extreme tangents into the unknown a jarring experience for everyone involved.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Sonic is proof that Gangsta's paradise was the inferior meme choice.

Just like walk like Egyptian was proof that holy Diver was the inferior Part 3 meme choice.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic is proof that Gangsta's paradise was the inferior meme choice.

Just like walk like Egyptian was proof that holy Diver was the inferior Part 3 meme choice.
Meme choices and Araki's tastes don't always line up, he sets trends himself. Araki does for a fact choose the ending themes.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the trailer and not only is it hilariously bad, but holy shit, they got Colonel Saul Tigh for this shit?

That said, seeing 90s era Jim Carrey back in action is oddly nostalgic.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Gangster’s Paradise will forever be the choice for which they should have gone. Nothing will change that.

Freek’N you is pretty good tho.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
I also take back everything i've said about the podcast because that baby metacritic pit bit was the most amazing thing I've heard in a while and I bursted out laughing in my office

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoyed this cast.

Having a EndGame Spoiler-Talk with what amounted to Mindcrushing Over-Thought verses Critical-Mass Not-Giving-A-Fuck was great.

I also take back everything i've said about the podcast because that baby metacritic pit bit was the most amazing thing I've heard in a while and I bursted out laughing in my office
The Crunch-Baby-Supreme bit was the best bit I've hear in a long while. Bless them.

Birdie

Oct 26, 2017
Oh neat...Dood showcases all the Fatalities against Deborah as the blue blood doesn't flag the censors like in Matt's video.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
The sonic movie reminded me of Plague explaining old Sallybones to Woolie, i gotta refind that bit

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Listening to the podcast bit about crunch and shit and i am just wondering why on earth Woolie can't just admit that unions would be good to have in the games industry and not go on this long "big picture" thing about how society in general isnt fair. Like, dude, what is wrong with talking about the obvious logical first step the industry could take towards becoming better for its workers? Making the world a fairer place requires working towards small improvements.

It just feels like he's doing everything possible to make it seem like there's nothing anyone can do and its completely hopeless and why even bother thinking about solutions.

And the way the discussion was framed around the respawn news makes it feel like he's trying to justify why he feels upset about the titanfall projects being delayed by acting like their stated reasoning for delaying it is bullshit or fake or something.

The thesis seems to be "so that's why they should just hire more people and work them just as badly as everyone else does so i can get my video game that i want", what with all the ways he talks about how convenient and nice it is to be a consumer of the products of the industry's churn.

I don't for a second think he's consciously trying to say that, but it does feel like he didnt know when to stop talking or admit he was just following his subconscious in an unknown direction. This didn't need to be a giant part of the podcast. Literally nothing is actually being said other than "the world is cruel and complex", and it (probably unintentionally) made him sound like he wouldn't support game industry unions if they were widespread.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at my life and realize there's nothing left...

EDIT:

12 years ago...

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
And yet she's friends and works with Dick Masterson.

People that judge her? They can continue to do so pretty comfortably as long as she keeps doing that.

He's absolute trash.

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the podcast bit about crunch and shit and i am just wondering why on earth Woolie can't just admit that unions would be good to have in the games industry and not go on this long "big picture" thing about how society in general isnt fair. Like, dude, what is wrong with talking about the obvious logical first step the industry could take towards becoming better for its workers? Making the world a fairer place requires working towards small improvements.

It just feels like he's doing everything possible to make it seem like there's nothing anyone can do and its completely hopeless and why even bother thinking about solutions.

And the way the discussion was framed around the respawn news makes it feel like he's trying to justify why he feels upset about the titanfall projects being delayed by acting like their stated reasoning for delaying it is bullshit or fake or something.

The thesis seems to be "so that's why they should just hire more people and work them just as badly as everyone else does so i can get my video game that i want", what with all the ways he talks about how convenient and nice it is to be a consumer of the products of the industry's churn.

I don't for a second think he's consciously trying to say that, but it does feel like he didnt know when to stop talking or admit he was just following his subconscious in an unknown direction. This didn't need to be a giant part of the podcast. Literally nothing is actually being said other than "the world is cruel and complex", and it (probably unintentionally) made him sound like he wouldn't support game industry unions if they were widespread.
I think it might be a Canadian thing because I used to work at an american Tim Hortons owned by a Canadian guy who was also super anti union in the kind dodgey way Woolie talks about it (Not to say I think Woolie is super anti union-just my boss was). I think there's a lot of misconceptions out there about what exactly a union would mean for the games industry.

Sjay1994

Oct 25, 2017

Might have something to do with his current headspace.

He was going through some IRL shit that weekend.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they didn't really talk about their new partnership on the podcast. I would have thought it would be a bigger deal.