• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was watching an old podcast with Plague and Pat and honestly the physical tension between them was hillarious.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
When Pat talks about how, when using the example of BSG's finale being so catastrophically bad, it's deeply frustrating because for the most part it's great but then it faceplants at the last minute and if you just had the ability to change just a few things it would be awesome - that's how I feel about FFXIV. I love that game generally speaking but I find myself less and less able to invest time in it with every patch cycle because of how meaningless the whole thing feels - not to mention my playstyle (healer, with no interest of doing anything else full time) being so neglected and mismanaged. But if I could just change just a few things about it, it would be GOAT tier for me.

I'm glad Pat will always have XIV as that game he can always go back to but I cannot fathom how anyone can feel the need to "gear up for the expansion" when the hours you put in to get those incremental generic stat increases are probably greater than the amount of time it will take for them to be outdated in the main story progression of the expansion.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
When Pat talks about how, when using the example of BSG's finale being so catastrophically bad, it's deeply frustrating because for the most part it's great but then it faceplants at the last minute and if you just had the ability to change just a few things it would be awesome
Oh yeah, if it'd stopped right after the Bucket made that final jump, it would've been frustrating, but so much better than what we got. It's literally everything after that moment that utterly fucks up the show/franchise.

It's honestly amazing that there's a pretty good turnbased strategy game for that show now.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I miss it too, but I think thats why Matt and Liam got fed up with the podcast and Pat. I've seen the two of them get a lot of hate for "defending" or "shilling" something Pat is aggressively shitting on.
My interest in the podcast plummeted after Liam left. One of the things I appreciated most was that if Liam had limited familiarity with a subject, he would acknowledge that, whereas Pat was on the opposite end of the spectrum and was typically eager to launch into rants about subjects of which he knew very little. Matt and Woolie fell somewhere in between.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
definitely feeling the fatigue as well

i guess i'm gonna set a deadline on myself, if the cast doesnt improve by after e3, i just gotta accept that what they're doing now isn't for me any more and bow out and just listen to old episodes only forever.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to watching the L.A Noire LP and darn that was a good LP. Woolie making it to the vice desk and immediately being confronted with racism was just...wow!

I'm finally going to watch the Detroit LP. This time I'll finish it too.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's go Cygames! $1 Million first prize money for Granblue Fantasy Versus! Do it!

It'll be like that scene from SWAT where all the crime lords (esports players) perk up.
Just got to that part of the podcast. If I were Cygames, I would run one or two limited character suptix and have all the profits go towards the GBFV Cup. Seems like you would make a big prize while synergizing interest in the main game.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Pat is absolutely feasting on this FF14 live letter technical nightmare clusterfuck.

He's like a pig in shit right now.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Can't watch right now, is he doing the lp with Minh?
Episode isnt out yet and is coming out in a hour but the description says it features Minh.

What's the big deal about The 3rd Birthday,?
Its the sequel to the first two Parasite Eve games that has one of the most WTF story and events i ever witnessed in gaming and not in a good way.

Also they took Aya and put her in skimpy costumes and gave her costumes "battle damage" to see more of her.

Game pretty much shits on the character and games that came before.

Ryan7556

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Episode isnt out yet and is coming out in a hour but the description says it features Minh.

Its the sequel to the first two Parasite Eve games that has one of the most WTF story and events i ever witnessed in gaming and not in a good way.

Also they took Aya and put her in skimpy costumes and gave her costumes "battle damage" to see more of her.

Game pretty much shits on the character and games that came before.

What level of David Cage type entertainment can I expect from this?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
wow good thing they only damage in the form of a battle bikini

Oct 27, 2017
What's the big deal about The 3rd Birthday,?
Decent third person shooting mechanics, especially for PSP.
Tenuous relation to the previous games. Characters don't act like they did before. Story has nothing to do with mitochondria due to losing rights to the original Parasite Eve book (which is why it isn't called "Parasite Eve 3.")
Speaking of the story, it feels like it was written by a neural net that was on the fritz. Nothing makes sense. Things happen simply to push the story along, but fail because nothing makes sense in the first place. There is no rational cause and effect at play. Nothing makes sense.
On top of that, time travel is a core element of the story.
What level of David Cage type entertainment can I expect from this?
If Cage took bath salts, and then had a simultaneous hard-on and stroke, he still wouldn't be in the same league as this game.

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
3rd Birthday ends in the worst way. Someone needs to get the rights to the book and make a proper conclusion to the series

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure Im a fan of Woolie getting progressively more aggressive towards rando comments on the podcast. Pat is rubbing off on him.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
the most uplifted ive ever been by the podcast was when woolie was talking about hakka and pat was talking about fitness. since then its just been oppression tbh