• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
General-Mills-Unveils-New-Drumstick-Inspired-Cereal-678x381.jpg

This looks like crimes

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had read more than enough awful shit about The Third Birthday that I never wanted to experience it myself, but I decided to finally break that ice with Woolie's LP.

I don't know if I'll be able to stomach it, because right from the start it was upsetting me. The game has fantastic visuals for a PSP game and that opening remix of the PE1 intro really struck me in my soul.

But right away I can see just how much they completely and utterly SHAT on the character of Aya Brea. She's almost Olive Oil levels of dainty flower, and even the flavor text shows the beginnings of what will no doubt be an incredibly sexist atmosphere involving the character (lines like her being physically unable to lift a fire extinguisher, failing to meet the athletic rankings in the department, and getting flustered going near the men's locker room, and that's just the start).

I will continue to wonder who deserves the blame for this shit. I want to say Toriyama because it follows his piece of shit MO, but Tabata might have been guilty of this too.

This is a thousand times worse than Other M. At least Samus continued existing relatively unscathed after it.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I was listening to the DBZ fanfic review episode and I just died because I completely forgot about what Pat was actually doing and thought he had lost his fucking mind

When he does the reveal and reveals he's been talking about Steven Universe the whole time I legit nearly fell over in shock

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Not sure they ever correct it later on in the episode, but that cat video they start the podast off talking about got a little blown out of proportion. The cat got pinched by the crab, not killed... its still a fucked up thing to be cheering on, but Woolie's insistence that the cat died seemed a little weird.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure they ever correct it later on in the episode, but that cat video they start the podast off talking about got a little blown out of proportion. The cat got pinched by the crab, not killed... its still a fucked up thing to be cheering on, but Woolie's insistence that the cat died seemed a little weird.
he didnt watch the video, just the caption i think

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Oh man, the dunking on FATE was the best. It's a short thing, but the email that lead to it reminded me of exactly why I dropped that series fandom like a fucking bomb.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, the dunking on FATE was the best. It's a short thing, but the email that lead to it reminded me of exactly why I dropped that series fandom like a fucking bomb.
damn i had to relisten to that. did that guy on the email really take issue with them calling out how kanji and naoto were talked about on the podcast? that says so much about that guy who emailed

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
damn i had to relisten to that. did that guy on the email really take issue with them calling out how kanji and naoto were talked about on the podcast? that says so much about that guy who emailed
I already knew he was trash not worth listening to the moment he said 'secondary'

Typed that with his whole chest.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I still get blindsided that these 2000-era anime are increasingly seeming like the stone age of the internet when there's shit before all that. Kids growing up and looking back on Azumanga Daioh like it was a show from the 70s.
Fate is all about that mobile money now, and i don't think there's ever gonna be a glass shattering of that kind ever by these personalities unless it's a fighting game.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
That series has moved so far away from what interested me in it, that it's basically worthless to me outside of a few novels(that are never getting translated.)

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it sounded like a copy paste of a 4chan post, and who would email them that sort of thing but guys who are so in on that joke about secondaries i think they know how to get the giggles out of these guys. I'd compare it to the green shield bug joke donation on Woolie's stream, sometimes it's about "Got em" jokes and making them cringe live on stream. Mom and others in their friend circle can make self-deprecating fate jokes all day every day, but it's also a lot of horny on main without a hint of giving a fuck.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
There's absolutely no guarantee that Fate makes a fighting game.

Much less Arc Sys being who they go to.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think TM is even interested in exploring that idea. And DW already made that arcade game for their vanity fighting game needs.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
we dont need any other weeb fighters, we already have Ultra Fight Da! Kyanta 2

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

Hell yeah

Both Pat and Woolie are huge fans of fighting games and character action games, it shouldn't be a surprise that they would view Nioh higher than Sekiro especially when you think about the parts that they were disappointed with Sekiro for.

convo

Oct 25, 2017

Hell yeah

Both Pat and Woolie are huge fans of fighting games and character action games, it shouldn't be a surprise that they would view Nioh higher than Sekiro especially when you think about the parts that they were disappointed with Sekiro for.

Going all in for QOL is a statement of true commitment when devs do that in a very short amount of time. It makes one believe that there is a person or departement in dev that is dedicated to just gathering all the wisdom in the world and doing it after launch is even more rare.

Still being huge fans of mostly fighting games makes Woolie say things like the punching is the only cool thing left in Part 5. Never forget they still have blind spots in general judgment despite being fans of the highest art-forms© like anime and one-on-one fighting games but go outside this expertise and you've got clownshoe city sometimes.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going all in for QOL is a statement of true commitment when devs do that in a very short amount of time. It makes one believe that there is a person or departement in dev that is dedicated to just gathering all the wisdom in the world and doing it after launch is even more rare.

Still being huge fans of mostly fighting games makes Woolie say things like the punching is the only cool thing left in Part 5. Never forget they still have blind spots in general judgment despite being fans of the highest art-forms© like anime and one-on-one fighting games but go outside this expertise and you've got clownshoe city sometimes.
What, they're not allowed to have an opinion now?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
What, they're not allowed to have an opinion now?
They previously had a few more people to to at least contrast their takes a little. Liam was mostly always more informed and liking his devil's advocate role and was eager to call someone up their own ass sometimes. They obviously have impeccable taste in certain matters, as in i agree very much with them on a lot of points, but with fewer people on the podcast, less reigning in can occur. Woolie mostly reacts by letting Pat go of into his own dimension and that is hilarious to watch, but keeping it real is a quality i can appreciate right? I like his GOT rants, they can keep on going for another week.
That one time Woolie made their bit in the podcast a parody legal advice video and made real lawyers mad, i found also very funny but it shows that not everything they say is to be taken very seriously.

Last edited:

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They previously had a few more people to to at least contrast their takes a little. Liam was mostly always more informed and liking his devil's advocate role and was eager to call someone up their own ass sometimes. They obviously have impeccable taste in certain matters, as in i agree very much with them on a lot of points, but with fewer people on the podcast, less reigning in can occur. Woolie mostly reacts by letting Pat go of into his own dimension and that is hilarious to watch, but keeping it real is a quality i can appreciate right? I like his GOT rants, they can keep on going for another week.
That one time Woolie made their bit in the podcast a parody legal advice video and made real lawyers mad, i found also very funny but it shows that not everything they say is to be taken very seriously.
I dont really understand why people feel the need for someone to "reign" them in- if theyre not pushing out harmful shit then it really doesn't matter in my opinion? I might disagree from time to time but its their platform for themselves, they can say whatever

it's a very unprofessional podcast run deliberately unprofessionally. They keep bathroom breaks in the edit, run for however long or short they want, and upload hour long chunks onto woolie's channel. They're not going to time their discussions, they're not going to get someone to moderate them, the podcast speaks to me as this is what they want the design of it to be. I get some people want it to be like older episodes of the podcast but they're literally recording it out of woolie's home and cancel recordings way more often than the original podcast. I think this is probably the best they can handle the podcast while still trying to work a decent living for themselves while remaining true.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I dont really understand why people feel the need for someone to "reign" them in- if theyre not pushing out harmful shit then it really doesn't matter in my opinion? I might disagree from time to time but its their platform for themselves, they can say whatever

it's a very unprofessional podcast run deliberately unprofessionally. They keep bathroom breaks in the edit, run for however long or short they want, and upload hour long chunks onto woolie's channel. They're not going to time their discussions, they're not going to get someone to moderate them, the podcast speaks to me as this is what they want the design of it to be. I get some people want it to be like older episodes of the podcast but they're literally recording it out of woolie's home and cancel recordings way more often than the original podcast. I think this is probably the best they can handle the podcast while still trying to work a decent living for themselves while remaining true.
They have what they have, god knows they have more humility in getting corrected than most other gaming podcast. When they are misinformed then that is a segment of nothing happening since i can king crimson that segment out of existence with the power of the skip function of my music player. Sometimes they swerve into a shrug for me, like Woolie's fears about non-explanations in a Kojima game which usually had to over-explain things,with half-hour long explanations of terminlogy and trivia.
That that is the way things go with just two of them, that can be seen as natural, you can't say they aren't in their own bubble sometimes which i am not interested in.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
In other words, the show is more interesting when there are more and conflicting opinions.
Just about .
Of Jojo? When did he say this?
This podcast they talked about the most recent anime episode featuring 7 pages of MUDAs or roughly 30 seconds of punch-flurry. Woolie said it's the best Part 5 of Jojo has to offer and it's downhill for this part at least. Chat misheard it as being meant for all of Jojo but Woolie meant just part 5, and even that i disagree with. Part 5 has got hype moments left in it, but Woolie likes the beat-down i guess.