• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
i made an honest attemp to get through the dub version of Stardust Crusaders

and i just couldn't do it. I missed Kujo and Polnareff's voices too much

I typically prefer Dubs over Subs (yeah, @me I'll fight you that MHA, FMA, and a bunch of other Funimation shows are better in english)

But Jojo is practically unwatchable in english. Not that the dub actors are bad, but because of how much absurd dialogue is in Jojo and how they choose to dump exposition, watching it in english irks me more than watching it in Japanese.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i started watching log horizon again

database database database

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Woolie and Pat weren't using Fight sticks. That explains Woolie's performance.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
You know what must be fate? Pat mentioning TNG in this week's FNF, and Amazon having a big ass sale on Star Trek blu-rays, including $65 for the box set of all of TNG.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
iirc my prediction for CoC was 15-20 parts, good to see my guesstimations getting more accurate

i beat it about a week ago

its a very flawed game, but i think its possibly the best LovecraftTM themed game out there for how it treats its lore and relays that to you as you play. there's a lot of better Lovecraft-like games that are better, but for one based off actually Lovecraft material, this is one of the more interesting ones

i wish the leveling system could of been expanded in better ways as well, i really liked how it was set up but it only really mattered in very few places

now the wait until Frogwares The Sinking City

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
The main problem I have with Call of the Dunwich Dream Cycle of Damien Gray's Reanimator is that Bloodborne is literally just the same exact story but better.

Not least of all because while it's rolling around in a big pile of Lovecraft like an excited puppy, it at least knows when to calm down and bite onto something instead of flailing through cliches 100% of the way through.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So considering how low the expectations were for Deep Jungle, they seem to have made pretty good progress (and what little delay they did have was mainly the result of the guide they were working from), and it seems like they'll probably get done halfway through the next episode.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Glad thaat it will be over soon. i love the movie, but Deep Jungle wasn't all that fun. Of course the really boring part will be Monstro.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
oh man matt does not understand the menus at all

he took of a piece of equipment to look for the fang and didn't even put it back on, he also did not equip any of Donald or Goofy abilities even he looked at them

i wonder how long it's gonna take him to figure out you can customize the magic shortcuts

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Shirt_-_MATT_MCMUSCLES_RATED_E_2_540x.jpg

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
oh man matt does not understand the menus at all

he took of a piece of equipment to look for the fang and didn't even put it back on, he also did not equip any of Donald or Goofy abilities even he looked at them

i wonder how long it's gonna take him to figure out you can customize the magic shortcuts

Honestly shocked he found the magic shortcuts to begin with. Was thinking he was going to menu out what little magic he thought to use until at least Neverland.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like DmC at all when I played it, but the Bob Barbas boss fight was really something. Wish that the rest of the game was as aesthetically interesting.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I've been hit with the urge to rewatch the FFX LP. Going through it again, some of these racist Wakka bits completely left my mind and they are blindsiding me lol.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I didn't like DmC at all when I played it, but the Bob Barbas boss fight was really something. Wish that the rest of the game was as aesthetically interesting.
Bob Barbas is such a visually arresting fight and the news copter idea is SO good but the fight is so mechanically boring. I end up kind of hating it because it's such a waste of potential.

There's only two boss fights in the game, Mundus' Spawn and Vergil, that are not about just circling a giant enemy. Mundus and Succubus are virtually identical fights. Barbas changes things up a little but he might as well have been a floating cube for as much as the character matters to the fight. Mundus' Spawn probably could have been better, but it has pace-stopping cutscenes for literally 5-6 seconds every two minutes.

I've softened a lot on my opinions about DmC over the years but the way it can't reach the finish line on any of its good ideas is probably the worst thing about it.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yes, a Star Trek game LP!

I didn't expect this game, although I guess Pat's Warframe boner probably led them to do this specific one.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
After watching a bit of Liam's playthrough I think it would be interesting to see Matt and Woolie tackle TWEWY co op after KH is done.