• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I always feel like the Best friend's fanbase is largely out of step with them
A lot of the fans aren't actually up to the task of stepping up their own game, in contrast to the crew who have to at least try and answer some expectations. And three of them at least have experience in the game industry to have something to say a lot of the time. Pat and the others bring on the provocations to not let dumb shit be left unchallenged.
But introspection isn't even a concept to a lot of fans, so it isn't surprising that a lot of hyped up randos can't tell what the bad thing is they're doing. These people don't pay attention and are fans of Goblin Slayer for the worst reasons .

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
A lot of the fans aren't actually up to the task of stepping up their own game, in contrast to the crew who have to at least try and answer some expectations. And three of them at least have experience in the game industry to have something to say a lot of the time. Pat and the others bring on the provocations to not let dumb shit be left unchallenged.
But introspection isn't even a concept to a lot of fans, so it isn't surprising that a lot of hyped up randos can't tell what the bad thing is they're doing. These people don't pay attention and are fans of Goblin Slayer for the worst reasons .

Oh man, I remember folks giving Woolie shit for not liking Goblin Slayer and was like "Are people seriously going to bat for GS?"

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I still can't believe Woolie, who I don't think has ever been even particularly interested in tabletop, doesn't like a fantasy animoo that's directly aping tabletop aesthetics and storytelling.

(I have no idea why anyone would think Woolie would like Goblin Slayer.)

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I remember folks giving Woolie shit for not liking Goblin Slayer and was like "Are people seriously going to bat for GS?"
People who can not help themselves but post full spoilers of future events in manga or other media to hear their reaction to it, without a shred of common sense that these spoilers aren't the thing they want to see for now. But they want to hear their reactions right this moment without delay and that's just the stupid behavior one expects from dumb excited children who don't know any better. Don't forget about the church goers who are uncomfortable hearing Woolie's stories about his experience when he has made his reasons clear, these people must only listen to a select number of their podcast for this to occur .

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten several indie games due to these one offs they've done.

Same. They're honestly some of my favorites of their videos. One of the reasons I love their channel is due to the spotlight they give to smaller games you can easily miss. I recently picked up Cultist Simulator cause of Liam's stream and I've been loving it. Similarly, I marked out when I saw Iconoclasts was a free PSplus game.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey, PayPal banned Sargon from using their services. I guess they just hate "differing opinions"

Pull your heads out of your asses Pat and Paige.[\spoiler]

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
"Speaking of titty like consistency.."

*starts talking about Kirby*

Woolie just gets better over time like a fine wine. He started pretty great but these days I have a hard time telling who I love more between him and Pat.

NerevaRising

Oct 5, 2018
The conversation about all the other youtubers surpasing them because they are playing smash while they are playing line-kill spirits killed me.
"We do it to ourselves" Matt McMuscles

Imran

Oct 24, 2017

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Only the best friends would, in the same night, have a cool ass kickstarter game showcase only to follow it up with what can be described as the crusty barrel bits of the bottom

Deleted member 49770

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2018
All I'm gonna say is, maybe give Frank West a non-creepy version of this ability in MvC and even if it sucked, I'd applaud the creativity.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Dt3O2YKX4AEfKIu.jpg

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wow, so the SBF fanbase has a lot of trash, huh? The chat for Pat's stream was the most toxic garbage I've seen in a while.
In fairness, that chat had something like 7.5k viewers when the typical stream is sittin' pretty at ~1k at best. A lot of those were just people showing up because it was a stream for The Game Awards and there was a visible woman on the couch.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
SBF talking about how everyone they promote ends up with more subscribers than them for some reason made me think of Kevin Smith and his crew. Maybe not the most accurate comparison, but Matt strikes me as Kevin Smith, I guess Pat would be Scott Mosier, but he strikes me a size more of a Jay, and Woolie is the more Mosier.

Yeah, that video made me go to weird places.

convo

Oct 25, 2017

oh man i got me a judgment boner

The first dub in 12 years in a yakuza game. And ProZd is voicing some characters in there too.
I always spoil myself completly when the japanese release comes out, so a good dub actually fits right in for me to have a fresh experience.
And people who don't care can have the old experience with subs.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
there's no doubt in my mind 100 percent that they are gonna LP Judgment

but will they go subs or dubs is the burning question

convo

Oct 25, 2017
there's no doubt in my mind 100 percent that they are gonna LP Judgment

but will they go subs or dubs is the burning question
Reward the extra effort Sega put in with going for the dub, and they would be able to talk over stuff a little bit more since they wouldn't need to read what's happening plus they know the voice-actors and could get hype about it and make plenty of jokes about stuff they know about them as opposed to having no clue about notable japanese actors.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Reward the extra effort Sega put in with going for the dub, and they would be able to talk over stuff a little bit more since they wouldn't need to read what's happening plus they know the voice-actors and could get hype about it and make plenty of jokes about stuff they know about them as opposed to having no clue about notable japanese actors.
yeah, but Pat might push for subs on the off chance (likely chance) that major characters from the Yakuza series makes an appearance

convo

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, but Pat might push for subs on the off chance (likely chance) that major characters from the Yakuza series makes an appearance
He knows what they sound like, if someone were to appear he'd get a kick out of finding out what they sound like in english but the plot most likley will have very few things to do with the main yakuza games thus cameos won't spoil that much.
Now Shin Yakuza could be getting a dub now and i would go for subs first since Nishki's voice actor plays the main guy in that now.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
man, this new age of ryu ga gotoku studio being majorly successful warms my fat dog heart